My fodders are ready for PIM Makelele, but i decided to go for Renato Sanches.....

alvchong
1784 posts Play-Off Hero
is this a good decision?

Comments

• limjitwe
    9577 posts League Winner
    Yes. Renato can go forward while I’m afraid Makelele can’t, he’s also faster and more nimble. Defensively Makelele might be better but only marginal.
  • Thuq
    1295 posts Professional
    Makelele is more of a stay back CDM, whilst Renato i'd say is a box2box.
  • Arsenalman
    2624 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Yes. Renato can go forward while I’m afraid Makelele can’t, he’s also faster and more nimble. Defensively Makelele might be better but only marginal.
    Only marginal?😳I though makelele would be way better defensively
  • MrMTFC
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    Makalele defensively, renato b2b/balanced. Tbh I'm using makalele as a balanced mid next to busquets and find he's been pretty good there, but for that role renato is probably better but seems an expensive option
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    2 different positions, i start both, and defensively you cant compare. Makelele is an intercepting stand tackling annoying machine. While renato is a box 2 box jack of all trades but master of none type, he just has the body and pace to do the running and bodying.
  • I SiR MartY I
    8714 posts League Winner
    Arsenalman wrote: »

He is. If you want a pure DM, Makelele is the way to go, if you want a DM/CM that pushes up, Renato is the way to go.

If you run 4231, run both together for added chaos.
  • David12344
    10419 posts Has That Special Something
    I complained about renato being average but after playing many games with him he’s actually very very good. I think you made a good call.

I now play him with Vidal and makelele and they are bossing it so far.
  • David12344
    10419 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah makelele is better defensively you are correct buddy renato is box to box. Vidal is better defensively too. Not that renato is rubbish just my pecking order
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    From playing against him numerous times now Renato has been pretty easy to deal with. Vidal seems to be far far better. Or maybe it's just my opponents don't know how to use him?
  • Jdizzle
    2780 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    From playing against him numerous times now Renato has been pretty easy to deal with. Vidal seems to be far far better. Or maybe it's just my opponents don't know how to use him?

I've found the opposite tbh. Renato is everywhere, his pace is really annoying.
  • alvchong
    1784 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for all the advices. I am set to click submit button soon. after i did the 3 submission, i think i still have around 500k worth of fodder for PIM Makelele. Let's see how i experience with Renato first. I was using NIF Kante before as my CDM. I bench Kante and use Choudhury since is a Birthday card hype, he is not bad also.

let's see.....
  • Arsenalman

He is. If you want a pure DM, Makelele is the way to go, if you want a DM/CM that pushes up, Renato is the way to go.

I have potm Bruno 2 and play 442 mainly. Struggling to decide if I should do renato or Vidal, renato would slot in easier and replace base essien but I got a feeling I’d be worse off defensively
  • Arsenalman
    David12344 wrote: »

Yeah makelele is better defensively you are correct buddy renato is box to box. Vidal is better defensively too. Not that renato is rubbish just my pecking order

Maybe I should sell mbappe and Neymar and just get Vidal then
  • Mic2904
    2548 posts Fans' Favourite

I have potm Bruno 2 and play 442 mainly. Struggling to decide if I should do renato or Vidal, renato would slot in easier and replace base essien but I got a feeling I’d be worse off defensively

I play the same… 2potm Bruno and next to him PIM Makelele… tradeable mind you. Still can’t make up my mind off I could do good sbc.
  • Dalebert
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    David12344 wrote: »
    I complained about renato being average but after playing many games with him he’s actually very very good. I think you made a good call.

I now play him with Vidal and makelele and they are bossing it so far.

Out of the 3 who would you say is the best?
  • Arsenalman
    Mic2904 wrote: »

I play the same… 2potm Bruno and next to him PIM Makelele… tradeable mind you. Still can’t make up my mind off I could do good sbc.
    I’ve just compared Vidal to mid vieira and moments makelele, he’s as good defensively but better weak foot and way better offensively. I think Vidal/Bruno would be more balanced but harder to link
  • limjitwe
    9577 posts League Winner

Frankly I defend manually, Renato is really strong and fast to cover. So to me its marginal. Makelele I’ve only used from previous Fifa.
  • Mic2904
    2548 posts Fans' Favourite

I’ve just compared Vidal to mid vieira and moments makelele, he’s as good defensively but better weak foot and way better offensively. I think Vidal/Bruno would be more balanced but harder to link

Depends on what you want out of the player really.
  • Arsenalman

Depends on what you want out of the player really.

Yh so I’m guessing sanches would be lethal making runs from midfield cause of his pace but has worse finishing than Vidal, vidal is also superior in defence. I have bruno for the offensive side so I think Vidal would compliment him more
  • svatocraft
    82 posts Park Captain
    I am also faced with this decision. I play a 433 (4) with one CM dropping between defenders. I have Vidal already and want to partner him with either Makelele or Renato Sanches. Makes it sense that either Vidal or Sanches play the defensive role? Or better go for Makelele? I could go for both but are Vidal or Sanches suited for playing CAM too?
  • alexanderk26
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero
    svatocraft wrote: »
    I am also faced with this decision. I play a 433 (4) with one CM dropping between defenders. I have Vidal already and want to partner him with either Makelele or Renato Sanches. Makes it sense that either Vidal or Sanches play the defensive role? Or better go for Makelele? I could go for both but are Vidal or Sanches suited for playing CAM too?

Id take Renato. It’s nice having 4* skills and 5* WF. More pace and in the event he’s moving forward he can actually shoot.
  • alvchong
    1784 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 5
    No regret of getting him. He is really everywhere on the pitch. I scored 3 fitness from outside the box. no kidding. my midfield is Rooney (cm) + Jones (CM)+ Choudhury (drop to defender) + Sanches (CM) .... feel so strong in the middle of the park.

and btw, i now can push my defend to high line to 8. Previously i am using LM and RM ask my CM. i always get caught for counter attack.