WL finish and division

Comments

• MIG40970
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Div4, G3, no games left. Reached G2 once this year.
  • MassofCox
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Div 3 end up on G3 sometimes G2
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    D1 1970sp,, G2 with couple spares, occasional G1, but also occasional G3 depending on how drunk i get at weekend or if im coming on/ off shift and have to play between nights etc.
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    slavin77 wrote: »
    nj10 wrote: »
    slavin77 wrote: »
    D1 ... this time for the 1th time Gold 2... usually gold 3 or Silver 1

That due to you not finishing all of your games?

No i finish it... Simply I don't Know how to play wl... Don't Know why

Same here, to me WL just feels stupid...is like you’re only allowed certain number of wins and the rest is out of your hands which leaves people extremely frustrated.
  • mapeh
    1421 posts Professional
    Peaked at 2200 SR and finish G1/G2 with some games spare or G3 if I can't be bothered at all

20-9 being the best
  • chiholam
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    nj10 wrote: »
    chiholam wrote: »
    On PC - D3 currently from chasing Icon Swaps, but usually D2 if I can be bothered to play Rivals. Usually G2. Been close to G1, but not yet reached it

Isn’t the icon swaps just to score in 20 games?

Yep. I usually am close to D1 (but not got into D1 yet) and around that level on PC, half the time, it's skill move spammers. I don't enjoy playing against that kind of player, so when I had that, I scored and just put down my controller. Don't have time for that for a mode I don't normally play. I mainly play WL and the other modes to get the cards.

In WL, I get my fill of the skill move spammers, but can't avoid that in WL.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2021
    Spent most of the year in div 5 sometimes 6, didn't play every WL but usually managed to scrape S1, got G3 just a couple of times.

Now I've made G3 for 4 weeks in a row (and the week before that got to 13-13 but lost all my last 4) and also just been promoted to div 4 for the first time (don't like it, way too sweaty!). But that's probably due to the fact that I've built a pretty good team which is making the difference rather than me dramatically improving as a player.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    edited May 2021
    Div 1 22xx. Usually Elite 3.

Last week barely made G2 cos of lag. It was dreadful.
  • MarketBanned
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    Div 1 - 2100. Finished last WL 15-15 after going 10-1 to start with. Not sure if I skyrocketed my ELO but the lag was horrendous on my 2nd batch of games.
  • Arsenalman
    4122 posts National Call-Up
    Skill rating 2260, gold 1 with only two elite finishes this year. Think I need to learn some skill moves for the constant elite finishes as I don’t do any, not even the ball roll😃 think I’m too old to learn them tho as I can’t even pull off a ball roll one on one with the keeper
  • YidArmy
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    Skill rating 2260, gold 1 with only two elite finishes this year. Think I need to learn some skill moves for the constant elite finishes as I don’t do any, not even the ball roll😃 think I’m too old to learn them tho as I can’t even pull off a ball roll one on one with the keeper

That's quite some achievement to have that skill rating and G1 finishes with no skill moves. Not many of you out there!
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    edited May 2021

You don't need skill moves to finish elite. I don't do skills. I refuse to. Pass and move with the odd fake shot stop. I refuse to be a rat.
  • IncredibleK
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Div 2/3 and normally G2, stop at G3 more these days as rewards don't seem much different. Had a few G1 but never been able to get Elite
  • Arsenalman
    4122 posts National Call-Up

You don't need skill moves to finish elite. I don't do skills. I refuse to. Pass and move with the odd fake shot stop. I refuse to be a rat.
    How do you break down crowded penalty box? If it’s not skills maybe it’s something else 🙈maybe I can’t improve and just have to settle with the occasional elite here and there.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional

How do you break down crowded penalty box? If it’s not skills maybe it’s something else 🙈maybe I can’t improve and just have to settle with the occasional elite here and there.

Patience. I try not to force it. I just pass back and forth until I see an opening. I usually overload the opponents box with my fullbacks too. 442 or 4312.
  • SalsaTequila
    52 posts Park Captain
    2150-2250 div 1 and gold 1 player. Haven't been able to get elite. I am to inconsistent for that. One moment i win a game against somebody with 2300 rating and the next moment i lose against someone with 1950 rating.
  • Zeke1216
    3180 posts National Call-Up
    So no top 200 players on here ?
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Div 5

Silver 1 to Gold 3 is my max for 30 games