Fight Club |UFC|Boxing|

Comments

• Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    A HW Title win would cement his legacy as GOAT and tbh it's hard to argue against him been the GOAT right now.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional
    A HW Title win would cement his legacy as GOAT and tbh it's hard to argue against him been the GOAT right now.

I dont think so personally, I think there are very valid arguments as to why DJ or GSP could be considered the 'GOAT'.

I agree though that a Jones HW title + defense would set him apart.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »

I dont think so personally, I think there are very valid arguments as to why DJ or GSP could be considered the 'GOAT'.

GSP and DJ are valid arguments. They've all fought killers and dominated their respective divisions.

I just personally think that JJ is so dynamic as a fighter he is difficult to touch.

On a side note: Will the HW division have ever seen anyone so skilled at both striking and wrestling?
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional

GSP and DJ are valid arguments. They've all fought killers and dominated their respective divisions.

I just personally think that JJ is so dynamic as a fighter he is difficult to touch.

On a side note: Will the HW division have ever seen anyone so skilled at both striking and wrestling?

Jones striking hasn't looked great for a while, he'll clearly stand out at HW , but that's because it's the worst mens division in the ufc (skillset wise)

• Ashy
    12032 posts Has That Special Something
    What if Khabib beats Gaethje then GSP? He's up there with JJ. Obviously if JJ goes heavyweight and beats Miocic and Ngannou then it's a different story
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional
    edited August 19
    GSP is nearly 40 and hasn't fought in 3 years, im not sure why Khabib beating this GSP would elevate him to the GOAT?
  • Stone_cold_tea93

Jones striking hasn't looked great for a while, he'll clearly stand out at HW , but that's because it's the worst mens division in the ufc (skillset wise)

It's something we hear often after a flat JJ performance but I guess we will see when he goes to HW how motivated he was for his last few fights. He destroyed Gus on his return and then went the full 5 for the next 3.
    Ashy wrote: »
    What if Khabib beats Gaethje then GSP? He's up there with JJ. Obviously if JJ goes heavyweight and beats Miocic and Ngannou then it's a different story

It would be hard to argue with either if they both accomplished that.
  • RollsReus
    1473 posts Professional
    He'd be a stonewall GOAT for me. To reign in the most competitive division in MMA history with that kind of resume would be levels ahead of Jones's tainted legacy. GSP is closer, but his level of opponents don't boast the quality of Khabib's. Not a knock, but let's be realistic. Khabib has faced a murderers' row.
  • Ashy
    That's it Jones has a tainted career, if only he was completely clean. What he's done out of the ring shouldn't be an issue for UFC GOAT but as far as in the ring he's failed tests and the DQ loss
  • Ashy
    edited August 19
    Who's left for Khabib let's be honest

Gaethje is next in October
    Then he will push for the GSP fight and that's the only fight GSP would return to do, UFC love money and that's is big money right there.

Would still like to see the Tony fight just to see if Tony could damage him and do some crazy moves but he has to work his way there, a win against Poirier. Nobody else left in the division after that he's cleaned them out. I doubt he would move up to face Usman either.

Gaethje October 2020
    Tony March 2021
    GSP September 2021 in front of fans in Abu Dhabi
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    To be fair to Jones if he was in drugs pre USADA then most if the people he fought probably were.
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    That's it Jones has a tainted career, if only he was completely clean. What he's done out of the ring shouldn't be an issue for UFC GOAT but as far as in the ring he's failed tests and the DQ loss

Exactly why I don't consider him a UFC GOAT when you compare him to others who haven't failed USADA tests.
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    Silva vs Hall finally happening
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional
    Povetkin just knocked Whyte out cold damn
  • BO0OM
    3732 posts National Call-Up
    Povetkin just knocked Whyte out cold damn

That was beautiful
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional

Who we got for the main and co main?
  • Ashy
    Reyes and Adesanya
  • RollsReus
    1473 posts Professional
    Feeling like Jan gets it done.

Would love for the King of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to win but can't see Adesanya losing. I think he picks him apart.
  • DaMMian
    1426 posts Professional
    I believe that BIG JOHN will win and he will become the first Polish champion of the men's UFC, it will be a very difficult fight, but I believe that he will win. Everybody Loves an Underdog until they make it. CMON JANEK
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1016 posts Professional
    Absolute clinic from Jan
  • DaMMian
    1426 posts Professional
    Oh Yes, Janek YOU are the BEST!!!!!!!!!
  • M98H
    13768 posts Has That Special Something
    Nasty power
  • ComptonLAX94
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 27
    That gyno on adesanya wtf. PED bust incoming
  • lewspaz
    1051 posts Professional
    That gyno on adesanya wtf. PED bust incoming

Yeah did you see him swerve it in the post conference? Something definately going in there it was flapping about for christ sake
  • DaMMian
    1426 posts Professional
    Bones where are you? Jan waiting for you!!!