21069 posts Club Captain
    Love it.

Sticking it to the Scottish
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Bottom of the group!
  • DannySTFC
    9686 posts League Winner
    Class act. Always goes about his business quietly with no extravagance or fuss.

I appreciate Scotland fans having a good time down in London and enjoying the occasion, but watching them celebrating a draw and seeing clips from back up on Scotland of them celebrating 0-0 at full time was embarrassing and I’m happy they’re out. This nonsense of English people being happy when Wales and Scotland progress annoys me. They hate us and want us to fail at every hurdle, so I’m happy to see them do it themselves. Scotland’s biggest moment in recent history, a draw at Wembley, jog on back up north 😊
  • Bob_Bobson
    3240 posts National Call-Up
    No shame in losing to a goal like that. Tbh, the damage was done in the first game and I suspect the table would be different had the Czech game been the third one.

David12344 wrote: »
    Love it.

Now now, this is why we like to see your lot fail. It'll come soon enough :)
  • Bob_Bobson
    DannySTFC wrote: »

I appreciate Scotland fans having a good time down in London and enjoying the occasion, but watching them celebrating a draw and seeing clips from back up on Scotland of them celebrating 0-0 at full time was embarrassing and I’m happy they’re out. This nonsense of English people being happy when Wales and Scotland progress annoys me. They hate us and want us to fail at every hurdle, so I’m happy to see them do it themselves. Scotland’s biggest moment in recent history, a draw at Wembley, jog on back up north 😊

And I hope you stand on lego
  • oldboiler
    5188 posts Big Money Move
    ….ffs, just booked my ticket to the open top bus parade of Scotland winning 0-0 vs England as well. Anyone know if it’s still going ahead?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    No shame in losing to a goal like that. Tbh, the damage was done in the first game and I suspect the table would be different had the Czech game been the third one.

Love it.

I know the feeling is mutual don’t worry 😉

Sorry mate but no love lost between us in sporting terms.

It’s not only you lot I can’t stand the welsh football team too 😂
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero

Love it.

Highly doubt anything would be different. Point against England was more or less their bad day (another very suspicious match imo).
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Crowie wrote: »

1. We don’t hate you, its called football rivalry. Hate is a ridiculous word to use over a football game.

2. Yes it’s a nonsense and also very patronising for any one in England to want Scotland or Wales to do well. It’s like City fans or Utd fans wanting the other to win the CL or EL. It’s not right.

3. If you can’t appreciate the achievement of Scotland getting a well deserved draw away at the number 4 side in the world then you don’t really understand football. Especially after the poor first game performance and the amount of pundits predicting a heavy defeat. Did you also pour scorn on Hungary getting a draw with France on Saturday and their level of celebrations afterwards.

4. Yes, we want England to lose. I refer back to point 1.

Good luck in the rest of the tourney, you may need it.

😆. There’s no achievements in football for drawing and going out mate 😉
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero

1. We don’t hate you, its called football rivalry. Hate is a ridiculous word to use over a football game.

2. Yes it’s a nonsense and also very patronising for any one in England to want Scotland or Wales to do well. It’s like City fans or Utd fans wanting the other to win the CL or EL. It’s not right.

3. If you can’t appreciate the achievement of Scotland getting a well deserved draw away at the number 4 side in the world then you don’t really understand football. Especially after the poor first game performance and the amount of pundits predicting a heavy defeat. Did you also pour scorn on Hungary getting a draw with France on Saturday and their level of celebrations afterwards.

Again, if you are expected to get gubbed 3/4/5 and don’t, that’s achieving better than expected result.

End of the day, we were 4th seeds, we finished 4th. We finished where we were expected to.

• Bob_Bobson

Love it.

All gravy. I'll just remember for when the next time Spurs does anything good...though they just find new ways of failing :lol:
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

Love it.

All gravy. I'll just remember for when the next time Spurs does anything good...though they just find new ways of failing :lol:

You might be waiting a while mr bob. They have had there day in the sun. Only way is down for them with kane leaving and then being over a billion in debt. 😂
  • Bob_Bobson

Love it.

You might be waiting a while mr bob. They have had there day in the sun. Only way is down for them with kane leaving and then being over a billion in debt. 😂

I have this idea they will actually make Kane stay. He was an idiot for signing a 6 year contract but they're daft if they don't take the £100m + player deal.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain

Love it.

I have this idea they will actually make Kane stay. He was an idiot for signing a 6 year contract but they're daft if they don't take the £100m + player deal.

He has a gentleman’s agreement apparently but I can see him staying to , it’s Daniel levy at the end of the day he’s a notoriously hard man to deal with In transfers.

Only good thing is they clearly need the money this year.
  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional

Again, if you are expected to get gubbed 3/4/5 and don’t, that’s achieving better than expected result.

End of the day, we were 4th seeds, we finished 4th. We finished where we were expected to.

This I dont understand in the last 30 odd years of England Scotland games I can only think of 1 game where we won pretty comfortably (the 2 nil play off win when Scholes got two) if memory serves was quite easy win for us. That aside I cant think of anytime we have thrashed you and it's been easy,maybe there are more and my memory is poor but even when we've won they've been close hard thought games. I get annoyed when pundits like Rio and Wright make out were going to thrash you. History tells us that doesn't happen.

That is why I didnt understand the celebrations for the 0-0. Yes Scotland fans should be pleased with the display, proud and optimistic to give you a chance going into 3rd game with a chance but to celebrate, like plenty did, I didnt understand. We are not all that.
  • Fifapayne
    6440 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2021
    Bottom of the group!

And…..they finished 2nd

Edit - I think you’ve meant Scotland.
    But in a modric thread it was assumed croatia.

