Bring back fifa 18

Fifapayne
6019 posts Big Money Move
edited July 2021
Game mechanics..better than anything we’ve had since.

Good passing
Good 2nd man press
Good manual pressure
Good shoot mechanics
Ball didn’t bounce back as much
Way less AI blocks.
Actually outpace players

Comments

• FutGuy
    1339 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did you forget the non stop la croquetta and broken finese shots 😜
  • Jshartman
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2021
    FutGuy wrote: »
    Did you forget the non stop la croquetta and broken finese shots 😜[/That wa
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Yes please.
  • Dutch3723
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    Which one was low driven shot = goal? That one was awful. Didn't 19 have the flashback Zlatan who just scored every back post header going too?
  • Maestro2k
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Game mechanics..better than anything we’ve had since.

Good passing
    Good 2nd man press
    Good manual pressure
    Good shoot mechanics
    Ball didn’t bounce back as much
    Way less AI blocks.
    Actually outpace players

Agree totally
    18 was frostbite best year
  • Notformeclive
    2798 posts Fans' Favourite

That was 19, 18 was driven shots from every angle, to be fair all of these terrible games just sort merge into one.
    16 and 17 were the best, if they had just remastered those with tweaks to improve gameplay every year instead of adding stupid gimmicks we would be much better off.
  • Jshartman
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did you forget the non stop la croquetta and broke

That was 19
  • Fifapayne
    Dutch3723 wrote: »
    Which one was low driven shot = goal? That one was awful. Didn't 19 have the flashback Zlatan who just scored every back post header going too?

Wait, you mean the most reliable way to score in real life. That’s taught in practice for hours on end?
  • Dutch3723
    1879 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dutch3723 wrote: »

Wait, you mean the most reliable way to score in real life. That’s taught in practice for hours on end?

Perhaps it is, but unfortanately the game mechanics and impossible other ways to score meant that it was so OP that it was virtually the only way to score on 18. You just ended up with every player passing around for ages until that one chance to do low-driven with no attempts to do anything else.
  • Slawter
    4359 posts National Call-Up
    Everyone looks back on previous iterations of this game with a massive sense of nostalgia.
    Your brain is lying to you, it has been a long time since we've had a fifa game that was worthy of major nostalgia, and since you're saying it about 18 i can only assume you weren't playing when the game was at it's least bug filled (11-13, and even those had major bugs).
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    All I know this skill spammer meta is the worst out of the lot.

Left stick dribbling is just dead !
  • Fifapayne
    Slawter wrote: »
    Everyone looks back on previous iterations of this game with a massive sense of nostalgia.
    Your brain is lying to you, it has been a long time since we've had a fifa game that was worthy of major nostalgia, and since you're saying it about 18 i can only assume you weren't playing when the game was at it's least bug filled (11-13, and even those had major bugs).

It’s not nostalgia..

Fifa 18 was better
    Fifa 21 is better than 20
    Fifa 19 is better than 20
    Fifa 18 better than all

The dribbling etc

Take a look
    Summed up
    Each year dribbling is worse and the game is slower
  • Jesusdinho
    933 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2021
    David12344 wrote: »

Just face a dude who pulled of three nutmegs, a couple of fake shot stops with the obligated croqueta and scored straight of kickoff. Not one pass. Just dropped the controller and made myself a drink. Some people playing this game are just ridiculous.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Jesusdinho wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »

Just face a dude who pulled of three nutmegs, a couple of fake shot stops with the obligated croqueta and scored straight of kickoff. Not one pass. Just dropped the controller and made myself a drink. Some people playing this game are just ridiculous.

The real meta players skill more than they pass it’s awful to play against. And just looks silly. Oh and the sad thing is it works.

I want a fun game that resembles football please.
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    18 was good
  • Springveldt
    6907 posts Big Money Move
    18 was the start of the decline for me. 16 and 17 were better.
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Anything is better than this..I know it wouldn’t make any difference whatsoever, but this is the last time I buy something like this…This is the first FIFA I bought from release and it has put me off forever…Plus is not healthy for me playing video games every weekend…
  • forearms
    5887 posts Big Money Move
    18 gameplay was terrible. Pre patch 18 is a different story as that was the most enjoyable gameplay I have experienced.
  • paul24878306
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2021
    Its quite simple, good passing, good movement, good crossing, good positioning - thats football 95% of the time.

Skills are nice, and can make a difference...sometimes.
    Pace is effective.... sometimes, but often not to score but to create opportunities.
    Long balls work - very occasionally, and blind punts almost never find a teammate.

When was the last Fifa that resembled the real game in any meaningful way?

As far as which is the better game?

Well Ive played 21 the entire year. Its been decent in places but not most of the time.
    I played 20 much less, and from about November - also had time out for other games in the year.
    I didnt play 19 at all
    I played 18 to death, it was very good...nearly cost me my marriage (hence not playing 19)
    17 wasnt as good as 18 but not a total waste.
    16/15/14 just blurred into one.

• Slawter
    4359 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 2021
    Slawter wrote: »

It’s not nostalgia..

Fifa 18 was better
    Fifa 21 is better than 20
    Fifa 19 is better than 20
    Fifa 18 better than all

The dribbling etc

Take a look
    Summed up
    Each year dribbling is worse and the game is slower

Fifa 18 was the year that it got so bad there was a widely spread petition to "#FixFifa".
    It had the worst iteration of the kick off glitch.
    Weekend league was 40 games
    The input lag bug was in the game for a long time.
    Career mode was borderline unplayable with all the bugs and oversights

I'm not saying fifa 21 is good but it's just incorrect to say that fifa 18 was so much better when it was plagued by so many issues.
  • Bring back fifa 11 I say
  • TDOF
    8997 posts League Winner
    FIFA 18 pre patch was good. After the first patch was where they introduced AI defending as we know it.