TwoZebras
6741 posts Big Money Move
90+ attackers there's hundreds btw!

Even CB's with 85+ pace there's only 15

Seems intentional on EA's part

Comments

• alexanderk26
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero
    You don’t need 85+ pace CBS to be able to defend. Obviously if someone is clean through then they are clean through and you blame your self for poor positioning on your defense but realistically. 75-80 pace is more than adequate for a CB

What are you talking about.? You want to tell us that you never seen a fast CB..in real life some CB are faster than attackers...EA would not want this because pace is the meta, but yeah CB can also be 90+ pace in reality.

What I said has nothing to do with fast CB in real life. I was simply stating you do not need 90+ pace cbs to defend in this game.

• DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2021
    I think the point is that the game is based on the premise that attackers are fundamentally faster than defenders, which is completely false in real life. Therefore EA are deliberately manipulating the game to be pace orientated, rather than technique based like real life. It doesn't matter if you don't need 90 pace to defend, if Virgil Van Dijk is faster in real life than Martial (which I suspect he is) he should be faster on FIFA too.

Nothing we can do about it though.
  • Seeleyjs17
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can we look at this more rational? Cbs dont need high pace. Other factors play into hiw well a cb plays and defends. Also a striker with higher pace will not reach that high of speed when dribbling bc he is kicking the ball around which lower cbs still can defend just fine
  • DSM1988
    Seeleyjs17 wrote: »
    Can we look at this more rational? Cbs dont need high pace. Other factors play into hiw well a cb plays and defends. Also a striker with higher pace will not reach that high of speed when dribbling bc he is kicking the ball around which lower cbs still can defend just fine

That's not rational though, that's justifying the irrational approach of EA. Rational is surely that pace in real life is represented in game, when it's actually effectively capped for defenders.
  • DSM1988
    I use Puyol by the way, I don't actually care how fast my defenders are. But I long for a game which isn't manipulated by EA before you even kick off.
  • YouKnowMe
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    10 current players who have notched up the fastest sprints in game in the premier league last year (as of September 2020):

10. Phil Foden
    9. Fred
    8. Shane Long
    7. Maitland Niles
    6. Soyunca
    5. Wan Bissaka
    4. Trezeguet
    3. Greenwood
    2. Adama
    1. Kyle Walker

What does this list tell us? The card value in most cases in nonsense. So who cares.
  • WomboCombo
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect

:lol: Nothing you have ever say is rational kid, including this laughable bit of nonsense.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Why has every thread turned into row !!! Dam Daniel
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Totally agree with op...Centre back pace is not reflective of the real world.
  • Seeleyjs17
    WomboCombo wrote: »

:lol: Nothing you have ever say is rational kid, including this laughable bit of nonsense.

How is it not rational? You can run as fast as kicking a ball as not kicking a ball? How about you stop playing fifa and got outside and actually kick a ball. You will see it is rational
  • DSM1988
    How is it not rational? You can run as fast as kicking a ball as not kicking a ball? How about you stop playing fifa and got outside and actually kick a ball. You will see it is rational

What they're doing isn't relevant - the base stats are acceleration and sprint speed, obviously in game actions affect the application of these but surely the base stats should reflect their actual pace? There's no justification for saying defenders should be sub 90 because strikers who are plus 90 will be slightly slower than that in possession. Your pace is your pace.
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    DSM1988 wrote: »

What they're doing isn't relevant - the base stats are acceleration and sprint speed, obviously in game actions affect the application of these but surely the base stats should reflect their actual pace? There's no justification for saying defenders should be sub 90 because strikers who are plus 90 will be slightly slower than that in possession. Your pace is your pace.

