3 CM/CDM Formations

YNWA1994NV
1194 posts Professional
Any good suggestions on a formation to run that has 3 CM/CDMs? I have untradeable Kimmich, De Jong and PIM Matthaus (pack luck has been wild), and want to be able to use all three in a team. Have usually run a 4222 or 4231, but have struggled all day running 4312.

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    13957 posts Has That Special Something
  • YNWA1994NV
    1194 posts Professional
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

Any good tactics?
  • RayS
    37265 posts World Cup Winner
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/591545/4312-and-my-fastest-wl-to-date

If you want gungho all action footy, this is the formation to use. Use Kimmich as the CCM; make sure you have fullbacks who are good in the attack.

It can be a bit risky to overlap the fullbacks so aggressively the whole game; sometimes I'll adjust tactics at half time to keep fullbacks back a little bit more.
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    1205 posts Professional
    Are any of the 433's viable anymore? The 433(4) was my fav with ccm as the main point of linking and attack. This was earlier fut tho
  • YNWA1994NV
    1194 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/591545/4312-and-my-fastest-wl-to-date

If you want gungho all action footy, this is the formation to use. Use Kimmich as the CCM; make sure you have fullbacks who are good in the attack.

It can be a bit risky to overlap the fullbacks so aggressively the whole game; sometimes I'll adjust tactics at half time to keep fullbacks back a little bit more.

May give this a run, I was running a less aggressive version today and that’s maybe why I wasn’t feeling as good in it. Seems like those three CM’s should be able to press to death.
  • YNWA1994NV
    1194 posts Professional
    Are any of the 433's viable anymore? The 433(4) was my fav with ccm as the main point of linking and attack. This was earlier fut tho

Haven’t found any of them usable all year. Always feel like the wings are a million miles from the play.
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    1205 posts Professional
    YNWA1994NV wrote: »

Haven’t found any of them usable all year. Always feel like the wings are a million miles from the play.

I like to play to the LW and RW and take on the full back when skill moves worked properly robben and Ribery 😍 best at it
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move

extremely hard to create with them this year. Striker is isolated from midfield, wingers are lost.
    Had some success with 433 flat last year, but can't get along with any of 433s in 21
  • Th3DirtyPriest
    1205 posts Professional
    greif44 wrote: »

extremely hard to create with them this year. Striker is isolated from midfield, wingers are lost.
    Had some success with 433 flat last year, but can't get along with any of 433s in 21

This was how I felt at the start of fifa 21 so used the trusted 442.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    using 4312 currently
  • Since1875
    968 posts Semi-Pro
    4141 or 4321
  • Blairwallace99
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try the 4312 again ive been using it all year. Imo the key tactics:
    Cam: stay forward (or else they drop to rm when defending and you become a weird 442)
    Outside cms: get into the box, cover wing
    Ccm: stay back, stay central, stay on edge, aggressive interceptions
    Rb/lb: overlap, (get forward when losing)

Up to you on striker tactics, I think depends on who you have and on your style of play
  • Kevin19896
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    i like the 433(5) as well
  • METH
    2159 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm enjoying 451(2) with all 3 CMs and LM/RM on free roam, FBs join attack and SC false nine using 10 width.
  • YNWA1994NV
    1194 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »

4-1 so far this morning with these tactics! Also, swapped out De Jong for Mueller to give us a little more offensive bite.