More addicting than fut?

D0lvl
4847 posts Big Money Move
What are some games more addictive than fifa/ fut?

Looking for something harder than fifa to finally break free from its hold.

I was playing WoW before this and while also addictive, it’s very much less toxic and not as bad for your health.

The gamble for end game loot is there but at least you’ll know you’ll get that loot eventually. This gamble for end game cards in fut is very frustrating when gameplay can’t even give you a break with it just being unplayable. At least with wow, gameplay was very consistent. Just had to worry about class balance and grinding raids.

Weird time to feel like this with tots nearby but just trying to play WL and just trash gameplay all day is making me just reach the end with this game.

I don’t want to just gamble on packs and okay menus anymore. I try to find something good with just playing the game but finding nothing but disappointment and frustration.

I ask myself why I’m addictrd to the icon stuff when the most enjoyable modes in this game for me had been friendlies with silver objectives and mm/milestone friendlies objectives.

Comments

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2021
    I heard the stuff that people sell on street corners is slightly more addictive? Not sure if that’s true though this game is pulsating 😉
  • Fifapayne
    6463 posts Big Money Move
    Counter strike—try to get faceit level 10
  • D0lvl
    Fifapayne wrote: »

I think my days of playing fps are over. I’m old for all that. lol.

Im reading some good suggestions at

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/c9v2lg/serious_how_to_manage_an_ultimate_team_addiction/

Before I wrote this post, I had some sick justification to keep playing this game by saying - if EA had given me a great pull from the icon pack, i would keep playing. Just realizing what an addict saying that is lol.

Seriously, for those that are as addicted as me, I’m pulling for you as well to break free from this addiction.

• D0lvl
    In the reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/c9v2lg/serious_how_to_manage_an_ultimate_team_addiction/

someone suggested recording yourself playing WL. You’ll see a monster in that video.

LOL. So true.

you’ll see a bad side of you, sad state, an angry, yelling maniac/idiot.

I’m guilty of this. I’ve broken 2 ps4 controllers. I’ve snapped at people interrupting my game.

And for what?

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    D0lvl wrote: »

Before I wrote this post, I had some sick justification to keep playing this game by saying - if EA had given me a great pull from the icon pack, i would keep playing. Just realizing what an addict saying that is lol.

Seriously, for those that are as addicted as me, I’m pulling for you as well to break free from this addiction.

Hahaha 😂 like this post. The bit about the big pull was great 👍
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    In the reddit thread:

someone suggested recording yourself playing WL. You’ll see a monster in that video.

LOL. So true.

I’m guilty of this. I’ve broken 2 ps4 controllers. I’ve snapped at people interrupting my game.

And for what?

Yap. I was free from this for 1.5 years after 19 and the past 3 weeks my life went downhill after getting addicted again.

I will delete my club shortly, just trying to figure out how to get a permanent ban from FUT so I won't get sucked in again.

Buying coins would be a way, but I don't want to waste money on this. Aside from that I'm not sure what I could do and if I want a perma ban from all EA games, but then again, why not?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2021
    bberger wrote: »
    In the reddit thread:

LOL. So true.

And for what?

Yap. I was free from this for 1.5 years after 19 and the past 3 weeks my life went downhill after getting addicted again.

I will delete my club shortly, just trying to figure out how to get a permanent ban from FUT so I won't get sucked in again.

Buying coins would be a way, but I don't want to waste money on this. Aside from that I'm not sure what I could do and if I want a perma ban from all EA games, but then again, why not?

Kurt is a good example. But not a kind way to do it. Maybe talk to ea chat tell them you have a problem See if they help you mate. (Like they would )

I think you can buy players at high rate will get you transfer ban.

Like common gold and bronzes lots of them for 10k but don’t think that will be a perm ban mate.

Maybe just uninstall and delete club.
  • I SiR MartY I
    14927 posts World Class
    RPGs + battle royale games

The two most addictive types of games around, can sink hundreds of hours into both
  • Burchy
    1807 posts Play-Off Hero
    How about Roblox... my kids seem addicted to that! 😂
  • NinthFall
    2698 posts National Call-Up

Seriously, for those that are as addicted as me, I’m pulling for you as well to break free from this addiction

Nah man you need to fight that ideology. You're never too old to be good in cs
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Burchy wrote: »
    How about Roblox... my kids seem addicted to that! 😂

Mine too lol. Don’t get it personally
  • Diddymow
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    The only game I've ever really been addicted to was Runescape. Been playing it on and off for about 16 years now. I've had several years long breaks from the game but always go back. Stuck in a cycle now where I go back for 3-6 months then stop again for like 6 months, haven't touched it since December now.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Gotta agree on WoW. Used to play it back in the day but recent patches turned the game into a full-time job if you want to stay up to date.
    FUT and WoW are probably the only games that give you the feeling of missing out if you don't grind.
  • AzizaG
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    I love pubg mobile. Play with the mrs and it's quite competitive tbh, very fun tho
  • D0lvl
    greif44 wrote: »
    Gotta agree on WoW. Used to play it back in the day but recent patches turned the game into a full-time job if you want to stay up to date.
    FUT and WoW are probably the only games that give you the feeling of missing out if you don't grind.

You are right about wow. I tried getting back into it before end of last year. The guild I was in was running mythics anddoing alt runs on pick up raids on their 4th or 5th max level character. I also couldn’t raid in a schedule anymore. The nostalgia on wow is strong though. I had great gaming memories in that game but it’s very different now.

