Rodri better than nif kante?

Growler
813 posts Semi-Pro
Been using Kante almost from the start and haven’t been able to replace him yet. Is rodri an upgrade as a pure cdm?

Comments

• RedPlanet1986
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    From what I've been reading - NO
  • Ncliverbirds
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Been wondering the same. Would love to hear some additional comments.
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    I mean, let’s be honest, kante just fits the game as a defensive mid. I’m just finding now though that he can cost me wins in fut champs lately with his passing. Really looking for someone who can sit in defence and do a job as well as pass. I have Rooney and tots mount next to him
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    How about soucek? Could he replace kante as a stay bk cdm?
  • Diddymow
    4323 posts National Call-Up
    Soucke nowhere near NIF Kante.
  • DannySTFC
    7925 posts League Winner
    Rodri complete different type of CDM to Kante. Big strong and physical, but Kante has that little annoying nuisance value about him, he’s all over the place, Rodri won’t have that same mobility.
  • Ncliverbirds
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used Soucek for 3-4 games this WL and quickly put NIF kante back in the team. Just didn’t work for even though his stats looked great. Seemed passive and to disappear or never actually appear in games. But very limited sample size for me.
  • Kingy
    2530 posts Fans' Favourite
    Soucek is not very good tbh, nothing on Kante. Havent used Rodri but I would expect Kante to be the better option..
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    Might just stuck with kante then.
  • Chill
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Makelele is literally a Kante that can pass.. he can't shoot mind you
  • Diddymow
    4323 posts National Call-Up
    Chill wrote: »

Is he better than Essien? Got some dupe untradeables to dump.
  • Demon_reborn
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Currently using Roberto Carlos....same nuisance as kante however he has strength. Good passing and can finesse a top bins.
  • SomeGit
    91 posts Park Captain

My most frustrating FIFA 20 memory is one guy who won on the 90' min with an outside finesse shot from Makelele... with his week foot.
  • All4fun1991
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes tots soucek is awful...I recently used his TOTW card which was very good on set pieces, I pull his tots card but really terrible....kante is the ultimate CDM in this game, I even prefer him over icons...just love how annoying he is, he’s everywhere on the pitch😁😁
  • Chill
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Diddymow wrote: »

I actually got both from the last random ICON SBC (both prime). Very different players tbh, makelele feels faster, more agile and Essien is like a brick wall, very good at intercepting and can get into the box and finish off. Both are decent options, I'd have Makelele as a stay back CDM but Essien as a powerful CM
  • CheeseSlice
    1672 posts Play-Off Hero
    Growler wrote: »
    Been using Kante almost from the start and haven’t been able to replace him yet. Is rodri an upgrade as a pure cdm?

Kante ✅
    Essien✅
    Rulebraker naingolan ✅
    Rttf kessie✅

Rtts sissoko❌
    TOTS ndombelle❌
    TOTS rodri❌

Its meta or bust unfortunately
  • Bob_Bobson
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diddymow wrote: »

I have both Essien and Makelele pim. If you have good b2b options, do Makelele as he is a ball magnet. If you are happy with your stay back options, Essien is stupidly good at getting about on the pitch. If the team had both and I had to do one though, Essien is the guy.
  • Izzy2K17
    13617 posts Has That Special Something
    Which one would be a better partner to FB Sanches, Essien, Mak, or someone else in a 433(4)
  • Jordonp
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nowhere near as good as a CDM. Maybe a better quality player overall. But
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Which one would be a better partner to FB Sanches, Essien, Mak, or someone else in a 433(4)

FB Sanches, Mak and Essien is a perfect midfield 3 all with the right attributes and stats. End-game material.

• Damo_Suzuki
    3312 posts National Call-Up
    I preferred NIF Kante to Rodri at CDM. Rodri is my new CB and he's great there.

Soucek has high/high workrates so moves up the pitch away from where you want him which is annoying. If he had better workrates he would be a beast of a CDM. I'm playing Soucek at CM now where the high/high is good and I like him a lot there but prefered Kante at CDM.

• Gstitt10
    1540 posts Play-Off Hero
    We aren't talking about a massive price here tho. Kante is 36k on ps market. Do tots rodri as he's free, if he's unusable stick to kante and use rodri in an sbc
  • Rainaz
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    Is makelele a big upgrade on Kante.

I could get CR7 back into the squad If I have mak so that's a positive also
  • Growler
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    We aren't talking about a massive price here tho. Kante is 36k on ps market. Do tots rodri as he's free, if he's unusable stick to kante and use rodri in an sbc

I’ve had kante unreadable from the start and don’t really want to do the rodri objectives unless it would be worth it. My experience with some of these objective based cards has been full of sweats and toxicity and after this last weekend league, m not sure I can take any more for a week or two.
  • David12344
    17351 posts World Class
    Rainaz wrote: »
    Is makelele a big upgrade on Kante.

I could get CR7 back into the squad If I have mak so that's a positive also

Yeah pretty big upgrade mate.
  • DaMMian
    2231 posts Fans' Favourite
    NO, Rodrigo is not good.