This game, with such awful servers is not ready for a high pressing META

Killatix
133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
The only reason why this game is absolutely unenjoyable is this crap high AI pressing META. It not only kills the skill gap, but it is also a huge disadvantage for someone facing connection issues...

Last year we had at least a game where AI pressing was not META. This way we could still have some sort of a joy playing this game despite crap gameplay.

We all know that EA wont invest in its servers, at least this AI pressing must be completely nerfed. In crap gameplay you can not counter it because noone moves and you can also not reply with AI pressing yourself, as crap gameplay does not only have a negative impact on your players when attacking, but also when defending...

Comments

• Orison
    65719 posts Icon
    The only reason? God help you.

We need pressing otherwise people just hold the ball forever and claim that they had to due to connection. But it should be done with 2nd men press and player switching, not with the dpad.
  • Mattheos
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    They do it in the 70th minute and there entire team pushes up & swarms not only onto the player your controlling but passing options & space. Sometimes It can be impossible to get the ball away from the box even clearances seem perfectly hit an A.I. defender.
  • Mattheos
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it's also made worse by the movements of your support players & first touch at times being heavy no matter the weight of the pass or the stats of the recipient. I literally played someone who button bashing tackles & barely losing momentum, recovering quicker then my players can control the ball and turn.
  • Killatix
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mattheos wrote: »
    I think it's also made worse by the movements of your support players & first touch at times being heavy no matter the weight of the pass or the stats of the recipient. I literally played someone who button bashing tackles & barely losing momentum, recovering quicker then my players can control the ball and turn.

Mate, the AI pressing is absolutely broken, thats fact. Just look at the radar, when you have goalkick and your opponent has constant pressure activated. Your last striker, who is miles offside is also being tight man marked, even though the rest of the opposition players are in my own half. In theory you could exploit such spaces so easily, but lobbed and short through balls are not working and also your players somehow get disabled and dont move or move into the opoosition defender... My biggest issue is that somehow with good gameplay it may still be beatable, but since we are facing crap gameplay 90% of the time, AI pressing becomes and absolutely awful skill gap destroyer...
  • Mattheos
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Killatix wrote: »
    Mattheos wrote: »

Mate, the AI pressing is absolutely broken, thats fact. Just look at the radar, when you have goalkick and your opponent has constant pressure activated. Your last striker, who is miles offside is also being tight man marked, even though the rest of the opposition players are in my own half. In theory you could exploit such spaces so easily, but lobbed and short through balls are not working and also your players somehow get disabled and dont move or move into the opoosition defender... My biggest issue is that somehow with good gameplay it may still be beatable, but since we are facing crap gameplay 90% of the time, AI pressing becomes and absolutely awful skill gap destroyer...

You're 100% right. It's also suss deflections, the ball just flies to an attacker 9/10 times from tackles or auto lunges.

It's just a terribly made game with bad servers.
  • Orison
    65719 posts Icon
    Killatix wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »

We need pressing otherwise people just hold the ball forever and claim that they had to due to connection. But it should be done with 2nd men press and player switching, not with the dpad.

God should rather be kept busy with you, you idiot... cant you read? I get it corona and no school etc.. but come on, your parent could teach you how to read... I emohasized multipe times AI PRESSING. Fyi: AI= artificial intelligence...

AI pressing can't be nerfed without a lot of other things being buffed.

So if that nerf is your only/main wish then it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »

And it for sure shouldn't cripple the opposing team. Players with 99 composure suddenly forget how to pass, move or simply control the ball, even without immediate pressure..

If it wouldn't affect stats of the opposing team the CP wouldn't even be a problem.

Feels an awful lot like SB on higher difficulty at times..