Chance of 2POTM Messi?

LiamSully
7985 posts League Winner
I don’t want to do it his sbc only to see him win again next month...

Any advice?

Comments

• Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Good chance he will get in and possibly around the same price as current
  • Seeleyjs17
    2052 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think benz has a better chance then messi
  • DAZBOZ
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    Why wait? He's end game already!
  • Neil_14
    3210 posts National Call-Up
    Had 100 games of fun with him that I wouldn't have had if I was waiting for the possibility of a SPOTM that might not happen. Having said that, I completed him pretty much instantly. If I was deciding right now, I would be just as confused as you about what to do. Hope you make the right decision pal, good luck.
  • Thuq
    1384 posts Professional
    I'm in the same boat, really want to do him but would feel bad if he's getting another one in weeks time.
    But then again, might do him and enjoy while i can tbh.
  • Barry Allannnn
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worth noting he's only had 8 potm in his whole career in Spain, Cr7 had 3. It's hard to get potm over there
  • Izzy2K17
    13918 posts Has That Special Something
    I should have enough fodder for the 89, 88 and one of the 85 rated teams but still holding off to see if he wins it this month. Even if he is more expensive that’s a whole other month to grind it out
  • Destin8or
    5683 posts Big Money Move
    Worth noting he's only had 8 potm in his whole career in Spain, Cr7 had 3. It's hard to get potm over there

They definitely have a weird selection system.
    Seems quite political.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you did it now and he did get it again next month, can see it embeing something like an extra 86 or 87 squad just for like +1 upgrade in most areas, so for the price it may be worth doing now. Either that or wait til close to this one expiring and see what his chances are then if you really wanted to wait
  • Destin8or
    5683 posts Big Money Move
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    If you did it now and he did get it again next month, can see it embeing something like an extra 86 or 87 squad just for like +1 upgrade in most areas, so for the price it may be worth doing now. Either that or wait til close to this one expiring and see what his chances are then if you really wanted to wait

Or like bruno, it's the same price.
    EA cant resist burning 1potm owners.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    Destin8or wrote: »

I didn't know on him, had his red 89 already so didn't even look at the potm. I was just going off the gundogan difference
  • Thuq
    1384 posts Professional
    If he's getting a 2nd, when is it due to be released?
  • Izzy2K17
    Thuq wrote: »

end of this week i believe, usually comes our 2-3 days before the current one expires
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Just do it.
  • Thuq
    1384 posts Professional
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Thuq wrote: »

end of this week i believe, usually comes our 2-3 days before the current one expires

I'll probably just wait then. Just a couple of days of wait, pretty chill.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Any new news?
  • Gibiati
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Destin8or wrote: »

I didn't know on him, had his red 89 already so didn't even look at the potm. I was just going off the gundogan difference

That's mostly due to the +2 upgrade compared to the +1

I'd expect Messi to be the same price, maybe 100k more expensive
  • Izzy2K17
    Still holding off until tomorrow, got enough fodder for the 89,88,86,85,84 just one squad short so hopefully if he gets another one it isn’t that much more expensive
  • NinthFall
    2698 posts National Call-Up
    Did the 96 one, if they release a new one I'm skipping that one as they never make it any easier for the ones who did the first one. Poor game design but whatever I enjoy the 96 enough for the rest of the game
  • HyperOCD
    1917 posts Fans' Favourite
    The 96 is already amazing card and super similar to the toty and central
  • rnmays1
    977 posts Semi-Pro
    Is the voting 100% fan voted cos if ea have a say in it I'm sure they'll avoid giving it to messi and just give benzema another card?
  • KSYM72
    1196 posts Professional
    It's irrelevant just do the 96, i'm using that atm and don't see a huge difference compared to the TOTY so any stats boosts the possible 97 gets won't even be noticeable.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    It's irrelevant just do the 96, i'm using that atm and don't see a huge difference compared to the TOTY so any stats boosts the possible 97 gets won't even be noticeable.

You’d be mad to do the 96 if the 97 is coming. Agree if you have the 96 the 97 won’t make a difference to you. You’ll still have a great player on your hands.
  • DannySTFC
    9704 posts League Winner
    I wish they had a separate SBC with an upgrade option for people who’ve done previous POTM.

I love the 96 card and won’t feel bitter if he wins again because my 96 will still be the card it was before, but if there was an option to submit the 96 plus adding something like 750k I’d do it, I know it’s only a +1 but I’d be willing to pay the premium to get him.

Assuming he’s like 2.5m its just not worth it for owners of the first POTM, same with Bruno.
  • Koning Spijker
    3834 posts National Call-Up
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    I wish they had a separate SBC with an upgrade option for people who’ve done previous POTM.

I love the 96 card and won’t feel bitter if he wins again because my 96 will still be the card it was before, but if there was an option to submit the 96 plus adding something like 750k I’d do it, I know it’s only a +1 but I’d be willing to pay the premium to get him.

Assuming he’s like 2.5m its just not worth it for owners of the first POTM, same with Bruno.

Yep, I was glad a few years ago I could put POTM Salah into the next POTM Salah sbc.
  • Delboy13710
    10222 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2021
    That would be great but they wont , I still wouldn't do it for 750k , that fodder can go towards Renato if he gets in
  • limjitwe
    10074 posts Has That Special Something
    Big Benz for potm.