Gerard

Jt77
198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Is it worth doing him?
I had his 89 card and liked it, currently have llorente KDB both tots and Bellingham in the midfield 3.
Have a couple others on the bench.

Cheers

Comments

• Blackpoolmonster
    4672 posts National Call-Up
    I think if youre happy playing with players you want to try and enjoy the game with then yeah go for it. If you want to have a competitive icon, then no. Hell do some special things, and score some screamers but he won't be great at this time of year.
  • Jt77
    Thanks, used the 89 til tots was hoping this would be a decent try, he is quite cheap like, so if I get a bit more fodder might do him for the craic.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    I used the loan and he feels like he wouldnt be great this FIFA for me. The players you have are more meta.

It's a shame as PIM Gerrard was useable in other FIFA's.
  • Jt77
    Thanks Damo, yeah it’s a bit disappointing like as would be good to use likes of him, and shearer!
  • Diddymow
    2771 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you're a Liverpool fan then yes. If not then it's a big no.
  • Jt77
    No mate, Newcastle!
    Was purely as liked the 89 and he is cheap haha
  • RangerCraig
    3099 posts National Call-Up
    I used him this weekend on right wing in 3421 was good, moved him in field as attacking cm even better, got 14 wins 3 to spare but im def not a meta player, if you are he won't suit you...
  • Jt77
    No I’m not a meta, I play for the craic, and only in div4/5, have avoided the WL bs for the last couple months too, play about 20 games across the weekend at the very most and maybe 2/3 most days.
    As an older gamer I quite the icon players I grew up watching though, but would like them to be usable.
    As I said he is quite cheap so maybe do him and have a go.
    Thanks folks.
  • RangerCraig
    edited May 23
    Jt77 wrote: »
    No I’m not a meta, I play for the craic, and only in div4/5, have avoided the WL bs for the last couple months too, play about 20 games across the weekend at the very most and maybe 2/3 most days.
    As an older gamer I quite the icon players I grew up watching though, but would like them to be usable.
    As I said he is quite cheap so maybe do him and have a go.
    Thanks folks.

I'm 39 mate wasn't a gerrard fan as leeds my English team, but he grew on me tgis year lol.

I enjoyed using him this week, no bad points of note for me

I'm div 4 / 5 too, don't play much rivals tho, just 8 to 10 games before fut champs,

And obj stuff during week
  • Jt77
    Nice one, cheers.
  • RangerCraig
    edited May 23
    Jt77 wrote: »
    Nice one, cheers.

Pleasure good luck and hope he does you good lol. (I've done pirlo and putol too, enjoyed watching them over the years)

For me he (gerrard) is great link to tavernier goldson and bamfird so no brained for me..
  • joshyw
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    enjoyed using him this WL, as others have said for this stage of the game there’s better options but loved him as a player and scoring a screamer with him rather than say De Bruyne gives me more pleasure.

And tbf he has chipped in with goals and assists this WL so it’s not like he’s unusable
  • Jt77
    Thanks.
    I have used puyol since he was released, seems to be in the right place a lot of the time, can’t get on with pirlo though unfortunately as did him too, used him in other FIFA’s and liked him.
  • I SiR MartY I
    9341 posts League Winner
    Diddymow wrote: »
    If you're a Liverpool fan then yes. If not then it's a big no.

• MarketBanned
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He's not great unfortunately, I tried him before all these TOTS cards and he struggles to keep up with anyone in midfield, will be even worse with all the 95+ pace mids with shadow.
  • Shire_7
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've got a little liverpool thing going on with Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard I'm just missing a Fernando Torres!

If you stick to Gerrards strengths using through balls and long rangers you're golden. Just don't try and dribble too much with him.
  • RangerCraig
    edited May 23
    Shire_7 wrote: »
    I've got a little liverpool thing going on with Coutinho, Suarez and Gerrard I'm just missing a Fernando Torres!

If you stick to Gerrards strengths using through balls and long Rangers you're golden. Just don't try and dribble too much with him.

Pun intended...

Once he gets going tho there's no stopping him...that ball knock into space thing...
  • Jt77
    Decided to close off the premier sbc to see if the ultimate pack paid out for extra fodder.
    1x83 the rest pure trash !
    Hahaha