Anyone find good players boring???

Growler
811 posts Semi-Pro
Don’t know what it is but they’re style is just so frustratingly boring??? Been playing quite a lot of good players lately due to a small player pool/broken match making. Players 300-400 sp’s better than me. They’re just so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring. I have to quit the game half way through cus I just scant cope, win lose or draw. Sane pattern of play
Kick off, pass it about the back 4
Pass to midfield
Couple of direction changes and pass bk
Repeat for 5 mins
Finally release a ball to a forward
Glitch through my defence with some shifty op skill move, fake shot la croquetta, goal
Effective….. of course
Boring as ❤️❤️❤️❤️…… defiantly

Comments

• Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    It has that effect when you're losing a lot
  • johntempera
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Well I don’t think good players are here to entertain the rest of us, but yes it’s a bit boring for the opponent. I started playing a bit like that last week (minus the glitchy skills) and results have improved no end.
  • All4fun1991
    2617 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 30
    Growler wrote: »
    Don’t know what it is but they’re style is just so frustratingly boring??? Been playing quite a lot of good players lately due to a small player pool/broken match making. Players 300-400 sp’s better than me. They’re just so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ boring. I have to quit the game half way through cus I just scant cope, win lose or draw. Sane pattern of play
    Kick off, pass it about the back 4
    Pass to midfield
    Couple of direction changes and pass bk
    Repeat for 5 mins
    Finally release a ball to a forward
    Glitch through my defence with some shifty op skill move, fake shot la croquetta, goal
    Effective….. of course
    Boring as ❤️❤️❤️❤️…… defiantly

I know what you mean, it gets really boring .. if there was any punishment or risk for doing a chain of OP skill moves then the game will be more exciting…But the game instead reward people who play like that.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    People that pass it back and forward between the defense and midfield aren’t good they’re just boring.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    I can tolerate possession up to 55% (no matter on whose side), it becomes really boring at 60%+ and if opponent can go to 70%+ I usually rubberband or quit (if it's in friendlies).

But most of the elite players that I've met don't do this kind of thing. Apart from the skill moves, they just see the game and player movement much better than I do.
  • Growler
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Batman442 wrote: »

It’s not about winning or losing, more about having fun, which, against certain styles, it’s not. I realise the other players aren’t playing to entertain me but seriously, it’s almost July, Fifa 22 is around the corner (for some of us at least) and you’re still playing 1 depth drop bk possession football.
  • Shire_7
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've had a few games today where it's felt like chess and it's a waiting game to see who cracks first.

Tbh I quite enjoy it rather than a brainless 10-0 match, brings fun to the game.
  • Mdm
    5021 posts Big Money Move

It’s not about winning or losing, more about having fun, which, against certain styles, it’s not. I realise the other players aren’t playing to entertain me but seriously, it’s almost July, Fifa 22 is around the corner (for some of us at least) and you’re still playing 1 depth drop bk possession football.

At this stage of game and for a while this game is not about fun but about the challenge and need for new cards and ego stroking
  • knofakes
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    The best cards don't come out until at least half way through the year so if I pack anything good along the way it kinda keeps it going for me.
  • Batman442

Who said I played that way, I gave up on fifa a few weeks back because the gameplay is trash
  • Growler
    811 posts Semi-Pro

Who said I played that way, I gave up on fifa a few weeks back because the gameplay is trash

Sorry pal, I wasn’t referring to you when I said “you’re”.
    Just meant the Fifa community in general. And you’re right, the gameplay is trash and actually getting worst. This will be the last instalment of Fifa unless EA actually listen to the community and fix they’re. Think it needs a rebuild from the ground up to be honest.
  • Batman442

Sorry pal, I wasn’t referring to you when I said “you’re”.
    Just meant the Fifa community in general. And you’re right, the gameplay is trash and actually getting worst. This will be the last instalment of Fifa unless EA actually listen to the community and fix they’re. Think it needs a rebuild from the ground up to be honest.

Been this way for a while, it's turned into fifa street the last few years.
  • RadioShaq
    18961 posts Moderator
    Possession is probably the most boring to play against. It would be different if they played manual offense or it took skill.
  • Growler
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Possession is probably the most boring to play against. It would be different if they played manual offense or it took skill.

Yip, unfortunately the game holds too many hands. I’m not saying that there isn’t a skill gap but think it’s all wrong. Assisted de de ndi g is a total joke this year. All you really have to do is sit back and don’t take control of yore Center backs.
  • al_10
    262 posts Sunday League Hero
    It’s really boring. I always enjoy watching CoD competitions, but I cannot stand watching a whole competitive FUT match.
  • what3v3r
    1008 posts Professional
    Fifa 21 gameplay is boring. Of course that two people not knowing what they are doing will be less boring, since they are still trying to figure out stuff. In fact, I never found pro events as boring as I do on Fifa 21.
  • Europa3114
    469 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited July 1
    Yep I totally agree... I've often just sat there and thought 'Jesus man, you want to win a game of fifa this bad' watching my opponent keep the ball for 15 game mins, and turning around in circles on the edge of my box... so boring that I wonder if I'm playing squad battles...

Whatever happened to creating space and trying a finese in the top corner? 🤔

Most of the time good players bore me into submission where I purposely and consciously over commit the defender to invite a forward pass!! 😴