FUT Birthday ruined Silver Stars

Diem
750 posts Semi-Pro
Since they released the block of Brazilians almost everyone (including me) is running the same 6 players, the only variety is who fills in around them.

Add to the fact that they've released one centre back and 3 or full backs and no goalkeeper.

One of the best features early on was the decision you had to make between stuffing the all in on low chemistry, or selecting a few and building links between them with normal silvers.

As I say, I'm as guilty as anyone but it's a shame and I hope they learn for next season.

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    One of the best modes on the game turned into a complete sweat fest?? Who would have thought? If it wasn't these Brazilians it would have been some other cards.
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1316 posts Professional
    Still sick players and content wise very nice but agree about the sweat fest.

My fav card has to be TOTW Adams hes insane for a silver!
  • Diem
    750 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    One of the best modes on the game turned into a complete sweat fest?? Who would have thought? If it wasn't these Brazilians it would have been some other cards.

Oh hell yes. Completely predictable for all the people who seemed to think silver tournaments were so good a few years ago.

I just think the sweat would have been limited, or more varied, if they'd not dropped those 4 players with the existing Romarinho and then added Joao Pedro on top.

Before that you had a choice of Adams, Weah or Adeyemi as your striker (or two of them), which cramped your ability.

McGeady and Jakhanbash are a pain to link so they keep the variety, and similarly comprises had to be made for the various German / Bundesliga wingers.
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    Prior to the Brazilians....I was sweating it out with Kent and company in the team. I just wish they had just given that a little more variety other than just dumping a block of meta silver Brazilians into the game because they will be in every team.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Agree, although with the amount of content being released lately I don't even have time to complete all TOTS player objectives, let alone playing games for a 74-rated card..
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    maybe it was a test for 22

i hope they can cater more silver IFs in Weekly TOTWs so that will create more variety. I didn't mind paying 30k for Malone and Dressel to complete my German based Silver team which was heading that direction early on with Silver IFs Mukthar, Adeyemi, Wamangituka

so hopefully it can create a Silver market for players to complete next Fifa as the IF players are too overpowered vs normal Silvers
  • Bob_Bobson
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    While I don't disagree with the main point, I'm also disappointed that the silver cards during tots are from the smaller league. Maxim is a great card but I don't have any Turkish silvers or Romanians to link him with. Given we're basically one Ligue 1 silver away from building a spine, it'll be disappointing to not see anything.

Also, that Joao Pedro card is awful. Doesn't get near my team.
  • Air Diddy
    2189 posts Fans' Favourite
    Outside of the silver stars objective does anyone use these cards? Most people have full icon / tots teams these days
  • Bob_Bobson
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Air Diddy wrote: »
    Outside of the silver stars objective does anyone use these cards? Most people have full icon / tots teams these days

I used them in icon swaps and had no issues (Sambia and Dalbert in particular absolutely bossed games).

There does need to be more dedicated modes to use them though. A silver cup type thing would be lovely, even if the prize was something stupid low like 2k.
  • JWNYsg
    Air Diddy wrote: »

at the earlier stage of game could use Adeyemi or Wamangituka as subs in WL

rarely feature these days with cards available

but for Silver Lounge, also could be disadvantage for newer players that do not have special silver cards to compete. IE the more Silver IFs you have, the better your chances of winning
  • ElHuron94
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They shouldn’t have juiced the ifs up so much in the first place. Everyone I played played every totw with a team chem of 60-70.
  • Diem
    750 posts Semi-Pro
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

I'm a stickler for chemistry, that's the only reason. But otherwise I agree, he's surprisingly dreadful
  • JWNYsg
    consider myself a Silver IF junkie, been doing it religiously for some time weekly
  • RadioShaq
    18961 posts Moderator
    Since you can’t buy many off the market they needed to add a midway pick up for people who are behind. Think it’s made the mode less sweaty though as it’s helped bring in casuals.

For people asking what other mode they can be used in put them in mm teams. They are better than low rated golds and help bring down the team and count as silvers. Then you can actually use subs in the second half of the game.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Since you can’t buy many off the market they needed to add a midway pick up for people who are behind. Think it’s made the mode less sweaty though as it’s helped bring in casuals.

For people asking what other mode they can be used in put them in mm teams. They are better than low rated golds and help bring down the team and count as silvers. Then you can actually use subs in the second half of the game.

Shaq mate no matter how much you want to deny it the casuals have long since abandoned this game!!!
  • Mogga
    2907 posts National Call-Up
    bit of a shame there isnt any normal totw type players in this anymore. I`ve been doing it for 2 months and i`ve only got 3, clauss, lirola and dallas
  • Mogga
    2907 posts National Call-Up
    edit 4 actually, singh
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1316 posts Professional
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »
    While I don't disagree with the main point, I'm also disappointed that the silver cards during tots are from the smaller league. Maxim is a great card but I don't have any Turkish silvers or Romanians to link him with. Given we're basically one Ligue 1 silver away from building a spine, it'll be disappointing to not see anything.

Actually that Joao Pedro card i though is better than that Andre ST card just my 2 cents