FIFA 22 on PC is not next gen.

jimcwx
60 posts Park Captain
I will be canceling my EA Pro when 22 is released.

Comments

• Shooty
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited July 12
    This is an absolute joke, how they just don't care about the PC community.
    Why bring a current/next gen Stadia version and not care about PC?

But as a regular pro clubs player I'm familiar with suffering...
  • I'm out after 10 long years.
  • hhoverflow
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    No, but on the other hand, it will be again full of cheaters! :D
  • DSD27
    5772 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 12
    The game is trash anyway, too fast and full of nonsense skill moves. Not even football. Stop playing Ultimate Team, it's the best life decision you can make. The game doesn't amuse you, neither makes you relax and have a good time, what gaming should do. Go play some actual good games.
    Trust me on this one, after many years of commitment, I stopped playing FIFA last November and I don't miss it at all. Stop wasting your life.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 13
    Not buying it, will play on EA play pro but not buying it outright and not buying any fp.

This is out of order especially considering the excuse that it is because people playing fifa on pc have bad hardware.

Not gonna cancel my pro at all because I want to play the new BF anyway and Im waiting for them to add the new f1 game at some point, pro is too good value to cancel it over a single game.
    Post edited by R1ckyDaMan19 on
  • phoenix87
    80 posts Park Captain
    edited July 13
    I have cancelled my Play Pro today
  • bberger
    7451 posts League Winner
    edited July 13
    Yep, it's a joke.

As lazy as any greedy company can be.
  • I don't get why PC gamers are not getting FIFA 22 with all the latest features only found on PS5/XBOX. Where did PS5/XBOX get inspiration for their tech? PC. Why are we being left out? Its a PC staple on any game to change settings, where that be low - high/ultra shadows, and more. You can do it on Dragon Age Inquisition, Battlefield 1, 3 - 5, why not a sports game? I'm sure there's way more textures and processing power needed in a game like Inquisition/BF then FIFA. In a BF game you have tanks blasting building and crumbling to the ground and FIFA you have ... running little characters kicking a ball.... Why make those games so graphically demanding vs a sports game? It's silly to think that FIFA requires more processing power than the games I just mentioned. They should just make ONE version and if your hardware isn't powerful enough to run the game, then let me choose to turn off/on certain features so its playable. When I get a more powerful rig, then I can play FIFA 22 the way its meant to be played. I'm sure that if my system can play Doom Eternal at well over 120fps, I can play FIFA 22 :smile: This is just a bad decision that will push the fanbase more to PES. I hope EA reads their forum threads and understands why people enjoy PC gaming.
  • Ismyname
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Im canceling my membership pro on origin too.

Stop the weird scripted, old gen and few features not gonna be available on pc user to experience while
    Ps5, Xbox xls and even Stadia! User at least got something to cheer about
    I’m also curious when will fifa be a crossplay between pc and next gen console? Or they will never be
  • bberger
    7451 posts League Winner
    Ismyname wrote: »
    Im canceling my membership pro on origin too.

Stop the weird scripted, old gen and few features not gonna be available on pc user to experience while
    Ps5, Xbox xls and even Stadia! User at least got something to cheer about
    I’m also curious when will fifa be a crossplay between pc and next gen console? Or they will never be

Never.

They don't care and frankly may even prefer ot that way so users have to start from scratch if they switch platforms.
  • omarnyc
    4072 posts National Call-Up
    20 years with fifa here, i deserve to say fu ea
  • RadioShaq
    17963 posts Moderator
    Most likely because pc gamers haven’t upgraded which seems weird. The most popular card is the 1060?
  • It's OK to complain how EA will not give PC gamers the same treatment that PS5/XBOX players will get with FIFA 22 comes out. eFootball from Konami is releasing their 2022 edition in early fall that will the same across all platforms... even mobile. It'll be using the unreal engine, though it's free to play, you pay for added content that you want. It'll have same mechanics for animation.
    Let's see, unreal engine, more animations, free... sign me up and take my money for DLC for content I want. Oh and cross platform for all systems. Go watch the release videos.
    If EA wants the support of their fans, take notes from Konami.
  • Mr.Romanista
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Konami changed their game title to e-football , it is free and cross platform with new engine may be it is the time to give it a try
  • Mr.Romanista
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Most likely because pc gamers haven’t upgraded which seems weird. The most popular card is the 1060?

the XBOX series s GPU is not that powerful and the console is a next gen at 1440p , budget PC GPUs can easily handle next gen FIFA
  • bberger
    7451 posts League Winner
    The only explanation I could think of would be EA using the AI tensor cores for some of the new animations and computations. But then again they'd communicate that..

Frostbite not being capable of cross-platform is possibly the real problem here. Else they could release a "light" version for GPUs without tensor cores and old-gen and a "next gen" version with all the bells and whistles. But that would possibly hard to sell to the mainstream and hard to do marketing for that..
  • Markman007
    4347 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone try Fifa 21 on stadia? Just wondering if it’s worth switching to stadia from Origin for 22. Otherwise I’ll pass on 22 as I don’t want another last gen edition.
  • mway
    2179 posts Fans' Favourite
    Battlefield 2042 is the example why the requirements reason is a lie. BF 2042 will be the same for PC, PS5, Xbox Series, but different from PS4 and Xbox One.
  • bberger
    7451 posts League Winner
    Markman007 wrote: »
    Anyone try Fifa 21 on stadia? Just wondering if it’s worth switching to stadia from Origin for 22. Otherwise I’ll pass on 22 as I don’t want another last gen edition.

I'd be happy to test it out if you can find a coupon code or whatever for < 15EUR somewhere. Not willing to spend 69.99 full retail price on it in July..