Goretzka TOTS worth the price?

Hammer87
536 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited June 2021
Looking for a powerful all round midfielder and he looks like he might be the best one. Is he as good as he looks stats wise and worth the current price? Around 1.5m on Xbox at the moment

Or is there anyone better or equal to him? I have about 2.5m

Comments

• YaBoyDanny
    321 posts Sunday League Hero
    De Jong tots? Unsure of his price on Xbox though
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Hammer87 wrote: »
    Looking for a powerful all round midfielder and he looks like he might be the best one. Is he as good as he looks stats wise and worth the current price? Around 1.5m on Xbox at the moment

YaBoyDanny wrote: »
    De Jong tots? Unsure of his price on Xbox though

As a box-2-box goretzka is as good as it gets imo. De Jong is better as a stay back midfielder, Bruno is better attacking but not a strong defensively as goretzka.
  • Allsop
    960 posts Semi-Pro
    Hammer87 wrote: »

I am not a high level player (don’t skill much) but I’ll give you my thoughts as I have Goretzka untradeable and recently packed FoF Pogba tradable. Currently play 4312 with pin Essien as cdm (stay back) and Pogba/Goretzka as CM (balanced).

Both Pogba/Goretzka are very good. Passing on both is excellent. Goretzka feels faster and better defensively. Both good going forward as well. Hard to put my finger on it but Pogba does some annamations offensively that I haven’t seen in Goretzka and seems to be better offensively.

At their current state, if I had to pick one I would keep Goretzka. He is so versatile. Can play cm, cdm, cb. If Pogba gets upgrades and gets slight improvements in pace/defending might change my opinion on that.

• Hammer87
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks! Think I might look at getting both De Jong (800k at the moment) and Goretzka eventually. Currently my midfielders are Barella and Vidal. Quite happy with Barella but starting to think it might be worth upgrading on Vidal.

Will also keep an eye on future upgrades for Pogba
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    For his current price. Worth alot