Is Thiago FB better than EoE Rooney or SPOTM Bruno?

Adrew
267 posts Sunday League Hero
Packed Thiago FB untradable. Is he better than EoE Rooney or SPOTM Bruno (both currently in my team) as CM (4321) or CAM (4231)?

Comments

• MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, I packed him last Thursday and sold straight away for 730k. I'm still using red 89 Bruno in midfield as a b2b mid, Rooney is OK but really he's best as a st
  • pes1972
    1615 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thiago before SPOTM Bruno every day of the week. Rooney is better in attack but Thiagos passing and short quick movements is just superb
  • Lackosweat
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Some people might disagree with me but midfielders with M/M work rate are dead unless you're prime / PIM Zidane.
  • joehuk
    7689 posts League Winner
    Thiago is good very good

more fun than Rooney and Bruno...

More effective? Probably not. You need to use get forward instructions on him due to his M/M workrates.

I had him tradable and since doing Vidal was so close dropping him and selling but lucky enough to pack him untradable via player pick.

So can use both without having coins tied up.

Really really fun card tho if you can ultize his burst of speed and skills.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Rooney is my problem y I can’t change my team he is so good at cam or cm for me
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Some people might disagree with me but midfielders with M/M work rate are dead unless you're prime / PIM Zidane.

I agree. It ruins them. Also on most players apart from centre backs. I’d take medium low on Cam and and can get away with a striker but it’s not my preference at all
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Foxsake wrote: »

I’ve just pulled him out Now it was hard but he’s so tough to link mate.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    David12344 wrote: »

I’m sat on 2.6 mill and because off Rooney I’m struggling. Might have to just do it and remove Him.
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    M/M doesn't ruin cards, especially ones that you are going to play as a CM or CDM. If you are talking CM and CDM, I prefer Thiago to both of those guys (I've always hated Bruno and his first touch, it is awful at times).
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    No
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    David12344 wrote: »

I’m sat on 2.6 mill and because off Rooney I’m struggling. Might have to just do it and remove Him.

Loved him but I had to it limited me so much. Now my team is free lol

Can always bring him back he is 93 rated and will last the whole game cycle
  • truegunn3r
    13046 posts World Class
    E4-BDF50-D-56-B8-46-D3-AE16-2-EE9-F3165-F38.jpg
  • Gibiati
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2021
    M/M doesn't ruin cards, especially ones that you are going to play as a CM or CDM. If you are talking CM and CDM, I prefer Thiago to both of those guys (I've always hated Bruno and his first touch, it is awful at times).

Not having high defensive workrates absolutely kills a CDM IMO

Its everyone's biggest complaint with TOTY Kimmich. He basically doesn't track back on defense at all from the CDM spot unless you control him and take him back.

Medium or low defensive workrate on a CDM is one of the worst things you can have on your entire team in regards to workrates. There's no reason dealing with that. You need your CDM to be as inclined as possible to track back automatically, not always feel like you need to babysit him and put him in the right position.
  • Adam_MUFC
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2021
    I have all three in my team (untradeable Thiago) and he is not as good as either. I have Rooney as LAM in order to get Thiago in AMC but Thiago will be SBC'd eventually.

He is very good, just not as good as the other two.
  • Lackosweat
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Adam_MUFC wrote: »
    I have all three in my team (untradeable Thiago) and he is not as good as either. I have Rooney as LAM in order to get Thiago in AMC but Thiago will be SBC'd eventually.

He is very good, just not as good as the other two.

As expected from a United fan but I totally agree with you ;)
  • juliuscaesar8
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rooney is the best. Thiagos passing is far superior, but his work rates are pretty bad. Bruno is the bottom of the list for me.