Improved pack luck after not playing?

Oweyman
1240 posts Professional
edited May 2021
This isn't intended as a flex thread at all.

Does anyone else buy into the idea that pack luck is massively improved for people who haven't played the game for a while?

I hadn't played the game for a couple of months up to TOTS, just logged on each day on the web app. During La Liga TOTS I did about 40 of the player picks and got the following pack. I then played the WL as I wanted to play with him.

Messi.png

Messi.png


Since that WL I haven't played again and last night did the second Serie A guaranteed pack and got the following pack.

CR7.png

Messi.png

CR7.png

Does anyone else think that EA manipulate the pack luck somehow to entice people back into playing the game? In previous years, where I have played the game much more, I haven't had this kind of pack luck at all.

Again, it isn't meant as a flex/ showoff thread, I'm just genuinely intrigued.
Post edited by Oweyman on

Comments

  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Cant see pics
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »
    Cant see pics

    For some reason the pictures aren't uploading. I'll try again
  • CarpeDiem
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    It's certainly possible they do that to try and get you hooked again, same with new accounts seemingly having alot of luck to try and get you to keep playing.

    However we have nothing to really prove this and for every 1/2 people that post on the forums their insane pulls after a break there could be 100 more returning that packed nothing so wouldn't come to the forum and post it.
  • Arsenalman
    3829 posts National Call-Up
    Some people will say no based on their own experiences but I’ve experienced patterns personally and hear too much of the same stories. There really shouldn’t be patterns
  • BeardedBerk
    1797 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2021
    Was a fut founder, stopped playing fifa 19 in November of that years release, didn't touch 20 so lost fut founder status.
    Played 21 as came to gamepass and packed moments Kaka 10 days in
    Post edited by BeardedBerk on
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Messi.png

    Oweyman wrote: »
    This isn't intended as a flex thread at all.

    Does anyone else buy into the idea that pack luck is massively improved for people who haven't played the game for a while?

    I hadn't played the game for a couple of months up to TOTS, just logged on each day on the web app. During La Liga TOTS I did about 40 of the player picks and got the following pack. I then played the WL as I wanted to play with him.

    Messi.png

    Messi.png


    Since that WL I haven't played again and last night did the second Serie A guaranteed pack and got the following pack.

    CR7.png

    Messi.png

    Does anyone else think that EA manipulate the pack luck somehow to entice people back into playing the game? In previous years, where I have played the game much more, I haven't had this kind of pack luck at all.

    Again, it isn't meant as a flex/ showoff thread, I'm just genuinely intrigued.

  • YidArmy
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2021
    100% it's a thing.

    The same people normally trot out on these posts with their usual 'its all just luck.' Sometimes I wonder if these people have any experience in computer software, sales tactics in business or any knowledge of how a business runs and how imperative it is for a customer to keep using a product they've been sold, especially if said product allows them to keep spending more money.

    There is no way a company as smart and manipulative as EA are not profiling and segmenting accounts based on play time.

    The success of their business relies upon people continually playing their game. You honeslty think they'll leave the success of a mode that generates the billions of pounds it does solely in the hands of some lucky dip computer system?

    If there's anyone out there that genuinely believes the free packs that EA give you are 100% random 100% of the time with no interference from EA in terms of placing your account into a category and increasing or decreasing your pack luck at certain times then jeez, you are seriously naive.

    I have no problem with it by the way. Its smart business and makes perfect sense for them to do it.
  • iGainZ
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    Quit fifa a few months ago. Came back for la liga tots.
    Bought a 100k packs with coins and packed De Jong.
    Next day got De Jong again Untradeable.
    +1.6m


    Definitely not random
  • Jdizzle
    3040 posts National Call-Up
    Had 2 accounts because I didn't like my psn name on my original account. Stopped playing on the account for about 3 years. I decided to swap back over and guess what? Packed messi and If ronaldo the year I swapped back.
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    100% it's a thing.

    The same people normally trot out on these posts with their usual 'its all just luck.' Sometimes I wonder if these people have any experience in computer software, sales tactics in business or any knowledge of how a business runs and how imperative it is for a customer to keep using a product they've been sold, especially if said product allows them to keep spending more money.

    There is no way a company as smart and manipulative as EA are not profiling and segmenting accounts based on play time.

    The success of their business relies upon people continually playing their game. You honeslty think they'll leave the success of a mode that generates the billions of pounds it does solely in the hands of some lucky dip computer system?

    If there's anyone out there that genuinely believes the free packs that EA give you are 100% random 100% of the time with no interference from EA in terms of placing your account into a category and increasing or decreasing your pack luck at certain times then jeez, you are seriously naive.

    I have no problem with it by the way. Its smart business and makes perfect sense for them to do it.

    I agree it's certainly smart from a business perspective if it is something they are doing. I'm also sure it ends up profiting EA as the people who get the good pack luck for a period end up trying to either build more packs through SBCs or end up spending money for more packs.
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    iGainZ wrote: »
    Quit fifa a few months ago. Came back for la liga tots.
    Bought a 100k packs with coins and packed De Jong.
    Next day got De Jong again Untradeable.
    +1.6m


    Definitely not random

    It's interesting how often people seem to have experiences like this. Obviously nobody ever tells people how they didn't play the game for ages, came back and packed nothing, but there do seem to be quite a lot of examples of people who end up going through a period of luck like we have.
  • Fifapayne
    6392 posts Big Money Move
    Oweyman wrote: »
    iGainZ wrote: »
    Quit fifa a few months ago. Came back for la liga tots.
    Bought a 100k packs with coins and packed De Jong.
    Next day got De Jong again Untradeable.
    +1.6m


    Definitely not random

    It's interesting how often people seem to have experiences like this. Obviously nobody ever tells people how they didn't play the game for ages, came back and packed nothing, but there do seem to be quite a lot of examples of people who end up going through a period of luck like we have.

    People post good pack luck
    No ones gonna come back and say I didn’t pack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ after missing 4 months.
  • CFCHenri
    4663 posts National Call-Up
    Packed Mbappe TOTS are not playing for 2 weeks in FIFA 19.

    Packed Messi TOTS in FIFA 18 after quitting cause Serie A goalkeepers didn’t have the saves with feet trait to stop low driven meta.

    These were regular packs, not guaranteed pulls.

Sign In or Register to comment.