Help me understand

Cosmic99
633 posts An Exciting Prospect
I think I'm missing something here.....
I was messaged asking me to let them win in rivals. I replied no sorry I'm not just letting you win in rivals.
He went on to score 2 own goals then let me score another 3 then got upset as I carried on playing normally.

It looked like he was doing some objective but I'm pretty sure you don't need rivals for that.
I've now been called mentally ill, that I'm sad for not helping and don't I understand that by scoring 5 and letting him win I'm doing both of us a favour.

So what am I missing, is this now normal?
I don't play rivals a lot, I'm only playing it at the moment for the last icon swap I need, so I don't actually know.

Comments

• David12344
    19980 posts Club Captain
    You had a choice, you made it, you was correct it wasn’t a friendly it’s a ranked game. You owe no one nothing and I don’t know why he wanted the win anyway so bad.

Maybe he gets away with that with the odd person but seems very beggy to me.
  • NeverTooLate
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2021
    One of Swap2 token need to score in 15 rival with first owner. Maybe they are not great and not normally play rival matches so they just ask for the win and hoping someone would help after getting enough points. They properly don’t realise u also need to gain skill points for promotion! 😂
  • Cosmic99
    That's exactly why I'm playing but you don't need a win for that just score with a first owned player. If he'd have asked for a goal I would have helped but he wanted the win which is what threw me.
  • NeverTooLate
    edited April 2021
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    That's exactly why I'm playing but you don't need a win for that just score with a first owned player. If he'd have asked for a goal I would have helped but he wanted the win which is what threw me.

Yes u are right, just score with first owner but God know why he needs the win 😂 !
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's all me me me with these self relegaters they only care about themselves.
  • ColinJohnstone32
    61 posts Park Captain
    This is exactly why the game is ruined, I wish EA would go back to the old 10 game season format and less special cards of players. Much more enjoyable.
  • RadioShaq
    19140 posts Moderator
    He could of been doing weekly objectives.
  • HardysPatch
    703 posts Semi-Pro
    One of last weeks gold objectives was go win 2 rival games with atleast 1 player serie a, prem, bundes and ligue 1
  • NeverTooLate
    Or he wants to speed up to get qualification points for next WL for swap2 token!🤷‍♂️
  • Cosmic99
    One of last weeks gold objectives was go win 2 rival games with atleast 1 player serie a, prem, bundes and ligue 1

From his team it definitely wasn't this one. He was using an all Silver Inc the Samba stars cards
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Off your messaging bro
  • DannySTFC
    8277 posts League Winner
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

😂

You turn every thread into something about self relegating, it’s all you talk about, there’s nothing to do with self relegating in here, if the lad had relegated he wouldn’t need to ask for help, you’ve got an obsession.
  • ColinJohnstone32
    61 posts Park Captain
    DannySTFC wrote: »

😂

You turn every thread into something about self relegating, it’s all you talk about, there’s nothing to do with self relegating in here, if the lad had relegated he wouldn’t need to ask for help, you’ve got an obsession.

To be fair though, the majority do self relegate to do the objectives which has ruined the game.
  • Gazmac_868

😂

You got it Dan wont be stopping either mate. Il not stop calling out you self relegaters no chance not until EA take some action against you cheats.
  • Cosmic99
    I came across a full bronze team who surprise surprise paused and quit before kick off.
    I done the only thing you can do and reported him to EA help for match making manipulation which against the ToS.
    Had a reply back that it has been passed onto the team for investigation so fingers crossed they'll take some action. It might only be one player but if everyone done this EA might start taking the issue seriously.

Anyway 15 rivals matches played and scored in each with a first owned player so that's me done with rivals again.

One thing I noticed is that almost everyone plays a formation with 2 CDMs, the most popular being 4231 narrow. Most players have some pretty stacked teams now. Almost everyone spams long through balls. I played 433(4) and ended up with 10 wins, 1 draw and 4 loses in div 4. So glad I don't play the WL, it must be like this X10 but at least it isn't as bad as last year with everyone playing drop back, that was truly mind numbing.

Oh and RTTF Tadic is awesome playing behind Kluivert. Scored loads with him and I do wonder what my opponent thinks when I'm scoring with a 74 pace player when they haven't got a single player under 80 pace on their entire team.
  • Gazmac_868
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    I came across a full bronze team who surprise surprise paused and quit before kick off.
    I done the only thing you can do and reported him to EA help for match making manipulation which against the ToS.
    Had a reply back that it has been passed onto the team for investigation so fingers crossed they'll take some action. It might only be one player but if everyone done this EA might start taking the issue seriously.

Anyway 15 rivals matches played and scored in each with a first owned player so that's me done with rivals again.

One thing I noticed is that almost everyone plays a formation with 2 CDMs, the most popular being 4231 narrow. Most players have some pretty stacked teams now. Almost everyone spams long through balls. I played 433(4) and ended up with 10 wins, 1 draw and 4 loses in div 4. So glad I don't play the WL, it must be like this X10 but at least it isn't as bad as last year with everyone playing drop back, that was truly mind numbing.

Oh and RTTF Tadic is awesome playing behind Kluivert. Scored loads with him and I do wonder what my opponent thinks when I'm scoring with a 74 pace player when they haven't got a single player under 80 pace on their entire team.

Good man cosmic fair play to you. Let's hope EA can stamp out all this cheating. Nice one getting your objective done I'd say your glad to be away from rivals for another while. I've still quite a few games to go! Hope you get a good icon pick if you're going for an icon pack swap option mate.
  • Gazmac_868

😂

To be fair though, the majority do self relegate to do the objectives which has ruined the game.

Thank you colin top lad.