Played all 30 games this week for the first time since the beginning of TOTS...

Killatix
133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I used to be an Elite3 player, during tots, except one time (20-6), I always stopped at 14-1, 14-2. This time I played all 30 games and finished 20-10... Even though it has not been a special result, I am absolutely proud of my performance.

Why? Because I am probably one of the very few here who competes for Elite finishes with a wireless connection... Especially in the game's current state, where everyone is playing 10 depth with AI pressing, spamming skill moves/cancels, it becomes an absolute horror show to play against these guys with a wireless connection...

Each of my games, from the very first until the very last have been a sweat fest, just because I have such huge connection disadvantage... Neymar and Coutinho don't turn, spamming the L1 button to send your forwards on a run and they still stay like idiots, your defence constantly out of shape and full of gaps like a swiss cheese because your AI does not react fast enough and so on...

Whoever complains about gameplay, should first play FUT during TOTS with a wireless connection... I am sure, he will appreciate his "crap" gameplay which he had before a lot more... Despite starting playing fifa last year, I managed to finish elite 3 in fifa 21 twice 2 months ago. I was still using wireless connection, but it was somehow "acceptable", but with this high pressing META right now, it really sucks the life out of you...

Comments

  • Mogga
    2762 posts Fans' Favourite
    Buy some homeplugs mate if the routers miles away
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3244 posts National Call-Up
    The gameplay you talk about is exactly the same for me on wireless and LAN cable. It's EA's servers that dictate what it will be like. Luckily for me the last 2 weekends since the last update something changed and it's improved massively. The difference in gameplay speed, the AI being in time and reaction to inputs is massive. My home set up has not changed at all so it's certainly server/EA related.
  • Barry Allannnn
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    I get the exact same results wired or wireless.
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mogga wrote: »
    Buy some homeplugs mate if the routers miles away

    Mate, I upgraded my internet, spent like 250€ on two different powerline adapters, it just does not work... with powerline adapters (internet from the socket) I just get higher jitter and package loss... with wifi at least I dont have sequences during the game, where all of a sudden the screen freezes for a few seconds and everything is running out of controll... the router is in the living room, the problem is there are no gaps at the doors to really lay a cable from...
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The gameplay you talk about is exactly the same for me on wireless and LAN cable. It's EA's servers that dictate what it will be like. Luckily for me the last 2 weekends since the last update something changed and it's improved massively. The difference in gameplay speed, the AI being in time and reaction to inputs is massive. My home set up has not changed at all so it's certainly server/EA related.

    Mate, you usually notice when your opponent has the same issues... At least my opposition notices it and quickly turns on constant pressure... If it was EA servers only, my opponents would face the same issues... But somehow they dont give away gaps when turning on constant pressure, they can turn with haaland like messi, while I cant badly perform a ball roll with neymar or coutinho. Also what sucks is that despite playing a narrow width in defence, there is sitll a huge gap between my CBs and FBs, while the FBs of my opponent are positioned like 3rd and 4th center backs...
  • dengah109
    1171 posts Professional
    Killatix wrote: »
    Mogga wrote: »
    Buy some homeplugs mate if the routers miles away

    Mate, I upgraded my internet, spent like 250€ on two different powerline adapters, it just does not work... with powerline adapters (internet from the socket) I just get higher jitter and package loss... with wifi at least I dont have sequences during the game, where all of a sudden the screen freezes for a few seconds and everything is running out of controll... the router is in the living room, the problem is there are no gaps at the doors to really lay a cable from...

    Buy a drill...
  • Grahammbe2
    808 posts Professional
    Lol
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Killatix wrote: »
    The gameplay you talk about is exactly the same for me on wireless and LAN cable. It's EA's servers that dictate what it will be like. Luckily for me the last 2 weekends since the last update something changed and it's improved massively. The difference in gameplay speed, the AI being in time and reaction to inputs is massive. My home set up has not changed at all so it's certainly server/EA related.

    Mate, you usually notice when your opponent has the same issues... At least my opposition notices it and quickly turns on constant pressure... If it was EA servers only, my opponents would face the same issues... But somehow they dont give away gaps when turning on constant pressure, they can turn with haaland like messi, while I cant badly perform a ball roll with neymar or coutinho. Also what sucks is that despite playing a narrow width in defence, there is sitll a huge gap between my CBs and FBs, while the FBs of my opponent are positioned like 3rd and 4th center backs...

    Noo way the other roommates will allow it 🤣
  • Tster101
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ive always played wireless and been a consistent elite player. I also used to play on a fat bulky 50inch TV 😂. Now I play on a high end gaming monitor and whenever I've switch from wire to wireless I've never noticed a difference so I'm back to wireless. Also live in the countryside internet average isn't great. But I find the real issue is EAs servers. Not your TV you play on, Internet you use or if you're wired or not.
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tster101 wrote: »
    Ive always played wireless and been a consistent elite player. I also used to play on a fat bulky 50inch TV 😂. Now I play on a high end gaming monitor and whenever I've switch from wire to wireless I've never noticed a difference so I'm back to wireless. Also live in the countryside internet average isn't great. But I find the real issue is EAs servers. Not your TV you play on, Internet you use or if you're wired or not.

    Thats a big achievement mate. How do you cope with crap gameplay? How do you cope with that high pressing? May I ask what formation/tactics you use? 442 seems like not working well with wireless...
  • Tster101
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Killatix wrote: »
    Tster101 wrote: »
    Ive always played wireless and been a consistent elite player. I also used to play on a fat bulky 50inch TV 😂. Now I play on a high end gaming monitor and whenever I've switch from wire to wireless I've never noticed a difference so I'm back to wireless. Also live in the countryside internet average isn't great. But I find the real issue is EAs servers. Not your TV you play on, Internet you use or if you're wired or not.

    Thats a big achievement mate. How do you cope with crap gameplay? How do you cope with that high pressing? May I ask what formation/tactics you use? 442 seems like not working well with wireless...

    Well I like you haven't played a full 30 since tots began. I came back at bundes tots from a break and it's the low depth people that kill me not the high press. I'm constantly getting countered as I play very attacking and don't have full backs at CB. I can't see myself getting elite tonight but I don't think it's connection or input lag I'm struggling with. It's this meta and people's style of play. Just need to get used to game again after months break. I mainly play 4222. Similar to 442 maybe we're in same boat as alot of ppl playing 4312 atm and it seems to dominate me offensively. I've just set up a 4312 for them games to match them up and had success with it last few games. As for instructions I keep everything on 5 par attacking width 4
Sign In or Register to comment.