Fight Club |UFC|Boxing|

Comments

• Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Cro cop put a really good match imo.
    1st 2 rounds went to Gonzaga, but those elbow kicks did the work. So glad Mirko won.

Yeah was really happy for him. He seems to freeze up on the stand up for some strange reason.
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    Any matches are worth watching on the card if any?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Good seeing a legend like Cro Cop come out with the W but he is 40 now. Think he should just look for fun fights like he said

Wouldn't mind seeing him fight any of Mir, Hunt, Arlovski, big nog or roy nelson.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    Was pretty disappointed how fast the main event fight was. Just shows how far Aldo and Mendes are ahead of the pack. Hope Mcgregor shakes things up as I really enjoy his fighting style and think that is the future . He has unique was of moving and his angles are very different.

Mcgregor has decent footwork and throws flashy innovative strikes but hes got a lot of unanswered questions to him. He hasn't really faced a world class striker or wrestler yet. The likes of edger and mendes would dominate him I reckon

Love both aldo and mcgregor though, and pumped for the fight but the level of competition Aldo has fought from his wec days to now is staggering. I think he has conor's number tbh.
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    the problem with a wrestler vs McGregor is that a failed takedown attempt could end up in a flash KO.

edit: Similar to Aldo - Mendes I.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    I'm mainly into mma but anyone planning on watching floyd/manny?
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    of course. 2 years too late, tho.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Shane wrote: »
    I'm mainly into mma but anyone planning on watching floyd/manny?

Yes but I think they might have been a bit late of course it will break all records etc but the hype would have been tenfold was it when both were on absolute wrecking havoc.
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    I think July 11th will be a better spectacle. MMA isn't quite on the level of boxing (and then some).
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    If anyone is interested Pacman's media work out will be in 5 hours.

• Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Yeah boxing is still a lot more popular than mma in the mainstream but mma is still in its infancy and as someone whos been following/training, the amount its grown in the past few years alone is staggering. It will take quite a while but I do think it will eventually become as big as boxing.

On a side note think floyd will be too technical for manny but either way i hope they're willing to exchange and take risks/commit so the fight lives up to the hype and is good to watch.

I can see them feeling each other out in the first few rounds and then manny starting to go for it.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Yeah boxing is still a lot more popular than mma in the mainstream but mma is still in its infancy and as someone whos been following/training, the amount its grown in the past few years alone is staggering. It will take quite a while but I do think it will eventually become as big as boxing.

On a side note think floyd will be too technical for manny but either way i hope they're willing to exchange and take risks/commit so the fight lives up to the hype and is good to watch.

I can see them feeling each other out in the first few rounds and then manny starting to go for it.

I'm expecting a **** draw or a fight so close that they need to do ''rematch'' which will make them millions again.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    fox-15-poster.0.jpg

Tonight! looks to be a great card.

• RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    wasn't planning to watch it but I will now. Jacare and Romero will hopefully be a good bout!

edit: I didn't think it was on the card, Romero has since pulled out. Will still probably watch.
    Post edited by RollsReus on
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2015
    RollsReus wrote: »
    wasn't planning to watch it but I will now. Jacare and Romero will hopefully be a good bout!

edit: I didn't think it was on the card, Romero has since pulled out. Will still probably watch.

Yes, Romero is out with an injury . Camozi has replaced him.

Also for MMA news best website is http://www.mmafighting.com/
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Machida vs Rockhold is a difficult one. Both are amazing fighters and have amazing kicking abilities . Rockhold is on a roll now but Machida is Machida, everyone says they will beat Machida until they step in the cage with him. I still have Machida winning regardless because of his experience and being an amazing counter striker. Either way whoever wins Weidman's got a tough one ahead of him.
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    Machida gave Weidman a scare in the later rounds in their fight. I have never seen Weidman so cautious of someones ability before that point.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Wow , I did not see that coming.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2015
    Rockhold has better striking, faster and has better submissions than weidmam. Weidman is slow but has good awareness of range and good wrestling but I don't think that will matter. Rockhold has good tdd and training with guys like cormier and velasquez surely helps lol.

Rockhold and jacare are two of the most dangerous in the middleweight division.

Max holloway was next to rockhold probably the best performance of the night. Been one of my favourite fighters for some time and he's evolved so much. Absolutely dominated cub everywhere and has shown he can easily hang with the best. Crazy to think hes 23 and is practically a veteran who's been fighting inside the ufc quite a while. He looks like a future champ.

It also makes mcgregor look more legit because he easily beat him while injured lmao... but holloway has evolved a fair bit since then, so has conor. And apparently
    Holloway injured his foot in the first round and also took the fight on short notice so hard to say

Amazing fights though. Loved it
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Rockhold has better striking, faster and has better submissions than weidmam. Weidman is slow but has good awareness of range and good wrestling but I don't think that will matter. Rockhold has good tdd and training with guys like cormier and velasquez surely helps lol.

Rockhold and jacare are two of the most dangerous in the middleweight division.

Max holloway was next to rockhold probably the best performance of the night. Been one of my favourite fighters for some time and he's evolved so much. Absolutely dominated cub everywhere and has shown he can easily hang with the best. Crazy to think hes 23 and is practically a veteran who's been fighting inside the ufc quite a while. He looks like a future champ.

It also makes mcgregor look more legit because he easily beat him while injured lmao... but holloway has evolved a fair bit since then, so has conor. And apparently
    Holloway injured his foot in the first round and also took the fight on short notice so hard to say

Amazing fights though. Loved it

Very true .

I was more astound at the weigh difference between Machida and Rockhold, honestly felt like Light Heavyweight vs a middle weight even though Machida competed at LHW he was the much smaller opponent it was weird. Once he got on top of him Machida felt so tiny it was strange.

Holloway is a monster on the feet and he actually dismantled cub before sinking in the choke .

It was a great card and for people that have missed it. Download it from the high sea's (piratebay)
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    I thought Paige was impressive too. She's more than just a pretty girl.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    RollsReus wrote: »
    I thought Paige was impressive too. She's more than just a pretty girl.

Dat **** of hers...oh man lol/
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    yeah, my SO wasn't too impressed haha.

edit: Dana has a tough pick between Luke and Jacare. He'll probably go with Rockhold, though.
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    2nd of May - Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao

Will be a good fight. Who is watching it?
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2015
    Azablucky wrote: »

The world plus me :)

Who you got @Azablucky ?
  • RollsReus
    1416 posts Professional
    GF's reaction.
    Lx7Jl07.jpg
    HTgbpLC.jpg
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    hahaha brave brave man.
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up

Who you got @Azablucky ?

Hmm, I reckon Pacquiao will win it in a knockout in the 11th round :)

Knockout punch will be a right jab lead into a left hook. What about you and your predictions @Blarix
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain

Who you got @Azablucky ?

Knockout punch will be a right jab lead into a left hook. What about you and your predictions @Blarix

After the comment Mayweather made that he is much better than Muhamed Ali , I really hope Pac man knocks him out. However, I personally think Mayweather's defense is the best of all time and he will out point Pacman.

If Pacman pushes the pace than maybe Mayweather might be in trouble.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something

Who you got @Azablucky ?

After the comment Mayweather made that he is much better than Muhamed Ali , I really hope Pac man knocks him out. However, I personally think Mayweather's defense is the best of all time and he will out point Pacman.

If Pacman pushes the pace than maybe Mayweather might be in trouble.

If JMM knocked out Manny then do not be surprised that Mayweather does.

Mayweather has been fighting naturally bigger fighters for a long time now, and this is one fight where he has a sizeable advantage in the tale of the tape.