FIfa points - do you?

1
Gainzy
1440 posts Play-Off Hero
I’m intrigued to know how many people still spend real money on this game, and if it actually gives them the advantage they think it does?
In my opinion unless you’ve dumped thousands into buying packs, your ultimate team is the same as anyone else’s. The fact gold Varane and Mbappe are still relevant during ultimate tots is crazy.

Comments

  • limjitwe
    9973 posts Has That Special Something
    Guilty. No need to ask why we do it.
  • Gainzy
    1440 posts Play-Off Hero
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Guilty. No need to ask why we do it.
    Ask yourself why though? If someone buys the game for £10 in May they can end up with just as good a team as someone who paid £80 for the ultimate edition and spent £1000 on FP.
  • Arron xox
    3971 posts National Call-Up
    £0 this year
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Normally I load $100 at release for a comfortable start and that's it.
    After this year I decided that I won't do it again until the game gets a new engine.
  • Darthsinvadet
    1675 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gainzy wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Guilty. No need to ask why we do it.
    Ask yourself why though? If someone buys the game for £10 in May they can end up with just as good a team as someone who paid £80 for the ultimate edition and spent £1000 on FP.

    I don’t have to ask myself why. I’ve kids and I’ve a high pressured job. I just let loose whenever I want. Some of my friends who didn’t spend has a good as a team or I still lose to full gold teams in rivals here and there. But I honestly had more fun in the early game using and trying other players inbetween and some cheap thrill opening packs which normally ends in disappointment. Lol

    My man. I own 4 restaurants am 34 and my fun time is fifa aside from step kids and wife. I’ll spend what I want to enjoy something I love no matter how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the game can be. Fam, business(money)life and fifa for me. Can care less what anyone thinks. Also crypto life.... 😂
  • limjitwe
    9973 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gainzy wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Guilty. No need to ask why we do it.
    Ask yourself why though? If someone buys the game for £10 in May they can end up with just as good a team as someone who paid £80 for the ultimate edition and spent £1000 on FP.

    I don’t have to ask myself why. I’ve kids and I’ve a high pressured job. I just let loose whenever I want. Some of my friends who didn’t spend has a good as a team or I still lose to full gold teams in rivals here and there. But I honestly had more fun in the early game using and trying other players inbetween and some cheap thrill opening packs which normally ends in disappointment. Lol

    My man. I own 4 restaurants am 34 and my fun time is fifa aside from step kids and wife. I’ll spend what I want to enjoy something I love no matter how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the game can be. Fam, business(money)life and fifa for me. Can care less what anyone thinks. Also crypto life.... 😂
    🤜🤛

    Just got into crypto. Not the best timing though. I’m sure you just be a billionaire now ✌️
  • RadioShaq
    18555 posts Moderator
    People spend money to save time and get a better team. Yeah yeah everyone ea is greedy blah blah but the gaming community is the one who demands this stuff be in the game.

    People have been spending on games way before the developers have ever entered the ring. They have also been doing it way before fut and will even if there was no fut.
  • MarchOrDie
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 5
    Never spent since i play ut(2016)althogh i was pretty lucky in terms of pack. The thing is that if you pay, the game last for 1 year, then you have to buy fp in another new game, that is decisive why you shouldn't. but if really can afford, do it, at the end of the day that's what it keeps the game rollin'..
  • Leandrinho
    1619 posts Fans' Favourite
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Gainzy wrote: »
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Guilty. No need to ask why we do it.
    Ask yourself why though? If someone buys the game for £10 in May they can end up with just as good a team as someone who paid £80 for the ultimate edition and spent £1000 on FP.

    I don’t have to ask myself why. I’ve kids and I’ve a high pressured job. I just let loose whenever I want. Some of my friends who didn’t spend has a good as a team or I still lose to full gold teams in rivals here and there. But I honestly had more fun in the early game using and trying other players inbetween and some cheap thrill opening packs which normally ends in disappointment. Lol

    My man. I own 4 restaurants am 34 and my fun time is fifa aside from step kids and wife. I’ll spend what I want to enjoy something I love no matter how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the game can be. Fam, business(money)life and fifa for me. Can care less what anyone thinks. Also crypto life.... 😂

    Buy the dip! 🤣 Got myself some vet and xrp a'd safemoon
  • Mmandras
    5680 posts Big Money Move
    no
  • Burchy
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    I guilty of spending on Fifa points.

    But I haven’t spent a penny for the last 2 months. I have come to realise what a total waste of money it was.

    If I get the urge to open some packs, I always play a game or 2 of division rivals. It shows how bad this game is and how toxic the game play has become.