This is exactly it

Attackers are getting faster and faster, but CB's can't be faster than 90
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »

This is exactly it

Attackers are getting faster and faster, but CB's can't be faster than 90

Maybe this is why people are using full backs at centre back. there so fast. Only thing is you can’t get by them lol
  • Seeleyjs17
    Can i come at this from a differnt angle. If we got 90+ cbs its going to be a lot harder to score. Your cbs will be able to catch up with anybody. You will be able to jockey faster and better and if slip behind you will be able to catch up. Skill moves would be less effective too as if you skill the defender he will be able to easy recover. I could see alot of 1 to 0 or 1 to 1 games with higher pace cbs

I get what you guys are saying and agree with you but maybe there is a rational reseaon for it
  • Jamieshore22
    Can i come at this from a differnt angle. If we got 90+ cbs its going to be a lot harder to score. Your cbs will be able to catch up with anybody. You will be able to jockey faster and better and if slip behind you will be able to catch up. Skill moves would be less effective too as if you skill the defender he will be able to easy recover. I could see alot of 1 to 0 or 1 to 1 games with higher pace cbs

I get what you guys are saying and agree with you but maybe there is a rational reseaon for it

So by this extent let’s just get rid of the stats as we are now ok that they aren’t even based in any kind of reality?!

It’s a game so let’s just completely make them up?
  • DSM1988
    edited March 2021

While I get what you're saying, it is effectively just justifying a flaw in the game. The reality is this is one of loads. If passing worked properly, if skill moves were more specific and not just in 5 tiers, if shooting was more manual and a genuine skill, then attacking and defending would be completely different. However I don't think that the appropriate response to issues with gameplay and mechanics is to rig pace. It should surely be fix the gameplay. It's a compounding of errors.
  • oneskyworld
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think we need to be more specific. A lot of elite CBs might not have high sprinting speed, but they are definitely high on burst of speed.
    So EA can give the overall rate as low as it wants, but it should give higher acceleration.
  • starfox1284
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    If there were a lot of 90+ Cbs it would be very difficult for people to get in behind them given the catch-up game mechanic with their defense workrates and defensive stats. If anything this year, the fullbacks all have been given too high of defensive stats that are allowing people to play them at CB along with most players using short and lean body type players vs. the Kluiverts of the game.
  • munchie63
    3995 posts National Call-Up
    You don’t need 85+ pace CBS to be able to defend. Obviously if someone is clean through then they are clean through and you blame your self for poor positioning on your defense but realistically. 75-80 pace is more than adequate for a CB

What are you talking about.? You want to tell us that you never seen a fast CB..in real life some CB are faster than attackers...EA would not want this because pace is the meta, but yeah CB can also be 90+ pace in reality.

yet in real life, Salah, Mane, Rashford, Antonio, Dan James, etc.......all faster than CB's
    unless you count Walker as a CB there are few with that kind of genuine pace. CB's tend to be taller, and naturally slower.
  • Tster101
    458 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Realistically Varane should have 90+ pace but be careful what you ask for 😂
  • Tster101
    458 posts An Exciting Prospect
    YouKnowMe wrote: »
    10 current players who have notched up the fastest sprints in game in the premier league last year (as of September 2020):

10. Phil Foden
    9. Fred
    8. Shane Long
    7. Maitland Niles
    6. Soyunca
    5. Wan Bissaka
    4. Trezeguet
    3. Greenwood
    2. Adama
    1. Kyle Walker

What does this list tell us? The card value in most cases in nonsense. So who cares.

Always see Shane Long on these lists for every year his been in prem and never understand why his got low pace on fifa
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a funny argument...I think EA should stop making 98 pace Mbappe and 99 pace Lozano...when was the last time you play this game on a normal pace without people kicking the ball on the wings to sprint and cutbacks, or don’t you experience opponent spamming through balls the whole game...But I guess EA want to sell cards and pace is the attraction.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up

What game are you playing where you are in charge of defensive positioning when the opponent can ping perfect through balls from the halfway line like it's candy. How you suppose to defend with your 75 pace CBs??
    Ask yourself why pros don't use Desailly,Maldini etc at pro tournaments but use Recce James,Klaiber and co.? The best players don't know how to defend but you can?
  • Jamieshore22
    Sule pace 69 coman 94

Says it all really
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    It’s because people like attackers being faster and ping pong passing with 70 yard through balls.

Last year pace was probably the most balanced when attackers with the ball couldn’t just blow by defenders and everyone complained about it.
  • kraid
    7701 posts League Winner
    munchie63 wrote: »

yet in real life, Salah, Mane, Rashford, Antonio, Dan James, etc.......all faster than CB's
    unless you count Walker as a CB there are few with that kind of genuine pace. CB's tend to be taller, and naturally slower.
    It’s depends on the defender though doesn’t it. They’re not faster then every defender. Van dijk and joe Gomez are the fastest guys at Liverpool apparently.