• D0lvl
    NinthFall wrote: »

Seriously, for those that are as addicted as me, I’m pulling for you as well to break free from this addiction

Nah man you need to fight that ideology. You're never too old to be good in cs

You know when fortnite started becoming popular, I was going along with the crowd and tried my best to really like it. All that building stuff while shooting etc was just so chaotic for me.

The fps i really miss are the good ol days of Day Z like back in 2012 before the hackers ran it to the ground and before Rocket dipped out after getting his money. The standalone Day z was super trash and I never played that again.

I missed that type of fps not this cod twitch style fps.I never really got into counterstrike either...
  • Juked By Neymar
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    Just living life :lol:
    Seriously tho, enjoyed myself so much more and was so much more productive in general when I didn't even buy a copy of FIFA last year. If I own the game I get sucked into feeling like I have to do all these objectives to not fall way behind and it's a terrible cycle
  • bullettoot
    702 posts Semi-Pro

Keep strong you can overcome it.
    I got extremely lucky with the icon pack. And was latched again, but last WL made me realize what is the point of all the luck or good players when the gameplay won’t let you enjoy them. Haven’t played since last Saturday. Still open futbin, the forums or the app but just for a slight check. So bury it in your mind getting lucky or good players just accelerates the frustration with this horrendous gameplay.
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Go to EA help and choose the 'right to be forgotten' option. They will have to delete all the data they hold on you. The rest is then your willpower unfortunately.
  • D0lvl
    Officially done. Deleted my club. I did do one more final prime icon pack. I threw my all untradeable squad:

The result: Prime Kluivert and quicksold that MF’er and deleted the game.

359-BB2-B5-2428-4680-9-BCA-0753-F05-FBD21.jpg

83595-A4-E-5632-4-EF0-9492-A70-A11-BB3-A45.jpg

5004-DC96-25-C6-4-EE4-834-A-1-FD10-F30849-A.jpg

• abhreebhu_45
    14879 posts World Class
    A good RPG
  • Kaptentegel
    1555 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nice mate. I did the same in Fifa 20 and know the feeling.
  • Springveldt
    6926 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    In the reddit thread:

LOL. So true.

And for what?

I'm like you, I quit in 19, skipped 20 and came back for 21 only to get sucked in again. FIFA is the only EA game I play as I uninstalled Origin on my PC and FIFA is the only game I play on console really.

I've just accepted that the game is garbage and the way EA handle icons is garbage. I'm trying to limit my time on the game now as I used to do every objective, play WL, do Silver Lounge etc. This week I've only played a few games and I'm slowly starting to break the cycle of wanting the best rewards on Thursday as they are 99% of the time not worth the effort.

I haven't completed a full WL this year (last week 24 games was the most) but I did usually hit 30 game limit in Rivals. The last few weeks I've broken that cycle as well and only last week was the first week in a month that I completed 30 Rivals games as well.

The game is addictive for me due to the FOMO, once you break that it's easier to quit or just not care.
  • bezo85
    1581 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mario Kart Tour is pretty addictive. Great content though.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    edited April 2021
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    Go to EA help and choose the 'right to be forgotten' option. They will have to delete all the data they hold on you. The rest is then your willpower unfortunately.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/close-ea-account/#:~:text=request for you.-,Right to be Forgotten,The Right To Be Forgotten.&text=This will be permanent and,after it has been completed.

Thank you, doing that now. I will request all data they have on me before having them delete it though.
  • KingBarca
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    Valorant or other shooters
    MOBAs
    Stuff where practice will actually matter and give you 10 out of 10 times the same outcome once you mastered something.

Far less competitive games like MMOs or Path of Exile are addictive too.
    Escape from Tarkov apparently is pretty addictive too.

There is so much to pick from.
  • john_d_efc
    3163 posts National Call-Up
    I've deleted my club, I'll stick to CoD and I'll get back into FM.

Thing with cod is, if I get destroyed on there its usually my own fault and I can accept it bit with FIFA I absolutely lose my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :joy:
  • Wi1son73
    3971 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    Dying light was very addictive, (though it’s not online game) Can’t wait for Dying light 2 ..
    Cyberpunk got me addicted..
    Jedi fallen order was brilliant..
    But every so often you just get that urge to play football.. Then you realise why you don’t play much after a few games
  • FutsalBros0710
    1686 posts Play-Off Hero
    Am I addicted? Would not say so becuase there will be days that I will not even enter FUT (either on console or companion) but I would say I am very commited to game. With most games I get bored over time yet with fifa it is different (probably as I am football fan).
    Over years I just see the difference in time that I spend on the game.
    For example I played alot of FUT14 on PC (over 900 hours played) then came back for FUT17 on PS3 and got bored after a month (packed Messi in 1 week).
    FUT18 and FUT19 played only singleplayer games.
    Mostly played couch games on FUT17-FUT19 with friends.
    Last year I spent lot of time trading, grinding ingame etc just to sell baby R9 for min price in January due to glitch, with corona lockdown in late March and April came back for TOTS and had sweet EFL squad full of TOTS and then got bored until May. Also very important it was only one WL needed on FUT20 that I realized it is not worth my nerves (nearly broke controller, had couple snaps when Miss interupted my game).
    This year I missed only few objective players and played only when I really had time for playing (mostly when Miss was at work or when she was sleeping), but I did not trade at all (even tho I have alot of time at work for it lol).
    Until when will I play FUT? Well probably all until I find fun in it.