Best bundesliga striker?

Gstitt10
1623 posts Play-Off Hero
I want to go back to having just one league, I have untradeable bailey, boateng, IF neuer and the Right back bender. One position I need help with is striker, who is best? Is toty lewandowski worth the price or birthday sane? Anybody else I should think of?

Comments

  • Blackbird
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did you not do the 87 Reinier? I still use him, scored over 40 goals for me this weekend league.
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blackbird wrote: »
    Did you not do the 87 Reinier? I still use him, scored over 40 goals for me this weekend league.

    Nope I took a break from FIFA for a while so this is me coming back. I came back around when bender got released
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    POTM Haaland if you did him?
  • RangerCraig
    3146 posts National Call-Up
    Weghorst
  • Gale420
    4271 posts National Call-Up
    That Bailey will be good at striker imo
  • DannySTFC
    9655 posts League Winner
    Sane is very good
  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    I want to go back to having just one league, I have untradeable bailey, boateng, IF neuer and the Right back bender. One position I need help with is striker, who is best? Is toty lewandowski worth the price or birthday sane? Anybody else I should think of?

    Whats your budget? Ive been doing one league only (Bundes) this year. I have used 93 Lewa a couple of times and really liked him but he isnt meta and wont suit everyone. I hear the same about the TOTY version. I almost got the TOTY version last week when he dropped below 1 million but by time WL came around he'd gone back up so I didnt bother. The 93 version is a decent price right now though.

    I currently am using POTM Haaland and Bday Reus, with RTTF Bebou at CAM. Bebou is superb, with deadeye excellent. He is lean, quick and good movement. Decent enough in the air and 3* weak foot not been a problem for me. He is a cheap option since Hoffenheim got knocked out. Used him in attack as well but still finding a place for him at CAM and scores a lot of goals from that position. With his high att. work rates he makes so many runs beyond the front 2 that others I have tried in that position just do not do with such frequency.

    I did use Sane a couple of weekends ago when he was still around £1million. He was good but he wasnt a million good. I may use him again in the future but not at his current price. I like the look of Bailey but that would mean taking out POTM Haaland who has over 600 goals for me so reluctant to do that. I could move Reus to CAM but hes scoring so many goals as a striker Im also reluctant to do that! The freeze card for Bailey was decent, didn’t really use it enough so the TOTS could be really good.

    Freeze Hazard could be quite a cheap option as well, another lean, quick striker. I used him more out wide when I had him though than through the middle.

    I haven’t use him but WIF Jovic looks good!

    Can you do Huntelaar still? hes on my bench, doesnt get as much gametime as he probably deserves though.
  • Gale420 wrote: »
    That Bailey will be good at striker imo

    I can back this. 20 games played, 35 goals
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.
  • Air Diddy
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haaland HL for me

    Also a couple of games away from unlocking Neiderlechner who looks ok for a grindable card

  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    What was it about Huntelaar? What kind of player usually work best for you?

    The goal to game ratio for Huntelaar for me is good I just find he doesnt move much, he can be deadly when the chances come though he just didnt ever seem involved in the game for me yet like I say his goal return is decent. I may SBC him myself at some point but at the moment he is on the bench but didnt get much game time this WL. I think he came of the bench once and got a hat-trick and yet I didnt turn to him again!!

  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    Also if a million is your entire budget perhaps a risk to spend it all on the TOTY Lewa? If you find hes not for you might be a bit of a loss on him, if your not fussed then fair play.

    I quite fancy trying that Jovic but he is going to be better than Reus and Haaland? I doubt it. Good price though. I'd be trying lower budget Bundes strikers I think if I 'only' had a million to play with.
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh no, 1 mill is what I have left. I play 4321 so the team I was going for is this
    Gk - IF neuer (untradeable)
    RB - Bender (untradeable)
    CB - boateng (untradeable)
    CB - UCL live akanji
    Lb - Prime cole (untradeable)
    Cm - tots nkunku
    Cm - fut bday can (he would be my stay back player)
    Cm - toty kimmich
    LF - prime moments nedved (untradeable)
    RF - tots bailey
    St - ?
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    What was it about Huntelaar? What kind of player usually work best for you?

