Remove Constant pressure from Tactics screen, and only allow to switch on in game

rezyy
751 posts Semi-Pro
edited April 4
I think removing this from main tactics screen will better balance out this and stop it be so overpowering in game if only allowed to switch on during gameplay for the periods allowed currently

Comments

• RadioShaq
    17942 posts Moderator
    How would you stop possession hoarding?
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There's no problem with constant pressure but it does need to reflected in players stamina levels. No team could play a full 90 mins like this irl
  • rezyy
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 4
    RadioShaq wrote: »

This is about constant pressure, but changing formations can help with possession hoarding, swap to a 3 at the back go wider and press on possession loss and higher depth
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keep it as it is.
  • rezyy
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    There's no problem with constant pressure but it does need to reflected in players stamina levels. No team could play a full 90 mins like this irl

Make your mind up please you just contradicted yourself, if Stamina levels are not reflected properly in game then constant pressure is broken
  • RadioShaq
    17942 posts Moderator
    It’s still pretty hard to get the ball back without second man even switching formation. Removing constant pressure you would need to nerf passing drain stamina more or something to stop possession hoarding.
  • joshyw
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don’t mind when people use it against me I use my wings and just keep the ball and it opens up so much space to attack, but it has to drain stamina more than it does, after 30 in game minutes of using it stamina should be completely drained.
  • Buzzbuzz
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    But how would EA cater to the noobs if they removed it?

#bringback2ndmanpress
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    rezyy wrote: »

Make your mind up please you just contradicted yourself, if Stamina levels are not reflected properly in game then constant pressure is broken

It's not a contradiction, If someone chooses to play constant pressure it's a choice and a valid tactic. You might play it first half to try and get an early lead for example. But it does need to have a downside and FUT does not reflect it in the stamina levels.
    Do the same thing in online seasons and you'll see the effect it has on your team later in the game.
  • DannySTFC
    7188 posts Big Money Move

They can’t anyway. Try playing constant pressure for 70 odd minutes and your players will just be jogging around and won’t be able to have any impact on the game. This theory people have of players still sprinting and constantly pressing opponents after playing constant pressure tactic for 90 minutes just isn’t true.
  • RadioShaq
    17942 posts Moderator
    Anytime I’ve ever used any of the pressure tactics it drains my stamina like crazy. You also lose stats as your stamina drains. I’ve never been able to run it all game and most of the time you can hold possession longer than team press anyway.
  • Boommaametw3
    3736 posts National Call-Up
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Bring back second man press but it would be timed like team press so people don't hold it 24/7. Not everything in a game should be automatic. If i a lead 3-0 to 70th min i should win the game, pressure tactics shouldn't hand hold people to come back in a game they got dominated 3/4th of the match. Hand holding mechanics give people a fighting chance against players way better than them.

Better yet defensive stats should matter, if you have Cr7,Mbappe,Messi ,Cruyff they all have low defensive and interception, defensive awareness stats so their "press" shouldn’t be as aggresive as Kante. People play 7 depth press after possession loss 4312 with only 1 cdm and 5 attackers and they all intercept like Kante because AI controls them .

Auto agile dribble, Auto offside traps, Auto GK charge, Auto Blocks, Auto run tracking, auto tackles, overly assisted passing etc. The game is too assisted no wonder it has 0.8 ratings on metacritic
  • Ballerson
    1090 posts Professional
    Agreed. Its one move that triggers an entire team — absolutely no skill- second man press at least one had to use it while controlling a defender, much more skill involved.

I hate the cp or press and detest what it does versus my team in the way of composure & how it gifts 5050 balls to one who has it on.

On the possession abusers, if playing in lag or whatever it is in the ea system, its impossible to get the ball back even in 4334 or 3 at back 10 depth...Switching is usually delayed too..so maybe if ea improved switching it would help a manual pressing game. Pressing is obviously a huge part of rl football, just eas only figured out how to do it automatically...
  • marktko
    438 posts Sunday League Hero
    I always play on balanced and some games its like my players are on constant pressure anyway....

Other times they are constantly social distancing....