Footballs gambling addiction

Gazmac_868
2895 posts Fans' Favourite
Any UK guys channel 4 right now good documentary with Ruth Davidson. Looking at the gambling act.

Comments

  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bump!! kid on it only got Francis coquelin for 30 quid on packs!!
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.
  • Theomanny
    2742 posts National Call-Up
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    Crazy
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2021
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!

    Its called footballs gambling addiction pal. It's presented by ruth Davidson who was the leader of the conservative party in Scotland. It was about the hold gambling companies have on football as a whole. Some sad stories from people who unfortunately got into deep with gambling including Steven caulker who started out at spurs if you remember him Ironically I believe he recently got a sbc on this game. The game is mentioned in it albeit briefly although ruth is shocked that theres no regulation on these loot boxes As I've mentioned was heartbreaking seeing the young lad waste more than half his wages on fifa points. Of course EA issued the same old it's not or has any link to gambling line.

    Yes pal il definitely check that love military films for sure
    Post edited by Gazmac_868 on
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I forgot this was on, will definitely catch up. Thanks for the reminder.

    On the topic, I'm delighted I can actually buy Ipswich merchandise again now we're no longer advertising an online casino. The sooner all clubs are banned from gambling shirt sponsors, the better. I think it's a disgrace that EA don't omit them from kits in this game.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32974 posts National Team Captain
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!

    Outpost is also on Netflix now aswell. Enjoyed it.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!

    Its called footballs gambling addiction pal. It's presented by ruth Davidson who was the leader of the conservative party in Scotland. It was about the hold gambling companies have on football as a whole. Some said stories from people who unfortunately got into deep with gambling including Steven caulker who started out at spurs if you remember him Ironically I believe he recently got a sbc on this game. The game is mentioned in it albeit briefly although ruth is shocked that theres no regulation on these loot boxes As I've mentioned was heartbreaking seeing the young lad waste more than half his wages on fifa points. Of course EA issued the same old it's not or has any link to gambling line.

    Yes pal il definitely check that love military films for sure

    It is sad gaz mate. I will definitely catch up on that thank you. Paul Merson was the same and actually still has issues. I think America has tougher regulations on bookies and stuff don’t they. Maybe we need to look at that although betting shops bring in money and we all know money talks in this country over peoples well being
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I forgot this was on, will definitely catch up. Thanks for the reminder.

    On the topic, I'm delighted I can actually buy Ipswich merchandise again now we're no longer advertising an online casino. The sooner all clubs are banned from gambling shirt sponsors, the better. I think it's a disgrace that EA don't omit them from kits in this game.

    Agreed mate. EA couldn't call huddersfield towns stadium by its proper name but are happy to have all these kits with gambling logos as you say. It's like drink is bad but gambling is good sends out an awful message. I think the authorities are seriously considering banning clubs being sponsored by gambling firms. It's all covered on the programme really good watch.
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I forgot this was on, will definitely catch up. Thanks for the reminder.

    On the topic, I'm delighted I can actually buy Ipswich merchandise again now we're no longer advertising an online casino. The sooner all clubs are banned from gambling shirt sponsors, the better. I think it's a disgrace that EA don't omit them from kits in this game.

    Agreed mate. EA couldn't call huddersfield towns stadium by its proper name but are happy to have all these kits with gambling logos as you say. It's like drink is bad but gambling is good sends out an awful message. I think the authorities are seriously considering banning clubs being sponsored by gambling firms. It's all covered on the programme really good watch.

    There's also the fact the clubs have to sell a plain shirt in youth sizes, yet they log in to FIFA and there it is. A 12 year old can't wear it but he can stock a shirt with every gambling sponsor going in his virtual club. Doesn't add up.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3690 posts National Call-Up
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I forgot this was on, will definitely catch up. Thanks for the reminder.

    On the topic, I'm delighted I can actually buy Ipswich merchandise again now we're no longer advertising an online casino. The sooner all clubs are banned from gambling shirt sponsors, the better. I think it's a disgrace that EA don't omit them from kits in this game.

    Agreed mate. EA couldn't call huddersfield towns stadium by its proper name but are happy to have all these kits with gambling logos as you say. It's like drink is bad but gambling is good sends out an awful message. I think the authorities are seriously considering banning clubs being sponsored by gambling firms. It's all covered on the programme really good watch.

    The problem is, if they ban the gambling companies from sponsoring stuff, we will see a whole bunch of clubs going out of business (especially at the moment with so many clubs on the edge due to covid).

    Maybe phasing it in over 5 years or something will give them a chance to ween themselves off the betting company teet. Not sure but I do agree something needs to change.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    I forgot this was on, will definitely catch up. Thanks for the reminder.

    On the topic, I'm delighted I can actually buy Ipswich merchandise again now we're no longer advertising an online casino. The sooner all clubs are banned from gambling shirt sponsors, the better. I think it's a disgrace that EA don't omit them from kits in this game.

    Agreed mate. EA couldn't call huddersfield towns stadium by its proper name but are happy to have all these kits with gambling logos as you say. It's like drink is bad but gambling is good sends out an awful message. I think the authorities are seriously considering banning clubs being sponsored by gambling firms. It's all covered on the programme really good watch.

    The problem is, if they ban the gambling companies from sponsoring stuff, we will see a whole bunch of clubs going out of business (especially at the moment with so many clubs on the edge due to covid).

    Maybe phasing it in over 5 years or something will give them a chance to ween themselves off the betting company teet. Not sure but I do agree something needs to change.