Cheers brotha
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    dengah109 wrote: »

This I dont understand in the last 30 odd years of England Scotland games I can only think of 1 game where we won pretty comfortably (the 2 nil play off win when Scholes got two) if memory serves was quite easy win for us. That aside I cant think of anytime we have thrashed you and it's been easy,maybe there are more and my memory is poor but even when we've won they've been close hard thought games. I get annoyed when pundits like Rio and Wright make out were going to thrash you. History tells us that doesn't happen.

That is why I didnt understand the celebrations for the 0-0. Yes Scotland fans should be pleased with the display, proud and optimistic to give you a chance going into 3rd game with a chance but to celebrate, like plenty did, I didnt understand. We are not all that.

The 3-0 qualifier in 2016 at Wembley. I was there, I left at about 60 mins in, youse did us a favour by “declaring” at 3 as you could have had 6. I was expecting something similar on Friday. Especially after the Czech game.

You say that you are “not all that” but let’s do a rough like for like.

We have goalies who can’t get a game for Derby or sit on Rangers bench. Or are 38 year old and played in Scottish Championship last season. And are not even on FUT!

You have goalies playing in the top league in England. All 3 are better than our best.

We had centre backs from Norwich, Notts Forest, a midfielder, Leeds captain who isn’t that great and a lad out on loan in Belgium who wasn’t good enough for Celtic - and that was a Celtic defence including Shane Duffy.

England had £135m of centre backs playing last night with other good options as back up.

You are stacked on right backs, we have a lad who didn’t have a team at the start of this season and who just avoided relegation with Motherwell.

Yep we have good left backs but to get them both in we have to play 3 centre backs. Problem is the rest of the centre backs aren’t that good. Or not actually centre backs.

Midfield I’m happy with, we can match up, but one of those lads was making his competitive debut at Wembley. Still I will take Gilmour McGinn and McGregor. They ain’t Pogba and Kante but then neither are Rice and Phillips. Mount I will give you is pretty damn good.

Wide players - where do I start. Sterling Sancho Foden Grealish…….price of those 4 in today’s transfer market? We have two of Frodo’s mates who missed most of the season with injury.

Up front….quite simply we do not have a proven international goalscorer. And it shows. England don’t even play Rashford. If he was Scottish he would be elected President. Dykes has rumbled along at QPR, Nesbitt who came on has just finished his first season in the SPL, having been in the Scottish Championship for a fair bit. Adams is lively but lacks composure but still our best. However Spurs aren’t targetting him when Kane leaves are they?

If you put both teams or squads side by side, especially the attacking options, look at what they have achieved, where they play then there is a massive gap between us and yourselves. Hence we see a draw against a team with so many options better than us as a great result. We would be the same if we drew with France, Germany etc.

Bottom line is every player in the England squad would get into Scotlands squad. And, bar left backs, would start 100%. Turn it the other way round, how many of our squad would get into yours?

• Diddymow
    5804 posts Big Money Move

You've got a point, but just the one.
  • Diddymow

Love it.

(another very suspicious match imo).

Are you mentally okay mate?
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diddymow wrote: »

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Think you should take course/seminar about mental ilness before you speak that kind of BS.
  • Diddymow

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Think you should take course/seminar about mental ilness before you speak that kind of BS.

You're randomly suggesting that football matches are "suspicious", just checking everything is okay.
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

You're randomly suggesting that football matches are "suspicious", just checking everything is okay.

You still live in bubble where you think everything is so good and clean?

Good luck when life hits you.

No need to check on me mate I am doing perfectly fine.
    Take care now.
  • Diddymow

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Take care now.

Can you explain why you think the match was suspicious? It's just you're presenting zero evidence and there were no major controversial decisions, it's all just coming across as very bitter on your end.
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Take care now.

Can you explain why you think the match was suspicious? It's just you're presenting zero evidence and there were no major controversial decisions, it's all just coming across as very bitter on your end.

Watch the match again. England was playing on 30% of their ability. They did not go in match to win it.
    And if you think teams are not calculating their spot in the further phase you are delusionaly wrong.
  • Diddymow

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Take care now.

Watch the match again. England was playing on 30% of their ability. They did not go in match to win it.
    And if you think teams are not calculating their spot in the further phase you are delusionaly wrong.

Nope, there's nothing suspicious about it. That's just how we play tournament football under Southgate, very defensive and restrictive and rely on quick counter attacks. Look back at the World Cup, the only team we really blew a team away was Panama and that's just because they are pub level.

If we were "calculating" our spot we would have conceded a last minute goal last night, 2nd in the group would likely get us Sweden in the last 16.
  • Andyh60
    2736 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep nothing changes with Scotland but same probably for England when facing decent side in ko game next week..
  • Hibee
    12561 posts Has That Special Something
    Iv always found it funny seeing people get upset when Scots want England to lose. The amount of English that hated Andy Murray for it springs to mind. Its good to see most English seem want us to lose as well. Its just local rivalries. Way it should be.
  • Fifapayne
    6440 posts Big Money Move

Love it.

Wow what a hero.

Take care now.

Nope, there's nothing suspicious about it. That's just how we play tournament football under Southgate, very defensive and restrictive and rely on quick counter attacks. Look back at the World Cup, the only team we really blew a team away was Panama and that's just because they are pub level.

If we were "calculating" our spot we would have conceded a last minute goal last night, 2nd in the group would likely get us Sweden in the last 16.

England looked pedestrian in every game so far
    Not sure what the other guy is on about.
  • Ballerson
    1546 posts Play-Off Hero

Word has it that Mel Gibson is to be part owner of Newcastle since the FA put the kibbash on Saudi MBS ownership — then you British will have real problems…. 😉