PIM Puyol

Juked By Neymar
3660 posts National Call-Up
I seem to play against him ALOT and he was one of my favorite players growing up. However surely there are better places to use my untradable fodder than on him?

Anyone have reviews on him?

Comments

• MrFitz
    558 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He’s good if you know how to position him (really just don’t drag him out of position) he’s not going to run down the faster strikers in a foot race but don’t position him to ever have to. Play him alongside a defender with a bit more pace and you have a good pair of CB.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    He is so brutal and aggressive it’s nuts and if you play on 5 or 4 depth, you are having a beast of an defender! Even on basic chem. style he is up there with the best.

I did PIM Puyol, Makélélé, Schmeichel, Kluivert, and now Zambrotta for free. Only with fodder.

Puyol is absolute mad. Coming from an Real Madrid fan.

Do it. Just do it...
  • Juked By Neymar
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    He is so brutal and aggressive it’s nuts and if you play on 5 or 4 depth, you are having a beast of an defender! Even on basic chem. style he is up there with the best.

I did PIM Puyol, Makélélé, Schmeichel, Kluivert, and now Zambrotta for free. Only with fodder.

Puyol is absolute mad. Coming from an Real Madrid fan.

Do it. Just do it...

would you say to do Puyol over the like of zambrotta or makelele? Those were the others I was kinda looking at
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tried his loan card last wl league, was good in the 4 games, so I did the sbc. Was so bad the wl just gone, went 6 w and 11l before dropping him, then went 15w 13l without him. Honestly, don't do him it's not worth it. Makalele is great if you have lots of fodder and want a beefed up kante, but he doesn't quite do it for my midfield. Nedved was good for me but after getting untr neymar he doesn't seem as food any more. Ballack was way too clunky and didn't feel worth it at all. Schmeichel loan card felt good but I want to get van der sar. Not done kluivert so no idea on him
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    I like him, but only as he is a passable option in game, a legend and I've chosen to do a Barcelona past and present RTG this year.

There are cheaper options who can do a job, but then do you want someone you never heard of, or don't care much for or someone who was one of your favourites growing up?

In the tackle he is strong, the ai positioning on him is good, when controlling him you just have to be mindful he is unlikely to catch anyone up so either go in and win the ball or drop.

• DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I love him and I play on 7 depth minimum so don't consider his pace an issue whatsoever. Up until recently that's been in a back 4, now it's as the central player in a 3. He's superb.