Goldengoal rule

1
FutsalBros0710
421 posts Sunday League Hero
Why do people expect respecting golden goal rule when they celebrate goal and press pause for opponent to quit the match?

That is not how it works. Skip cutscenes and I will pause the game myself and quit. Be toxic, celebrate and pause on me and I will do my best to beat you as much as possible.

Comments

  • Mikkyk
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Correct
  • Kennyy
    6908 posts Big Money Move
    What if I skip celebrations but pause for you?
  • MrMTFC
    1998 posts Fans' Favourite
    If the other guy celebrates then I don't quit, make them play all game and go sweaty 4222 drop back spam long balls and take the pi ss. If they pause when they score 1st then I just re enter game, if they don't do either then I'll give it them.

    If they want me to quit then it's simple, I'll play along and give it you if you don't take the pi ss and watch all the celebration
  • Ncliverbirds
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’m newbie to these Objectives but it takes more than just wins to get them so people like me couldn’t afford to simply quit after first goal or I’d never complete the other objectives so not sure why opponent thinks golden goal works here. Maybe I’m missing something though but can only assume that’s why EA adds these as part of the objectives.
  • 4dvz
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 3
    When i see somebody pausing the game immediately after they score in friendlies, I wait the whole 30s then pause the game again expecting him to leave
  • FutsalBros0710
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kennyy wrote: »
    What if I skip celebrations but pause for you?

    I will hardly notice that tbh...
  • Nickthegreek20
    986 posts Professional
    Kennyy wrote: »
    What if I skip celebrations but pause for you?

    Nah, it’s a respect thing. Anyone that pauses for me is playing the whole game. Lost 6-1 earlier but it’s still one less game I have to score with a 4* WF player 😂
  • eltonholm
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dont pause my game. If someone scores first and pause for me i just put a rubberband, end.
  • IraqBruin
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do what is the best for your time and fun as long as you are not mistreating your opponents, do not pay attention to what they do.

    Yes, I know it is easier said than done, I was playing the other day and he managed to get through to a 1 and 1 with my GK and immediately pressed the pause button as that happened but his shot hit the post and went out for a goal kick so I quit per his request. :joy:
  • ROYALNUTT
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Opponents that watch that dancing celebration are playing the whole game I’m afraid! Depending on the team and style of play I will make them play the whole game aswell.
  • Cyodine
    3036 posts National Call-Up
    Why would I quit and lose out on precious coins at the end of the match?
  • All4fun1991
    1131 posts Professional
    edited May 3
    Yeah I hate when they do that...must admit sometimes I feel a little bit salty especially in the manner they play and score...As soon as kick off they put on full pressure, foul your player and score...when that happens I’m left wondering if he deserves a RQ.😁
  • Manutelli
    22666 posts Club Captain
    Why do people expect respecting golden goal rule when they celebrate goal and press pause for opponent to quit the match?

    That is not how it works. Skip cutscenes and I will pause the game myself and quit. Be toxic, celebrate and pause on me and I will do my best to beat you as much as possible.

    I score the equalizer and quit afterwards.

    Also I quit when I see people switching to 5 atb or make subs at the start of the game. Can't be bothered sweating my balls off. Oh and the boneheads that are skill canceling like there is no tomorrow right from kick-off.
  • MIG40970
    594 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I also quit when someone makes subs immediately. People have like Pele, Dalglish and idk Sane and he is subbing Mbappe and Maradona just in case.
  • Gale420
    4108 posts National Call-Up
    Kennyy wrote: »
    What if I skip celebrations but pause for you?

    Nah, it’s a respect thing. Anyone that pauses for me is playing the whole game. Lost 6-1 earlier but it’s still one less game I have to score with a 4* WF player 😂

  • oneskyworld
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just. Don't. Pause. For. Me.

    I had a guy being super persistent, paused three times for me in the first half.
  • Denz
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    I get why him pausing is annoying and I still don't get the point considering some of the above opinions.

    I've started to just let it go though, I was quitting anyway and from experience over a few objectives quitting out and starting another is usually a far quicker route to getting these done, even when you need only the goals.
  • Andyh60
    1103 posts Professional
    Manutelli wrote: »

    I score the equalizer and quit afterwards.

    But that can also be perfect when say for Rodri 5 of the games you didn't need to win.
  • Air Diddy
    1329 posts Professional
    I dont like it being called the golden goal rule lol

    I was doing it for icon swaps and thats it
  • leea12345
    446 posts An Exciting Prospect
    there is no golden goal rule, simple
  • what3v3r
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    I'll join the chorus, there is no such a thing as golden goal rule, it is a made up thing. And saying it is a rule or pausing to force people to quit, is nothing but entitlement.

