You know when you rubberband...

LiamSully
7985 posts League Winner
Doing swaps...
Got the wins...
Need an assist...
I score first, don’t pause, he wants to play on, no problem, move my gk let him score
I kick off, score an OG, ko off again, boot ball to his gk and rubberband my pad...

Come back 10 mins later to messages saying
“Can’t you do any other skills apart from ball roll?”
“Why don’t you just quit”
“You’re [email protected]

This guy seriously thought I was there just ball rolling and he was whipping me 🤣🤣🤣

Comments

• TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    I just band down the left trigger so it's a permanent ball shield.

Seen too many people banding the stick and running the ball into their own goal :D
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    I just band down the left trigger so it's a permanent ball shield.

Seen too many people banding the stick and running the ball into their own goal :D

Use mrs/kids hair ties between R stick and right hand grip, just does a big ball roll and the AI changes direction if goes too close to goal, never conceded an OG since doing it and ball doesn’t go out of play continuously
  • The_giant616
    1573 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did right stick rubber band when 1-0 up once and my opponent took until the 80th minute to get an equaliser. Not sure if that says more about his lack of skill or how OP the defensive AI is 🤔. He celebrated doing the Macarena, so I picked up again and banged in a quick goal. Didn’t want it going to extra time. 😂
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    I just turn my pad upside down and lean it on the right anaolog to achieve the same thing... Haven't faced toxic messages but they are extremely rare on PC
  • SydneyFC
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    just wanna share with the ps4 dudes that you guys dont need to rubber band (which causes drifting in the long run)

you can balance you controller on L1 and R1, it can stand on 2 diff angles, 1 is not pressing the buttons down the other ones does :) easy to figure out

Good luck with your swaps!

• ToiletChimp
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's weird when you get people that properly try hard when it's obvious you're rubber banding or just not playing.

Some guy did it to me when I scored a long range goal for the Bundesliga icon swap (the last obj I needed to do), the guy didn't quit so I let him score a couple of times then rubber banded (to be nice and let him get some objectives done). The guy was then on proper sweat mode trying hard to beat all my defenders trying to get cut backs etc. so I had to keep picking the controller up and take goal kicks, throw ins etc. to get the ball back in play.

I messaged him asking why he was bothering to do that as he'd obviously done all the obj stuff he could do and was just making the game go on longer by constantly shooting and making the ball go out of play and he sent a message back saying I was '❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️', a '❤️❤️❤️❤️ p*ssy' etc. for wasting his time even though he was the one prolonging the game and could've just quit when I scored to save time.

Strange people out there.
  • munchie63
    3851 posts National Call-Up
    wait....what ?

you rubber banded but your oppo was the one wasting time

maybe he thought You were the one making the game last 3mins more than it needed to by rubber banding, ball rolling off for throws etc.
    maybe he thought he would use the time to practice a few moves

If I play someone who rubber bands I will pass the ball round and try a few skill moves. Not to be a pain, but because its a perfect time to try them out

no need for those messages though
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    edited April 2021
    munchie63 wrote: »
    wait....what ?

you rubber banded but your oppo was the one wasting time

maybe he thought You were the one making the game last 3mins more than it needed to by rubber banding, ball rolling off for throws etc.
    maybe he thought he would use the time to practice a few moves

If I play someone who rubber bands I will pass the ball round and try a few skill moves. Not to be a pain, but because its a perfect time to try them out

no need for those messages though

Passing the ball around and trying to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ a defender or two isn't the same as someone going full try hard mode though.

A couple times watching someone go full try hard had made me pick the pad back up and try to rinse them just to show them what's up... But then again I get bored rubberbanding and sometimes start to practice a few skills if the other person puts their pad down. I've had some fun experiances when we both have the objs done and neither need the win so we just dicked around..
  • sparky692005
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I was doing a challenge a while ago, I didn’t need wins. Just to score and play it out, I went out the blocks hard and scored within 10 game minutes. Then put controller down on the L2, and sat there doing stuff on my phone. Got to 87 mins and the oppo finally scored. 1-1. Absolute nightmare, anyway I kicked off went up and scored 90th min goal...the typical Fifa 90 min goal aswell, rebounded off the keeper to my player for a tap in. The oppo lost the plot and managed to score 3 own goals and got kicked on the 92 minuet.

Crazy game
  • PhilT1808
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    You put bands around the controller whilst playing a game. World’s gone mad. 😂😂
  • Domination
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought everybody just faced the controller down... obviously not
  • All4fun1991
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rubber banding is very interesting. Myself I usually just keep playing because I think rubber banding makes it long to finish..But saying that I did rubber band opponents that rubber band me, I usually score all the goals or assists needed and put the rubber band..How about that.😁 A game of none stop ball roll...🤣🤣
  • Gangmember
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    SydneyFC wrote: »
    just wanna share with the ps4 dudes that you guys dont need to rubber band (which causes drifting in the long run)

you can balance you controller on L1 and R1, it can stand on 2 diff angles, 1 is not pressing the buttons down the other ones does :) easy to figure out

Good luck with your swaps!

This blows my mind 😂
    Thanks!