Help with Monitor

stevotrueblue
1454 posts Play-Off Hero
I have my ps4 sat beside my desktop pc, so i use the montor for both.
As the monitor has no speakers of its own I plug my headset into the monitor jack.
For couple days now i started getting distortion in game. Weirdly the menu music seem fine. But in game im getting popping and crackling.
Today i started getting a playstation network pop up msg saying the mic has disconnected and cant be used,. Never use it for speech anyway but made me think it was the headset.
I plugged in daughters (which actually has a mic issue on xbox),,
At first sound all day been great,, but it has just started again now.
Is there anyway to test out a monitor for a fault? It kind of started after latest patch, but could be coincidence??
Other than buy another headset with no issues but if its the monitor them thats a waste.
Cheers guys for any suggestions.

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Whack it !!! Always works for me
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    David12344 wrote: »
    Whack it !!! Always works for me

Lol,, fook that m8, its an Alienware . Hoping its the headset, might have to contact their support and see if can find out. Strange tho that its only in game, yet in menus with the tunes its fine.
    Thing is there been a patch and a system update for psn all in the last week too.
  • Barry Allannnn
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Plug the headset directly into the controller?
  • xBarlow81x
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My headset is wireless and makes a funny noise/doesn't work properly if I try to use it while charging. If your headset is similar try unplugging the usb/charging cable and use it with only the jack plugged in.
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    Plug the headset directly into the controller?

Wont work as playing through monitor and it has no speaker of its own so no sound at all that way
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    xBarlow81x wrote: »
    My headset is wireless and makes a funny noise/doesn't work properly if I try to use it while charging. If your headset is similar try unplugging the usb/charging cable and use it with only the jack plugged in.

Im only using it with the jack,, never use the usb , and daughters one doesnt have usb so must just be wired
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    edited April 2021
    If you plug the headset into the controller and change the output in the settings you'll get sound from the game.
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    If you plug the headset into the controller and change the output in the settings you'll get sound from the game.

What settings m8, is that in the ontroller settings the ps4, or the monitors? might try it and see.
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just checked my ps4 settings are set to auto output, so it should be on the right setting and as soon as plug into controller it changes in the setting, but still silent in game.