SBCs that require icons

greif44
6117 posts Big Money Move
At the beginning of the cycle EA stated that some icon SBCs might require an icon. With TOTS starting this week, it would be great to have some clarity on this matter. Pretty sure that almost every player has a few useless icons in their club at this point.

Comments

• Pocketsquareguy
    7857 posts League Winner
    Might. Meaning no. It would help too many people out with all the trash icons people have.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    I’d like to know this too, as if not I have some that I will use in other SBCs
  • CheeseSlice
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite
    R9 / gullit/ cruyff will deffo need icons i reckon.
  • greif44
    R9 / gullit/ cruyff will deffo need icons i reckon.

Might just need multiple 88, 89, 90, 91 etc squads instead. So yeah, I'd like to have some info
  • RangerCraig
    3145 posts National Call-Up
    Icon upgrade pack tge day before fifa 22 releases
  • RadioShaq
    19689 posts Moderator
    I doubt they will tell you before hand as everyone will buy up all the fodder. I still think when they said they wanted icons to be more accessible they meant cheap and not just 500k plus fodder casuals can’t afford.
  • Chet
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2021
    That sort of information would influence discard icon prices, which in turn would be used by traders.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, quite simply, EA don’t want to make it easy for you to make a lot of coins.

If you have a lot of coins you don’t buy fifa points.
    Post edited by Chet on
  • ROYALNUTT
    459 posts An Exciting Prospect
    2 for 1 icons would be a good sbc. I have 2 useless icons I would like to trade in.
  • greif44
    ROYALNUTT wrote: »
    2 for 1 icons would be a good sbc. I have 2 useless icons I would like to trade in.

tbh I would not mind something that. or maybe icon pick that requires an icon and a couple of not very high rated squads so people can't spam these forever.
  • Diem
    953 posts Semi-Pro
    greif44 wrote: »
    At the beginning of the cycle EA stated that some icon SBCs might require an icon. With TOTS starting this week, it would be great to have some clarity on this matter. Pretty sure that almost every player has a few useless icons in their club at this point.

Where did they say this? I thought they'd ruled it out, but was that last year, after the icons were kept artificially too high in 19?
  • greif44
    Diem wrote: »
    greif44 wrote: »

Where did they say this? I thought they'd ruled it out, but was that last year, after the icons were kept artificially too high in 19?

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-21/news/pitch-notes-fut21-launch-update

in 20 they just removed individual icon SBCs as many of the icons were used in game just a SBC fodder for top ones