R94 this year

ChaseO
471 posts An Exciting Prospect
How’s R94 this year? I’ve never had a chance to use him over the years and wondering if I should go for it. Main worry is that, just like PIM Ice, his price seems to be much lower this year, compared to last, and was wondering if it meant he’s not as good?

Comments

• Lord_Begley
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    R94 is a beast for me.

He’s as clinical now as he was pre tots.

I’d strongly advise that you use hawk rather than engine to max out his shooting stats. He feels great with engine, but he hits the post more often. With hawk he’s the most clinical striker I’ve used.

5-E799222-9-D1-E-41-C2-87-EF-44-BE66-EF690-D.jpg
  • RKO_VIPER
    705 posts An Exciting Prospect
    R94 is a beast for me.

I’d strongly advise that you use hawk rather than engine to max out his shooting stats. He feels great with engine, but he hits the post more often. With hawk he’s the most clinical striker I’ve used.

I’ll try this I was about to bin him as he was costing me so many opportunities
  • ChaseO
    R94 is a beast for me.

Thats good to hear! Take it no concerns at all then, even at this stage of the game?
    RKO_VIPER wrote: »

Good luck mate, do keep us updated! :)
  • Lord_Begley
    RKO_VIPER wrote: »
    R94 is a beast for me.

Yeah defo switch to hawk. I started with engine and was frustrated. I then switched to hawk and never looked back.

It amazes me that engine is the most popular chemistry style.
  • Lord_Begley
    ChaseO wrote: »
    R94 is a beast for me.

Thats good to hear! Take it no concerns at all then, even at this stage of the game?

No concerns at all. If I could have 2 R94’s up front I would.
  • ChaseO
    R94 is a beast for me.

No concerns at all. If I could have 2 R94’s up front I would.

Really tempted to pull the trigger now...
  • joehuk
    6228 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 17
    If you haven't used him before do it.

For me R94 > tots CR7 just for the fun factor and satisfaction of scoring and seeing him celebrate aswell as finesse shot trait. Which makes his finishing seem a little more.clinical at times.

But with CR7 I've had so many Bs moments that's won games, and his normal power shots are far tighter than R94.
  • Lord_Begley
    edited June 17
    joehuk wrote: »
    If you haven't used him before do it.

For me R94 > tots CR7 just for the fun factor and satisfaction of scoring and seeing him celebrate aswell as finesse shot trait. Which makes his finishing seem a little more.clinical at times.

But with CR7 I've had so many Bs moments that's won games, and his normal power shots are far tighter than R94.

That’s a good point. I finesse nearly all of my shots with R94. He seems to have the best conversion with this shot type.

For every corner I pass to a player, then pass to R94 and finesse from outside the box. I’ve scored a crazy number of goals doing this. His finesse is lethal.
  • Andyh60
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 17
    Yep still my hope's and dreams to get at least a mid r9 for fut21, just too much for me right now at over 5 mil so have settled for mid pele at just over 3 mil.
  • ChaseO
    Andyh60 wrote: »
    Yep still my hope's and dreams to get at least a mid r9 for fut21, just too much for me right now at over 5 mil so have settled for mid pele at just over 3 mil.

Are you thinking he might drop, FOF Team 2 or Best Of time maybe? Will it be too late then to "enjoy" (though I am sure some might be thinking "game's already dead").
  • Lord_Begley

Are you thinking he might drop, FOF Team 2 or Best Of time maybe? Will it be too late then to "enjoy" (though I am sure some might be thinking "game's already dead").

I’ve lost about 2.5 million since I purchased him at the start of this year. But he’s played over 1,000 games and has scored over 1,300, so I couldn’t care less about the price drop, I’m never going to sell him.

If you can afford him now, just buy him. It really doesn’t matter what he’s selling for when he’s banging in the goals.
  • ChaseO

I’ve lost about 2.5 million since I purchased him at the start of this year. But he’s played over 1,000 games and has scored over 1,300, so I couldn’t care less about the price drop, I’m never going to sell him.

If you can afford him now, just buy him. It really doesn’t matter what he’s selling for when he’s banging in the goals.

Fair point mate. Really may go grab him since this weekend will be one of my last WLs anyway!
  • Lord_Begley

Fair point mate. Really may go grab him since this weekend will be one of my last WLs anyway!

It really doesn’t sounds like you’ve got much to lose. If this is one of your last WL, who cares about virtual coins. Just purchase the players you want to try and go out on a high.
  • JimNoShoes
    1043 posts Professional
    As soon as I had the coins I got him. For me he is amazing. Took a few games for me to get used t9 him, but now he is a goal scoring machine.
  • ChaseO
    Bit the bullet for one at 5m on PS after tracking him the last few hours. Time to enjoy. Thanks lads, esp @Lord_Begley for encouraging this indulgence.
  • Lord_Begley
    Bit the bullet for one at 5m on PS after tracking him the last few hours. Time to enjoy. Thanks lads, esp @Lord_Begley for encouraging this indulgence.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy!
  • Darthsinvadet
    1675 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 18
    He’s on my bench for months. Absolute clunker.
  • ChaseO
    He’s on my bench for months. Absolute clunker.

Appreciate the response, but kinda went and got him already. Had considered the issue of what if he turns out bad, but well this might just be the only year I get to use him; so....