Fight Club |UFC|Boxing|

Comments

• Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Yeah that was mad, fight should have been stopped earlier. Suffered a broken nose and broken orbital too
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1000 posts Professional
    Who's watching tonight?
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    I will be. Gonna have Joe Rogan Fight Companian on in the background
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1000 posts Professional
    edited May 16
    Yh that's always a decent shout, personally I just can't stand Schaub though
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    I only listen to him on Rogans podcast. I dont mind him to be fair.

Callen does my head in with some of his antics. Ge was screeching like an idiot on one of them and he always brings food which means we hear them eat. Cant stand that.
  • Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    ASHERLAUYY wrote: »

Schaub is the dumbest person I've ever seen get success in life. When you listen to him he just parrots other peoples opinions and kisses up to them he's insufferable
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    HOLY ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that has to be fight of the night
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    Wow...
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    A lot of these fights on these quarantine cards have been insane
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    Damn bad judging tonight
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1000 posts Professional
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Schaub is the dumbest person I've ever seen get success in life. When you listen to him he just parrots other peoples opinions and kisses up to them he's insufferable

You seen this?
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Curious to see who you guys think would win these interesting match ups

Usman v Adesayna at 185
    Mcgregor v Masvidal at 170
    Costa v Reyes at 205
    Covington v Nate at 170
    Jones v Ngannou at heavyweight
  • Hicksy2011
    16381 posts World Class
    Adesanya, don’t see a gassing issue and Usman will get lit up on the way in
    McGregor
    Reyes although Costa is a zombie so who knows
    Nate please, I hate Colby
    Jones is too good in all departments not to back
  • ComptonLAX94
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    JRE soon to be exclusive to Spotify :(
  • Shane
    edited May 20
    Ashy wrote: »
    Curious to see who you guys think would win these interesting match ups

Usman v Adesayna at 185
    Mcgregor v Masvidal at 170
    Costa v Reyes at 205
    Covington v Nate at 170
    Jones v Ngannou at heavyweight

Adesanya - He’s dealt with bigger guys with wrestling of a similar level. He’d pick him apart on the feet.
    Masvidal - Feel like it would be a tough fight, that could go either way but edging towards Masvidal via being more well rounded and having better cardio.
    Reyes - Feel like he’s slicker and bigger than Costa but it would be a good fight.
    Covington - Colby dominates Nate easy. Nate is awful against wrestlers, and Colby is an elite level MMA wrestler. It would be like Rory vs. Nate
    Ngannou - Jones will get hit at some point, and I just feel like he won’t be able to take Ngannou’s power. But jones does have a good chin and he is probably more technical, so who knows. Jones doesn’t seem to be what he once was though. I thought he lost his last 2 fights and just got incredibly lucky with the decisions going his way.
    Post edited by Shane on
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    Usman vs Adesanya

This would be in Usman's weight class and as we saw when he fought Colby, the dude is massive for that weight class. You have to take this into consideration if Adesanya would be going up un weight.

Usman does get hit and Israel would have success with the striking but I wonder if he would be good enough to handle the relentless clinch and strike style we saw Usman use against Woodley.

I'd say Usman by decision.

McGregor vs Masvidal

Masvidal cracks. I dont Conor has ever fought someone who hits as hard as he does. Masvidal via KO.

Costa vs Reyes

Are these 3 rounds or 5 rounds? Either way Reyes would work Costa after he gassed himself out in the second.

Colby vs Nate

Colby all day.

Jones vs Francis

Only time will tell
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    Izzy, Masvidal, Colby(unfortunately), Reyes, Francis
  • Shane
    edited May 24
    Having suffered my first injury lifting and becoming a bit too obsessed with lifting to the point where I’m not enjoying life as much, I’m thinking about going back to my MMA gym and lifting twice a week instead once the lockdown is properly lifted.

I want to train with the aim of having my first fight within a year. Even if it’s one fight and I decide to never fight again I think it’s something I’ve always wanted to experience haha. Don’t want to live with the regret later on.

Any of you guys train? I have done a lot of boxing/striking on and off over the years, so it won’t be hard to pick up. I imagine BJJ/wrestling will take a lot longer for me to get a hang of.

I really wish wrestling was a thing in England in schools like it is in America. It’s something I would have definitely done when I was younger
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1000 posts Professional
    @Shane been doing bjj for about 2 years. ( mainly no gi only). What striking do you do? Muay thai?
  • Shane
    edited May 26
    @Shane been doing bjj for about 2 years. ( mainly no gi only). What striking do you do? Muay thai?

Boxed for a few years when I was around 13-16, then did Muay Thai and just general mma striking on and off for a year or two. So I have the fundamentals down.

I did BJJ for a few months and definitely found it a lot more complex and harder to pick up than striking aha. But I guess like anything, you improve with practice/training/drilling over and over.

If I’m training for MMA I’m probably going to do no gi as well. I just want to pick up what translates into MMA.
  • ASHERLAUYY
    1000 posts Professional
    @Shane Yh BJJ just has an abundance of information that's quite hard to take process all at once, but like you said it's all about putting time on the mat and drilling.

Also Colby out of ATT

• ukler8
    4757 posts National Call-Up
    What a downgrade UFC 250 is from 249
  • krakos000
    17656 posts World Class
    Lol Jon Jones asking to be released :D
  • PoliteRager
    78 posts Park Captain
    Woodley was in auto pilot the whole fight man, didn't seem like he wanted to be in there. Think that's it for him, unless he wants the grudge match with Colby.
  • RollsReus
    1461 posts Professional
    Think it's fair to say the biggest attractions for the card at the weekend are No Love and Sugar Sean.

Big weekend for Cody's career. Interesting to see what he has learned under Mark Henry.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    I don't think Nunes will KO Spencer. I think Spencer is going to win by submissions
  • Shane
    edited June 7
    Woodley was in auto pilot the whole fight man, didn't seem like he wanted to be in there. Think that's it for him, unless he wants the grudge match with Colby.

Honestly makes me laugh when Woodley tries to put himself in the same conversation as GSP lmao.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    Eddie Wineland deadlifts 200kg 👀
  • Shane
    That was beautiful. Sean’s striking is top tier