    Yes Bob mate it is a big problem. It's sad that gambling firms have such a hold over football. Swansea city even said on the programme they were costing themselves a lot of money by not taking sponsorship from a betting company. They claimed had they got promotion they would have no alternative but to go back to having a gambling logo on their Jersey.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!

    Its called footballs gambling addiction pal. It's presented by ruth Davidson who was the leader of the conservative party in Scotland. It was about the hold gambling companies have on football as a whole. Some said stories from people who unfortunately got into deep with gambling including Steven caulker who started out at spurs if you remember him Ironically I believe he recently got a sbc on this game. The game is mentioned in it albeit briefly although ruth is shocked that theres no regulation on these loot boxes As I've mentioned was heartbreaking seeing the young lad waste more than half his wages on fifa points. Of course EA issued the same old it's not or has any link to gambling line.

    Yes pal il definitely check that love military films for sure

    It is sad gaz mate. I will definitely catch up on that thank you. Paul Merson was the same and actually still has issues. I think America has tougher regulations on bookies and stuff don’t they. Maybe we need to look at that although betting shops bring in money and we all know money talks in this country over peoples well being

    Yes merse has had lots of problems with gambling over the years. Such a talented player and I like him as a pundit. I watched him on that harry Redknapp show on ITV having a go at razor ruddock for his boozing. I think hes managed to give up the booze himself.
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Gazmac_868 just watched it on all 4.

    I've always been anti gambling, refused to buy an Ipswich shirt while Magical Vegas was the primary sponsor as I mentioned previously, and while watching that tonight it just confirmed to me that I've been kidding myself thinking FUT was any different. That's me done.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    @Gazmac_868 just watched it on all 4.

    I've always been anti gambling, refused to buy an Ipswich shirt while Magical Vegas was the primary sponsor as I mentioned previously, and while watching that tonight it just confirmed to me that I've been kidding myself thinking FUT was any different. That's me done.

    Yes mate unfortunately my worry is FUT will introduce a lot of kids into gambling. However many times EA attempt to deny this game is a form of gambling. Hopefully the government can finally step in. It was telling how shocked ruth Davidson was when she saw there was no regulation with regards loot boxes.
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    @Gazmac_868 just watched it on all 4.

    I've always been anti gambling, refused to buy an Ipswich shirt while Magical Vegas was the primary sponsor as I mentioned previously, and while watching that tonight it just confirmed to me that I've been kidding myself thinking FUT was any different. That's me done.

    Yes mate unfortunately my worry is FUT will introduce a lot of kids into gambling. However many times EA attempt to deny this game is a form of gambling. Hopefully the government can finally step in. It was telling how shocked ruth Davidson was when she saw there was no regulation with regards loot boxes.

    I think I'm going to join her crusade. I'm off to get my cape, I'll keep an eye on the forums though.
  • knofakes
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ m8
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    knofakes wrote: »
    Don't be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ m8

    You what mate??
  • knofakes
    423 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    knofakes wrote: »
    Don't be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ m8

    You what mate??

    Nothing wrong with a little action on the side. Don't drink either do yeh?
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2021
    knofakes wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    knofakes wrote: »
    Don't be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ m8

    You what mate??

    Nothing wrong with a little action on the side. Don't drink either do yeh?

    I seldom drink these days friend maybe at a wedding or stag do something like that. Unfortunately I have an uncle who's a full blown alcoholic and I can tell you it's not a pretty sight. Always puts the fear of God up me il end up the same. Of course in moderation drink and gambling are fine but unfortunately some people struggle with addiction issues and are preyed on by big companies like EA when they are vulnerable. Do you think EA are fair enough to promote gambling in a 3+ kids game?? Maybe educate yourself about addiction friend. This documentary wouldn't be a bad start.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »
    @Gazmac_868 just watched it on all 4.

    I've always been anti gambling, refused to buy an Ipswich shirt while Magical Vegas was the primary sponsor as I mentioned previously, and while watching that tonight it just confirmed to me that I've been kidding myself thinking FUT was any different. That's me done.

    Yes mate unfortunately my worry is FUT will introduce a lot of kids into gambling. However many times EA attempt to deny this game is a form of gambling. Hopefully the government can finally step in. It was telling how shocked ruth Davidson was when she saw there was no regulation with regards loot boxes.

    I think I'm going to join her crusade. I'm off to get my cape, I'll keep an eye on the forums though.

    Well definitely stay around on here mate! You more often than not are the voice of reason on here pal! Except when you re debating me of course!! Haha
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    Cheers for the recommendation Gaz, just watched it. The bit on fut was good to see, hopefully when the UK gambling review is finished it will be bye bye fifa points.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2021
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Has it finished ? Was watching a film.

    Yes it's over now mate.Well worth catching up on 4 on demand. EA responded to her that they reckon it's not gambling as there is no cash out option. Was sad watching the young lad say he earns 55 quid a week and 30 quid of that goes on packs.

    What’s the name of this program mate. I was watching a film called outpost !! Recommend it by the way gaz mate. It’s on amazon a very good army film!

    Outpost is also on Netflix now aswell. Enjoyed it.

    The outpost I meant ? Is it that one ? I hear there two of these films. I’m talking about the army one ?
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cheers for the recommendation Gaz, just watched it. The bit on fut was good to see, hopefully when the UK gambling review is finished it will be bye bye fifa points.

    No worries Keith mate. Here's hoping the government finally do something about these loot boxes. The more it's in the mainstream media the better. They could probably do a full follow up documentary on this game tbh.
Sign In or Register to comment.