    The goal to game ratio for Huntelaar for me is good I just find he doesnt move much, he can be deadly when the chances come though he just didnt ever seem involved in the game for me yet like I say his goal return is decent. I may SBC him myself at some point but at the moment he is on the bench but didnt get much game time this WL. I think he came of the bench once and got a hat-trick and yet I didnt turn to him again!!

    I felt he was stuff, he wasn't making the runs I wanted him to make. I just couldn't get on with him. Currently have mbappe and score for fun with him but now at this stage of the game is just about fun. I have sat with mbappe from about November and I feel like a change is well overdue
  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    What was it about Huntelaar? What kind of player usually work best for you?

    The goal to game ratio for Huntelaar for me is good I just find he doesnt move much, he can be deadly when the chances come though he just didnt ever seem involved in the game for me yet like I say his goal return is decent. I may SBC him myself at some point but at the moment he is on the bench but didnt get much game time this WL. I think he came of the bench once and got a hat-trick and yet I didnt turn to him again!!

    I felt he was stuff, he wasn't making the runs I wanted him to make. I just couldn't get on with him. Currently have mbappe and score for fun with him but now at this stage of the game is just about fun. I have sat with mbappe from about November and I feel like a change is well overdue

    I'm guessing you dont cross a lot and want him running in behind etc... do you skill a lot? Sane would be good but I dont feel worth the price. If your not looking for silky skills I honestly would give bebou a run. Hes cheap, stick deadeye on him, you may be surprised. Hes only 83 but plays way way better.
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    What was it about Huntelaar? What kind of player usually work best for you?

    The goal to game ratio for Huntelaar for me is good I just find he doesnt move much, he can be deadly when the chances come though he just didnt ever seem involved in the game for me yet like I say his goal return is decent. I may SBC him myself at some point but at the moment he is on the bench but didnt get much game time this WL. I think he came of the bench once and got a hat-trick and yet I didnt turn to him again!!

    I felt he was stuff, he wasn't making the runs I wanted him to make. I just couldn't get on with him. Currently have mbappe and score for fun with him but now at this stage of the game is just about fun. I have sat with mbappe from about November and I feel like a change is well overdue

    I'm guessing you dont cross a lot and want him running in behind etc... do you skill a lot? Sane would be good but I dont feel worth the price. If your not looking for silky skills I honestly would give bebou a run. Hes cheap, stick deadeye on him, you may be surprised. Hes only 83 but plays way way better.

    I mean I do the basic skill moves but nothing silky. Sane has dropped to around 550k. He was over a million not long ago. I am tempted by him
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    You'll be better off going for an icon, the only decent bundes st is toty lewa and there's some better icons for less than that, although his toty will drop when bundes tots is released. I'd still go icon though, maybe Owen, cantona or baby etoo depending on how you use your st
  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    dengah109 wrote: »
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    Budget is close to 1 million. So I could afford toty lewandowski. I did huntelaar but really didn't get on with him and stuck him in an sbc.

    What was it about Huntelaar? What kind of player usually work best for you?

    The goal to game ratio for Huntelaar for me is good I just find he doesnt move much, he can be deadly when the chances come though he just didnt ever seem involved in the game for me yet like I say his goal return is decent. I may SBC him myself at some point but at the moment he is on the bench but didnt get much game time this WL. I think he came of the bench once and got a hat-trick and yet I didnt turn to him again!!

    I felt he was stuff, he wasn't making the runs I wanted him to make. I just couldn't get on with him. Currently have mbappe and score for fun with him but now at this stage of the game is just about fun. I have sat with mbappe from about November and I feel like a change is well overdue

    I'm guessing you dont cross a lot and want him running in behind etc... do you skill a lot? Sane would be good but I dont feel worth the price. If your not looking for silky skills I honestly would give bebou a run. Hes cheap, stick deadeye on him, you may be surprised. Hes only 83 but plays way way better.

