FIFA 22 New Generic Stadiums Needed

Futbol22
1668 posts Play-Off Hero
FIFA 22 Generic Stadiums:

EA needs to prioritize making New Generic Stadium for FIFA 22. Almost all of the current generics are from FIFA 13 or older and the just don’t cut it for this new generation of consoles.

Because the generic stadiums are so outdated and significantly less detailed (than the licensed stadiums) there is an obvious drop in visual quality when playing in these stadiums. This drop in visual quality reduces the level of immersion especially when playing a game mode that has a mixture of authentic licensed stadiums and generics. The generic stadiums also do not have the personality that licensed stadiums have and that is to be expected however a lot more can be done to offset that from a design/detail POV.

Adding to the above, high profile clubs such as FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona do not have their authentic licensed stadiums in FIFA 21, therefore, a generic stadium must be used instead.

The problem with using the current generic stadiums for these high profile clubs is that none of stadiums are remotely similar to their real life counterparts and the level of detail is so “generic and sterile” that any realism is lost. These issues don’t just apply to FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona, but too all clubs in game that do not have authentic licensed stadiums.

At the very least clubs like FC Bayern München and FC Barcelona should have generic stadiums that at least can compare in design and detail to the authentic licensed stadiums currently in-game.

From this in FIFA 19:

32723766727_4360076b0a_b.jpg

to this in FIFA 21:

Fifa20__9_.jpg

The issues highlighted above are going to become increasingly more apparent as various licensed competitions and leagues are added to future FIFA.

Ultimately the current generic stadiums need to be removed and replaced with options that are more compatible with the amazing authentic stadiums that are currently in game. With the aim of creating smooth transitions between generic and licensed stadiums when playing.

EA please do something new and remove these tired out of date lifeless stadiums for something new and refreshing!

Waldstadion:

176.png

Stadion Europa:

147.png

Comments

• Markiegj
    92 posts Park Captain
    For me its about time they put all the stadiums from all the British leagues. They are willing to spend 40 million on Beckham, so why not spend some money on this. They cant be expensive to get as no one else bothers with them and it just takes a crew to go round to all the stadiums
  • mfmaxpower
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been pleased to see that they look better on the next gen versions. The generic stadiums just need a little more love to make them seem less generic, while of course what we need is to be able to customize them (but not in the silly ways FUT did stadium customization).
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Markiegj wrote: »
    For me its about time they put all the stadiums from all the British leagues. They are willing to spend 40 million on Beckham, so why not spend some money on this. They cant be expensive to get as no one else bothers with them and it just takes a crew to go round to all the stadiums

Agreed. They should also have all the Serie A and Ligue 1 stadiums
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2021
    mfmaxpower wrote: »
    I've been pleased to see that they look better on the next gen versions. The generic stadiums just need a little more love to make them seem less generic, while of course what we need is to be able to customize them (but not in the silly ways FUT did stadium customization).

It’s just shoddiness from EA.

This post below highlights how bad the generic the stadiums are. It’s clearly ps3 gen quality.

They’d be better off making new stadiums from the ground up

• Stugg93
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Europa is the worst in my opinion. Ivy Lane, Forest Ground and the rest all need redoing though

Also I would like to echo the point about British stadiums, would be amazing with a fully realised EFL.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stugg93 wrote: »
    Europa is the worst in my opinion. Ivy Lane, Forest Ground and the rest all need redoing though

Also I would like to echo the point about British stadiums, would be amazing with a fully realised EFL.

It’s crazy that EA set the Europa as the ground for the Supercup in career mode. It’s like going back to PS3
  • CantanoRM
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Are you serious? Popular clubs like Benfica, Napoli, Galatasaray still don't have their stadium, but it's about time we get the stadiums of Exeter of Tranmere? Great stadiums like Stade Louis II and Celtic Park are missing, no stadiums from Belgium and Portugal, but we should definitely have 90+ stadiums from England?
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    CantanoRM wrote: »

Are you serious? Popular clubs like Benfica, Napoli, Galatasaray still don't have their stadium, but it's about time we get the stadiums of Exeter of Tranmere? Great stadiums like Stade Louis II and Celtic Park are missing, no stadiums from Belgium and Portugal, but we should definitely have 90+ stadiums from England?

I’d agree the UK has enough stadiums. Time for EA to have more stadiums from across Europe.

Would happily trade PL for Serie A and all it’s stadiums!!
  • Leicester
    79 posts Park Captain
    More variety needed too. Pretty much every League 2 club plays at Town Park.

Make modern, but small stadiums. Make a three-tiered arena similar to the Allianz.

The obvious answer is to introduce a simple stadium creator, but it wont happen.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Leicester wrote: »

Make modern, but small stadiums. Make a three-tiered arena similar to the Allianz.

The obvious answer is to introduce a simple stadium creator, but it wont happen.

