Moving on from Varane?

Dutch3723
2041 posts Fans' Favourite
Has anyone upgraded and moved on successfully from Gold Varane?

I've had him untradable in a back line of Varane, Prime Cannavaro and Klaiber, with Ter Stegen in goal for months now. In game I play 352 with 9 depth so the defensive line is quite high and it's probably too late in the game cycle for me to go changing that up! Links not a massive problem due to icons although Ter Stegen might have to be changed -but I'm of the view that most keepers are pretty good / poor in equal amounts!!!

Anyway I have about 2 million and fair amount of fodder in club and rest of the team is pretty settled so happy to splash the cash on a CB.

It might be that he's still one of the best options in the game but has anyone upgraded and / or found better players that have made a difference. Would be interested to hear views / experiences on CBs. Cheers

Comments

• Chill
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did the base icon pack from swaps and ended up with Sol Campbell, was initially a bit dissapointed but he's now benched Varane and is next to Puyol moments. Actually really enjoy using him, solid as a brick****house and pacey enough to compete. Don't know about a 9 depth but his positioning is very good and can't see many sneaking past him. Most importantly, fun to use
  • Gedi24
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    PIM Puyol, or if you're into full backs, PIM Zambrotta. Either or both are utterly outstanding CBs. I play 7 depth so should be fine with the high press.
  • Sujitsky123
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Packed Prime Vidic and he has benched varane easily.
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PIM Puyol. Don't need high pace when you win ball the early, get him in position and he makes his tackles stick.
  • Professor
    4274 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve moved on from my untradable gold Varane to Rttf Varane. He is too good not to have in the team.
  • garmak
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What do you figure the price of RTTF Varane goes to if Real Madrid loses?
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Gold Varane is still so good. He seems to have legs that extend and for his price no one comes close.
  • Rainaz
    1310 posts Professional
    Hes the one defender I have no cleared out of the club yet. No point he does the job better than most
  • tvrfan
    1256 posts Play-Off Hero
    HL Diego Carlos..... Way better than varane
  • HyperOCD
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    tvrfan wrote: »
    HL Diego Carlos..... Way better than varane

Not 60k
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    I upgraded to Mangala, but not great value for the cost.
  • Dutch3723
    Cheers for comments, don;t mind splashing a bit of cash if needs be. SO will prob go icon at this point
  • FutGuy
    1544 posts Play-Off Hero
    FB Hermoso?
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    I’m still using gold varane next to cannavaro...I had varane about 3 times only one of them tradable Which I sold for 150k...I will only replace him for a upgraded varane..Dont have mendy or Gomez I just like varane, but funny thing is I always do well against him playing for a opponent.😁
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bday bailly is so good, way better than varane ever felt. And the 5* wf isn't too bad
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Varane has insane blocks that’s what makes him so bloody good
    It’s annoying
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    only way on from gold varane is rrtf varane
  • torakun
    2701 posts National Call-Up
    I used WIF Marcelo (90) since I have both him and Varane untradable. They alternate to accompany pim Puyol. The advantage of Marcelo is that since he's so tall, he's winning 75% of headers from corners which some of my goals are coming from. Varane couldn't provide me with corner goals at all.

I'm poor in this fifa and I don't think, unless I pack maldini/vidic/rio/desailly, I will change much on my backline.
  • D0lvl
    4952 posts Big Money Move
    only way on from gold varane is rrtf varane

Basically.

• David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Sounds like it’s going to be tough on you moving on from varane. Maybe go find yourself take a bit of me time, spend some extra time with the family.

It will be ok.
  • xCDHx
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get yourself a good RB to play CB instead of Varane
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    actually i was fortunate to get NIF Varane and NIF Mendy untradeable, along with RTTF Oblak at one time. Rarely used them other than for Liga objectives

Recently got Birthday Mendy but only using him

this week tried a couple of full French squad as got Birthday Mandanda too

• Kondol
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    what you guys think about mid blanc from swaps to replace gold varane? have no luck from icon packs this year.
  • Krik
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    RTTF Varane
  • Dutch3723
    Went with RTTF Varane and got one for 1.6 this morning - now praying for a Madrid win!