    For me personally, the game has run its course. It’s about collecting cards now.
  • ForestGrump70
    1104 posts Professional
    Never have, never will.
  • abhreebhu_45
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa points are overrated
    Many can make a top team without them

    But it's the gambler inside us who needs to satisfy that urge

    PS-i never have purchased them
  • Mmandras
    5680 posts Big Money Move
    FUT revenue is increasing so whatever they are doing they should keep doing it.

    FY 2020: $1.49bn
    FY 2019: $1.37bn
    FY 2018: $1.18bn
    FY 2017: $775m
    FY 2016: $660m
    FY 2015: $587m
  • David12344
    14301 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 5
    Over £2000 spent 🤦‍♂️ #ashamed
  • David12344
    14301 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 5
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People spend money to save time and get a better team. Yeah yeah everyone ea is greedy blah blah but the gaming community is the one who demands this stuff be in the game.

    People have been spending on games way before the developers have ever entered the ring. They have also been doing it way before fut and will even if there was no fut.

    So I’ve spent over £2000 and couldn’t even dream of getting near a top top tots or let alone top top icon. That is greedy on there part I’m afraid. Packs need regulations


    And stupid on my part
  • Saiber_Summia
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    greif44 wrote: »
    Normally I load $100 at release for a comfortable start and that's it.
    After this year I decided that I won't do it again until the game gets a new engine.

    I never did that in the past, but this year I decided to go that way. Honestly not worth at all, at least at the very beginning...
    Will never do again, maybe 100€ at toty, but very very questionable.

    Anyway, only once per year.
  • bberger
    7836 posts League Winner
    edited June 5
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People spend money to save time and get a better team. Yeah yeah everyone ea is greedy blah blah but the gaming community is the one who demands this stuff be in the game.

    People have been spending on games way before the developers have ever entered the ring. They have also been doing it way before fut and will even if there was no fut.

    Yeah, I again agree with you here. The difference is a decade ago people spread the money across various games. Like buying multiple games a year. Nowadays people spend it on 1-2 games and ingame stuff.

    At least that's my observations and what's true for me. I usually spend once or twice a year on FP in place for another game I would've bought instead.

    For me, personally, it's okay this way, I just wished I actually got something for my money in FIFA. In my other game (racing sim) I actually get the content I want and I know the devs put effort in it (a laser scanned track down to the millimeter that had been a year in the making for 15 USD, same for a car).

    For 15 USD in FIFA I get a pack containing 15 discard golds and 2x82 rated fodder worth 5k..

    Monetized value of FIFA ingame content is abysmal. 15 USD is what a 90+ rated TOTS player pick should cost at this stage..

    PS: I fully admit that I'm part of the problem. Especially spending that extra 60 quid/year isn't what this game deserves.
    Post edited by bberger on
  • I find it mad that people spend thousands on a one year cycle game. Not judging as I can understand why but its sad that gaming has become this! Think of what else you could buy for 2k whether it's affordable or not. If you are an adult who can afford it that's on thing, but it's the way it encourages kids to nag parents to spend this sort of money with lots caving in.

    I'm sad to say I spent £30 on fifa points at release and that's it. Won't be doing it again as I don't want to encourage them to monetise it more than it already is.

    I hope they take a slap in the face with dropping revenues once covid restrictions are fully over (hopefully) next year.
  • Andyh60
    1844 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just 70 quid at the start and that's it ok if they say released primenr9 gullit cruyff sbc say early in the new year they would have had 100's more pounds from me.
  • leea12345
    730 posts Semi-Pro
    no way, they do not deserve extra especially promoting gambling to children, never going to support that more than i have by purchasing game , in fact they be lucky if i get fifa 22
  • Kouli06
    2037 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifa 18 was the last one I spent extra on.
    Not spent on FP since 19 and it’s better.
    Especially now that there are so many challenges and objectives to do to get packs along with SBCs.
    You don’t need to buy FP.
  • Hibee
    12538 posts Has That Special Something
    Nah not for years. It’s only when you stop spending you realise how much of a waste of money it was.

    It’s obvious who on the forum does though. You can’t do countless upgrade packs etc without spending money to fill your club with players. Who cares at the end of the day though. Your money, spend it on what you want.
  • TSpiers1UK
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No, there’s no need to.
  • Yourageallday
    612 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People spend 100 pound on golf balls imagine that
  • David12344
    14301 posts Has That Special Something
    People spend 100 pound on golf balls imagine that

    And the way I lose them I would be broke fast !!!!
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    My rule with fifa which I broke in fifa 15 (only time I did) is I won't spend more on fp than I spent on the game itself. Haven't bought any fp since 2017 as with sbc's it's easier to get a half decent team without spending any money.
Sign In or Register to comment.