Too right. EA should make unique generic stadiums for Bayern, Barcelona so that their stadiums resemble something similar to their real life stadiums. Kinda like La Chamartin for Madrid.

How Sanderson Park is Bayern’s stadium is beyond me?? Blue asphalt surrounds the pitch. Bayern would never have that…..
  • TeamExtreme17
    4756 posts Big Money Move
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Too right. EA should make unique generic stadiums for Bayern, Barcelona so that their stadiums resemble something similar to their real life stadiums. Kinda like La Chamartin for Madrid.

How Sanderson Park is Bayern’s stadium is beyond me?? Blue asphalt surrounds the pitch. Bayern would never have that…..

• Vndrew
    57 posts Park Captain

Untitled.png
    those stands from the beginning of the video look like those on dubai stadium from volta :D
  • Markiegj
    92 posts Park Captain

You do know EA can do more than one thing right?

• CantanoRM
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You do know EA can do more than one thing right?

You're extremely overestimating EA. No way they're gonna add all English stadiums, AND all Ligue 1 stadiums, AND some Portuguese stadiums,AND another MLS stadium, AND some more stadiums from big European clubs, all in 1 year. Biggest amount of new stadiums we got in 1 year is less than 20. And they're not planning to do more because than we'll have all stadiums in a few years and they'll have very little to add in FIFA 30. Let's say we'll get 15 new stadiums this year (that's very optimistic), I'd rather have them all belong to a big club than to minor teams.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wonder how many more years EA will keep the existing generic stadiums? Fifa 35?
  • flcinusa
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    At least 1 generic stadium looks like it's been rebuilt for modern consoles.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    Interesting. Did you see only 1 or were some not updated?
  • flcinusa
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    Only seen 1 updated, a few were not. Working my way through all the stadiums to see what's been updated
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2021
    flcinusa wrote: »
    Only seen 1 updated, a few were not. Working my way through all the stadiums to see what's been updated

Thanks for checking that out.

In the CM trailer the Waldstadion looked updated, it’s not that one is it?

Does the editor make a difference?
  • flcinusa
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't have access to the editor yet, and yes, it's Waldstadion. It looks so much nicer, little touches they couldn't do in PS3 era. Mostly I'm just glad not to see 2d terracing
  • TeamExtreme17
    I don't have access to the editor yet, and yes, it's Waldstadion. It looks so much nicer, little touches they couldn't do in PS3 era. Mostly I'm just glad not to see 2d terracing

So finally no 2D steps???
  • flcinusa
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2021

No 2D steps, new visible upper tier cantilever supports, new stuff added to outside support masts, new scoreboard, behind goal fence is now netting and not as obtrusive.
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero

No 2D steps, new visible upper tier cantilever supports, new stuff added to outside support masts, new scoreboard, behind goal fence is now netting and not as obtrusive.

Thanks for this info. Hopefully it still won’t look out of place in leagues with fully scanned stadiums.
  • TeamExtreme17

Thanks for this info. Hopefully it still won’t look out of place in leagues with fully scanned stadiums.

Yeah i guess they had to upgrade them at some point, especially now we can edit them so they stand out more on PS5..
  • MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain
    With the customization options coming in FIFA22 (all be it very basic, like seat colour, roof colours, net pattern and pitch etc) hopefully it is the beginning of EA bringing in fully customizable stadia. I'd even welcome a very rudimentary stadium creator - although something like THIS would be incredible. This is on PS4.

• Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    With the customization options coming in FIFA22 (all be it very basic, like seat colour, roof colours, net pattern and pitch etc) hopefully it is the beginning of EA bringing in fully customizable stadia. I'd even welcome a very rudimentary stadium creator - although something like THIS would be incredible. This is on PS4.

Hopefully this is the future
  • Futbol22
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah i guess they had to upgrade them at some point, especially now we can edit them so they stand out more on PS5..

Looks decent

• MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain
    You can do all that on Current Gen in the Career mode. Unfortunately the editing / stadium allocation appears to be missing from the PS4 Beta I have. (Unless it's hiding somewhere)
  • MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain
    Here's some stadia types that would be very welcome;

Large open bowl - Like Camp Nou, or the larger American NFL grounds used for MLS.
    Closed style with curved roof - like Estadio Des Artes, but with roofed ends.
    Stadium similar to Estadio Des Artes, but with flat roofs on the side stands.
    American / Brazil style with open ends but roofed side stands.
    A three sided large stadium.
    Forest Park Stadium, but with all the stands equal height. (Large)
    The same, but smaller - for Championship Clubs / France etc.
    Closed in stadium, but with blocks in the corners (towers etc) - Like Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa for example.
    Bigger Waldstadion - for the likes of Bayern.
  • flcinusa
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    MikeM24 wrote: »
    Here's some stadia types that would be very welcome;

Stadium similar to Estadio Des Artes, but with flat roofs on the side stands.

You literally described Eastpoint Arena