    I mean I do the basic skill moves but nothing silky. Sane has dropped to around 550k. He was over a million not long ago. I am tempted by him

    Yeh makes sense to try him, got a feeling his price will keep dropping though. Have you looked at Nkunku? Stats are decent, 3* weak foot the only downside. He looks like he could do a job.
    Due to dearth of defensively sound RM in Bundesliga I'm toying with buying him to play RM in my 352. His price has already dropped considerably.
  • dengah109
    1217 posts Professional
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    You'll be better off going for an icon, the only decent bundes st is toty lewa and there's some better icons for less than that, although his toty will drop when bundes tots is released. I'd still go icon though, maybe Owen, cantona or baby etoo depending on how you use your st

    Maybe icons aren't an option? I'm doing Bundesliga only and icons are not an option they are not in the league! personally I've no interest in using icons.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    You'll be better off going for an icon, the only decent bundes st is toty lewa and there's some better icons for less than that, although his toty will drop when bundes tots is released. I'd still go icon though, maybe Owen, cantona or baby etoo depending on how you use your st

    Can strongly vouch for PIM Owen and Lineker if you go icon route.
  • NathanBFC94
    976 posts Professional
    Haaland is superb. I have the POTM but the HL is higher rated so will be ridiculous
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haaland is superb. I have the POTM but the HL is higher rated so will be ridiculous

    Was good for me for a while but just feels like he's really far behind the curve now, so I stuck him into the Kenny sbc
  • spy
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTY Lewandowski definitely the best for me. Not sure if his TOTS will be higher rated but it will be hard to beat the TOTY.

    I currently play his and Huntelaar up front who is also great. I didn’t like HL Haland and probably haven’t give Reinier enough of a chance.
  • Quase
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2021
    Currently for me: TOTY Lewa + Flashback Müller > FS Reinier > FB Huntelaar > Freeze Gnabry
    I did not like Haaland when I tried him. He is similar to Lewa, but not as good. Even more clunky I would say. Sancho on the other hand is a fast player with good skilling, but better on the wing and so light weighted that he gets blown away often. Did not like him either.

    I start with Lewa and Huntelaar in a 4-4-2 to get Robben on chem. I would like to start with Müller though, he is the most effecient striker for me so far. Lewa is just more versatile, but not as clinical.
    It's certainly a matter of playstyle if they work for you. None of them are best for skillers, none of them are best for fast counters. They are more or less all possession hogs for sieging the box.

    The problem is if you have not done Müller, Reinier or Huntelaar ... same for FB Reus, yet Sané looks to be a decent one, I might give a try to pair with Lewa.
    Really though, I wait to get a better RM to finally bench Robben and get Müller back in the starting 11. Bailey looks pretty good, but let's see what the Red picks and Bundesliga TOTS brings.

    The team for the chills:
    https://www.ea.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=f4pWehgUnWRJ2:FFA21PCC
  • spy
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    Quase wrote: »
    Currently for me: TOTY Lewa + Flashback Müller > FS Reinier > FB Huntelaar > Freeze Gnabry
    I did not like Haaland when I tried him. He is similar to Lewa, but not as good. Even more clunky I would say. Sancho on the other hand is a fast player with good skilling, but better on the wing and so light weighted that he gets blown away often. Did not like him either.

    I start with Lewa and Huntelaar in a 4-4-2 to get Robben on chem. I would like to start with Müller though, he is the most effecient striker for me so far. Lewa is just more versatile, but not as clinical.
    It's certainly a matter of playstyle if they work for you. None of them are best for skillers, none of them are best for fast counters. They are more or less all possession hogs for sieging the box.

    The problem is if you have not done Müller, Reinier or Huntelaar ... same for FB Reus, yet Sané looks to be a decent one, I might give a try to pair with Lewa.
    Really though, I wait to get a better RM to finally bench Robben and get Müller back in the starting 11. Bailey looks pretty good, but let's see what the Red picks and Bundesliga TOTS brings.

    The team for the chills:
    https://www.ea.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=f4pWehgUnWRJ2:FFA21PCC

    I’m in a similar position with the need for an RM / RW and still playing NIF Sancho then subbing on TOTS Correa. Tempted by ToTS Bailey now he is below200k.
  • Gstitt10
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. Much appreciated. I am looking towards birthday sane because he's a unique card and I don't feel that card will be affected by bundesliga tots
Sign In or Register to comment.