What happened with prem TOTS

MassofCox
439 posts Sunday League Hero
Why for both bundes and la liga has there been so many sbcs including ridiculous flashback players and TOTs moments yet for the Prem there was barely anything?

Comments

• Zeke1216
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prem happened already ? Couldn’t tell
  • Fifapayne
    3976 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 17
    Curious.
    Maybe something behind the scenes
    Even released the team a full day early

No scavenger hunts etc
    (Could still be done with COVID)
  • YidArmy
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeh its very strange. I've got Rooney and FUT Birthday Sterling in my squad so was looking for a few English players to link them with like Foden or Grealish who have both had great seasons.

Got to be something behind it, no way would they just think that's all we'll do and yet drop all this other content for these others leagues.
  • Neil_14
    2050 posts Fans' Favourite
    I expect they will make up for the lack of EPL content during Ultimate TOTS, this is the only way to make it right... then again it's EA so they'll probably ignore it altogether.
  • Hades
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Probably noticed bad pack sales and decided to pump up fodder prices to make packs more bang for your buck :D
  • Gstitt10
    1405 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Curious.
    Maybe something behind the scenes
    Even released the team a full day early

No scavenger hunts etc
    (Could still be done with COVID)

It was released early because everything related to football all went off social media from Friday to Sunday I think it was.

I found it strange myself, if EA want to make the most money it would be during prem tots. It is the most popular league. I guess they make very little money on sbc so why release more n more
  • Bayaeraking408
    1012 posts Professional
    kraid wrote: »
    Could simply be that to get people to spend as much as possible on tots they need each release to be better then the previous one. If the prem was as stacked as la liga everyone would have filled their teams with sbc players and ignored the other releases. This way we buy prem players, sell them all for a huge loss for la liga players and sbc’s, sell those guys or bench them for the Bundesliga players, do the same with serie a then ligue 1 etc.

💯 this bro u hit the nail in the head
  • MassofCox
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    Could simply be that to get people to spend as much as possible on tots they need each release to be better then the previous one. If the prem was as stacked as la liga everyone would have filled their teams with sbc players and ignored the other releases. This way we buy prem players, sell them all for a huge loss for la liga players and sbc’s, sell those guys or bench them for the Bundesliga players, do the same with serie a then ligue 1 etc.

You’re probably right with this. Can be the only explanation for the amount of full backs they keep releasing as sbcs with each new one being slightly better than the last.
  • kraid
    7378 posts Big Money Move
    MassofCox wrote: »

You’re probably right with this. Can be the only explanation for the amount of full backs they keep releasing as sbcs with each new one being slightly better than the last.

They release sbc’s which are competition for previous sbc’s to force redundancies. They release cheap op players which are incredibly hard to link to force you into replacing multiple players in your team to fit them in. Easy to link players are massively overpriced to drain the market.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1012 posts Professional

They release sbc’s which are competition for previous sbc’s to force redundancies. They release cheap op players which are incredibly hard to link to force you into replacing multiple players in your team to fit them in. Easy to link players are massively overpriced to drain the market.

Are u an ex ea employee lol all this makes sense
  • rezyy
    734 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah I have been premier league since day 1, luckily most were untradeable or icons, now switched to bundes, with the cheap sbc’s and objective cards was easy to get an instant top team and 7 million coins to spare.
  • Laker62
    1679 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s because that’s when people open the most packs. Duplicate cards = submit them into SBCs. If you complete player SBCs, especially during TOTS, you have an end game card for that position. EA do not want this because you have less incentive to open more packs and strive for your “ultimate team”.

They did the same thing during TOTY. Everyone and their mother was doing upgrade packs. Other than POTM Bruno, the only option for duplicate fodder was the base/mid icon SBC which had horrendous pack weights. If EA had Vieira, Gullit, flashback Kante, etc. available, then everyone would have achieved a big portion of their “ultimate team” in December.

This is why they do it.
  • Chavez76
    8922 posts League Winner
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    I expect they will make up for the lack of EPL content during Ultimate TOTS, this is the only way to make it right... then again it's EA so they'll probably ignore it altogether.

year in year out, prem has has been having the best options on everything Maybe this time, they will not for a change ?
    but agreed, the comparison between prem and Bundes / LaLiga in this TOTS is shocking.
  • ThePayback_00
    87 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 18
    As soon as they released Liga TOTS- I jumped ship from Prem to Liga. Shaw was insanely priced and Mendy was way, way cheaper and probably better. I flogged KDB, Mane etc and reinvested in a much stronger Liga team. I’ve seen people on here dump all over TOTS Moreno, but he’s way better value than most high end PL strikers. I play on the Switch and the market is much more inflated, but I could get TOTS Kounde and base Varane for the price of IF Gomez- absolute no brainier
  • I SiR MartY I
    7736 posts League Winner
    My tinfoil hat theory is that since other leagues outside of the Prem are not that popular META wise, EA are focusing on them to bring them up to par with the Prem so the next promo they throw out over the summer people will be more inclinded to spend if it has players from leagues outside of the Prem since those leagues will be strong too.

Imagine before TOTS a promo of just Bundes/La Liga players, it wouldn't be popular at all because the overall strength of those leagues outside of 2-3 players is very weak but now, with flashback after flashback after objective after moments, the league is stronger and a 95 rated summer card from a league outside of the Prem will have better options to link and be more sought after.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    I cant really complain about prem tots as I got de bruyne out of it, it was bad for sbc content though, I was a bit deflated when it hit 6pm that friday and there was nothing but that overpriced bale sbc.
  • kraid
    7378 posts Big Money Move

Are u an ex ea employee lol all this makes sense

🤫
  • DasPonyboy
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    My tinfoil hat theory is that since other leagues outside of the Prem are not that popular META wise, EA are focusing on them to bring them up to par with the Prem so the next promo they throw out over the summer people will be more inclinded to spend if it has players from leagues outside of the Prem since those leagues will be strong too.
    Mbappe, Neymar, Varane and Mendy don’t play in the Prem haha