Swear I just played a bot!

PlacidCasual77
149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited April 2021
Just went four defeats in a row on champs, losing the will to live and on the fifth game I suddenly play some account named AF114553 and the team generically named Aberdeen. The guy can’t pass a ball and gives me a 15 min 3-0 lead before the quit kicks in. It was surreal. It was a gimme. I know there are probably average players on WL but if was so fishy! Like a pity win. I felt dirty!

Comments

• Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    Some people give away wins when they hit their goal

It's a nice gesture. They are few and far between on this game
  • abhreebhu_45
    9529 posts League Winner
    Mdm wrote: »

I used to do that,,but then they started banning players
  • rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up

If they were giving away a win surely they would quit when losing 1-0, not 3-0?
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Just went four defeats in a row on champs, losing the will to live and on the fifth game I suddenly play some account named AF114553 and the team generically named Aberdeen. The guy can’t pass a ball and gives me a 15 min 3-0 lead before the quit kicks in. It was surreal. It was a gimme. I know there are probably average players on WL but if was so fishy! Like a pity win. I felt dirty!

If you’ve lost 4 in a row you’re likely being matched with people whose controller only has 1 working button. It’s not surprising it wasn’t a hard game.

I used to do that,,but then they started banning players

Another one of those things where someone says something and everyone just believes it. Turned out they weren’t banning people for giving wins away, it was something else entirely. Tonnes of people still do it, myself included, there’s no issue with bans.
  • Cabbstar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Usually play to gold 3 then give wins away in any remaining games you don't get banned