Fight Club |UFC|Boxing|

Blarix
16445 posts World Class
edited March 2016
Welcome to Fight club:

fight-club-soap.jpg

Whatever your taste is for the art of fighting, from here on out the best fights, the best match ups will be posted here. Welcome to Fight Club, be prepared to get knocked the **** out!

1YdR2RB.png

www.ufc.com
[url="http://www.ufc.tv/[/url]

UFC Upcoming Events:

200px-UFC_186_event_poster.jpg

2122491-169_real_boxing_dev_diary_ot_ip_101912.jpg

Boxing Upcoming Events:

Mayweather-vs-Pacquiao-fight-poster-599x330.jpg

OCT. 3rd UFC 192 Cormier vs Gustafsson

Post edited by Zhen on

Comments

• RollsReus
    1346 posts Professional
    Big UFC fan here. Got a great number of cards coming up soon. Especially looking forward to international fight week in the summer. That card is bah-you-tee-ful.
  • Watched a press conference between McGregor and Aldo yesterday cause it was here in Dublin, thought it was awful scripted pish. I'm not into the UFC at all, have't really given it a proper go to be fair, what exactly is the drawing point? I've watched a few fights on Youtube the other day, didn't really peak my interest.
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    stickey wrote: »
    Watched a press conference between McGregor and Aldo yesterday cause it was here in Dublin, thought it was awful scripted pish. I'm not into the UFC at all, have't really given it a proper go to be fair, what exactly is the drawing point? I've watched a few fights on Youtube the other day, didn't really peak my interest.

It is pretty exciting combat sport and is as real as it gets. The press conference was not scripted at all Conor is bit of a mad man and as you can see when he snatches the belt Dana white was looking the other way.

I'll link you some great fights if you want .
  • Yeah if you could that would be great, would be nice to get into it considering there's such a huge hype around it here now with Conor doing so well.
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Don't know how to embed youtube videos

Jon jones vs Gustafson:

• Blarix
    16445 posts World Class

• Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Highlight knockouts

• Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Bad boy of the UFC

• Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Blarix wrote: »
    Bad boy of the UFC

Gotta love Nick Diaz B)
  • Cleveland
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    Highlight knockouts

some of those headkick knockouts oh lawd :o
  • RollsReus
    1346 posts Professional
    predictions for Aldo - McGregor?

I enjoy Aldo but going with Conor. His reach advantage and southpaw stance makes the leg kicks from Aldo a whole lot less effective. Other than leg kicks and speed, Jose doesn't hold much of an advantage over him on the feet. Going with a 3rd round stoppage.
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    RollsReus wrote: »

I enjoy Aldo but going with Conor. His reach advantage and southpaw stance makes the leg kicks from Aldo a whole lot less effective. Other than leg kicks and speed, Jose doesn't hold much of an advantage over him on the feet. Going with a 3rd round stoppage.

I think Conor will one day be champion but this is too soon for him. Aldo doesn't have to worry about take downs against Conor and he will fully unleash his standing up arsenal . WEC aldo was scary and I have feeling that Jose is going to show up. I just hope it's a great fight.
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    UFC FIGHT NIGHT 63 is live now. If you in the states you can watch it on Fox . There are also various streams online (firstrowsports) you can watch from .
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Cleveland wrote: »
    Highlight knockouts

Check this one out . Scared the living **** out of me.

• Kizzaah
    edited April 2015

I think Conor will one day be champion but this is too soon for him. Aldo doesn't have to worry about take downs against Conor and he will fully unleash his standing up arsenal . WEC aldo was scary and I have feeling that Jose is going to show up. I just hope it's a great fight.

Predictions for Mendes vs Lamas?
    I've got Mendes via UD
    I see Also totally controlling this fight, Especially on the floor. McGregor hasn't fought a half decent wrestler before so I'm curious to see what his take down defence is like. Plus Aldo's leg kicks are ruthless and Conor's got him fired up! Saying that, The Venue could play a huge factor in this fight! Bring on July 11th!
    Post edited by Kizzaah on
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Kizzaah wrote: »

I've got Mendes via UD.

I see Also totally controlling this fight, Especially on the floor. McGregor hasn't fought a half decent wrestler before so I'm curious to see what his take down defence is like. Plus Aldo's leg kicks are ruthless and Conor's got him fired up! Saying that, The Venue could play a huge factor in this fight! Bring on July 11th!

True, Conor feeds off the crowd a lot and his mind games are on next level. If you see him fight he doesn't do anything special but his calmness and confidence confuses most fighters. Reminds me of Anderson Silva, most fighters were so scared of him that they froze everytime they fought him. Conor has that same confidence as Anderson. I believe Aldo will prevail still though, those legs kicks give a lot of people nightmares. Everyone knows he is going to do it but he does it so fast that you can't react on it.

Mendes will win as I believe he is a complete fighter now.

• Cleveland
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cleveland wrote: »
    Highlight knockouts

Check this one out . Scared the living **** out of me.

:worried: RIP
  • EazyE
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=sXyEzOZRF9A

The greatest KO by Edson ;)
  • Kizzaah
    Kizzaah wrote: »

I've got Mendes via UD.

True, Conor feeds off the crowd a lot and his mind games are on next level. If you see him fight he doesn't do anything special but his calmness and confidence confuses most fighters. Reminds me of Anderson Silva, most fighters were so scared of him that they froze everytime they fought him. Conor has that same confidence as Anderson. I believe Aldo will prevail still though, those legs kicks give a lot of people nightmares. Everyone knows he is going to do it but he does it so fast that you can't react on it.

Mendes will win as I believe he is a complete fighter now.
    Totally agree. Did you see Faber's legs after the Aldo fight? :o

Mendes should now get the rematch with Aldo presuming he beats McGregor.

• Anyone watch the Joshua fight?
  • Richie
    2508 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not a bad UFC card earlier, so glad Mendes beat Lamas! Can't stand Lamas :lol:
    Thought Al just edged it. Pena is a beast aswell!
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Anyone watch the Joshua fight?

No, haven't seen it but heard he was brutal . Will watch it on the high seas hur hurr
    Richie wrote: »
    Not a bad UFC card earlier, so glad Mendes beat Lamas! Can't stand Lamas :lol:
    Thought Al just edged it. Pena is a beast aswell!

Most fights were pretty awesome bar Guida fight . I thought Masvidal was actually robbed, he had him with the constant lead hook/jab and Al felt flustered, yes, he gave it all but I think the judges went with the urgency instead of scoring it technically. Masvidal had Al hurt several times in the first round and coasted the second which was a bad mistake third went to Al but first round was easily 10-8 to Masvidal.
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Was pretty disappointed how fast the main event fight was. Just shows how far Aldo and Mendes are ahead of the pack. Hope Mcgregor shakes things up as I really enjoy his fighting style and think that is the future . He has unique was of moving and his angles are very different.
  • RollsReus
    1346 posts Professional
    Anyone watching FN tonight?

Still not digging CroCop being back. :(
  • Blarix
    16445 posts World Class
    Anyone watching FN tonight?

Still not digging CroCop being back. :(

Yeah I am. He was doing well outside of the ufc but he freezes up once he is inside the octagon.

Will either end up with a brutal KO or a boring grind fest by Gonzaga
  • Cro cop put a really good match imo.
    1st 2 rounds went to Gonzaga, but those elbow kicks did the work. So glad Mirko won.