    That said, I usually do it, since people usually quit for me as well.
  • Nickthegreek20
    986 posts Professional
    Every single time I’ve gone behind today the opponent has paused for me. What is wrong with this entitled community?
  • FutsalBros0710
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 4
    Air Diddy wrote: »
    I dont like it being called the golden goal rule lol

    I was doing it for icon swaps and thats it

    Well generally it is not wrong idea. After you do for example outside box goals and through assists there is not much to "grind" for right?

    I just hate toxic behaviour. And celebrating goal deffo is toxic. Especially when done in friendlies.
  • Chavez76
    8695 posts League Winner
    had a 16-14 win on Saturday. Guy gave me two goals by moving his keeper, and after we scored 1 each every time to toggle all objectives. He didnt need the win (I did) and we ended at 16-14.
  • Nodge86
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    You need to take rule out of the thread title. It’s an option, not a rule.
  • David12344
    4106 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 4
    Just played a game it was hilarious. Now hear me out no one I’ve played have played golden goal so I presume the rule or option so to speak isit there.

    So he scores on break goes one up he pauses. Ok I carry on playing he scores pauses. He scores again he’s very skill oriented and defensive (going to be a hard game) He pauses again. Then he holds the ball all of the first half. At half time I’m three down and go 10 depth team press just to get the dam ball back. I’m already on 7 as I normally play. I go through on goal he hacks me down gets sent off I score the free kick. I then get two more and I’m dominating him totally. So I hold ball to because I now want him to play extra time. And proceed to score 2 more in first half of extra time then hold the ball all second half of extra time as he has no pauses and is in one depth as per the radar.


    Serves him right there was no need for him to be so mean so I did it back. Luckily my messages are off now.


    This is not normally my style but he was so rude the way he was doing the dancing celebrating his goals and holding the ball between his gk and defence to make my game hell for daring not to quit.
    Post edited by David12344 on
  • Cabbstar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    David12344 wrote: »
    Just played a game it was hilarious. Now hear me out no one I’ve played have played golden goal so I presume the rule or option so to speak isit there.

    So he scores on break goes one up he pauses. Ok I carry on playing he scores pauses. He scores again he’s very skill oriented and defensive (going to be a hard game) He pauses again. Then he holds the ball all of the first half. At half time I’m three down and go 10 depth team press just to get the dam ball back. I’m already on 7 as I normally play. I go through on goal he hacks me down gets sent off I score the free kick. I then get two more and I’m dominating him totally. So I hold ball to because I now want him to play extra time. And proceed to score 2 more in first half of extra time then hold the ball all second half of extra time as he has no pauses and is in one depth as per the radar.


    Serves him right there was no need for him to be so mean so I did it back. Luckily my messages are off now.


    This is not normally my style but he was so rude the way he was dancing his goals and holding the ball between his gk and defence to make my game hell for daring not to quit.

    🤣🤣🤣 Love it
  • Fozberry
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm concious of time, but don't play GG.
    If they are comfortably better than me and don't celebrate or pause, I generally quit early.
    If they celebrateand/or pause on me, I'll carry on and try do an objective till at least half time before I contemplate quitting.

    My favourites though go constant pressure, team press, spam through balls, score and pause, desperate for GG.
    90% of these I win comfortably as they are knackered by half time even if 2-3 up, and those 2nd halves are usually the most satisfying moment of my day!
  • David12344
    4106 posts National Call-Up
    Cabbstar wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Just played a game it was hilarious. Now hear me out no one I’ve played have played golden goal so I presume the rule or option so to speak isit there.

    So he scores on break goes one up he pauses. Ok I carry on playing he scores pauses. He scores again he’s very skill oriented and defensive (going to be a hard game) He pauses again. Then he holds the ball all of the first half. At half time I’m three down and go 10 depth team press just to get the dam ball back. I’m already on 7 as I normally play. I go through on goal he hacks me down gets sent off I score the free kick. I then get two more and I’m dominating him totally. So I hold ball to because I now want him to play extra time. And proceed to score 2 more in first half of extra time then hold the ball all second half of extra time as he has no pauses and is in one depth as per the radar.


    Serves him right there was no need for him to be so mean so I did it back. Luckily my messages are off now.


    This is not normally my style but he was so rude the way he was dancing his goals and holding the ball between his gk and defence to make my game hell for daring not to quit.

    🤣🤣🤣 Love it

    I did enjoy it I can’t lie
  • oneskyworld
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    it's always the bad players pause for you, cause they don't have the confidence to win over the whole game.
Sign In or Register to comment.