Why don't EA want any CB's with 90+ pace in the game?

TwoZebras
6741 posts Big Money Move
edited March 2021
Another promo, another CB with 80 odd pace and more strikers with 90+ pace

It's no wonder everyone (and me!) play fullbacks at CB

I'm not counting Walker, tbh because he's a fullback with a position change
Post edited by TwoZebras on

Comments

  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    Because it shows how broken the game really is.
  • ha032742
    52126 posts Moderator
    Saving them for TOTS
  • sneaky77
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Because they want people to play drop back fast build counter
  • RadioShaq
    20840 posts Moderator
    Probably because last year everyone complained and wanted attackers to be able to outrun defenders.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Probably because last year everyone complained and wanted attackers to be able to outrun defenders.

    Thank you EA for listening to stupid ideas. Yeah, 99pac should be able to outrun 30 pace defenders, but they shouldn't leave 90 pace defenders in the dust.. they shouldn't have nerved heading while not nerving passing and shooting, this is what created this mess of a "playstyle".
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Probably because last year everyone complained and wanted attackers to be able to outrun defenders.

    It’s more a case of people wanting the cards to play to their stats...or what’s the point in stats
  • NucksNation
    4634 posts National Call-Up
    Actually.. not even a decent CB.. his work rate is bad
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Actually.. not even a decent CB.. his work rate is bad

    Yup. Literally one CB in the whole game that has 90+ pace

    Next fastest is 88 and he's 10 million and the other only links with MLS players
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Well, we will most certanly have more than a few in TOTS.

    80+ ones with shadow seems to be doing fine. Not sure that fullbacks make that much of a difference although it's a "pro" strategy and everybody's doing it.
  • NucksNation
    4634 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Well, we will most certanly have more than a few in TOTS.

    80+ ones with shadow seems to be doing fine. Not sure that fullbacks make that much of a difference although it's a "pro" strategy and everybody's doing it.

    We will but the game has to moved forward evenly.. if there are OP attackers then defenders need to come out too,

    This current totw for example.. one CB and barely usable while there are multiple mid-st that can fit into a team.

    I’ve 4 top fullbacks and only use two for LB/RB if put two others in CB, it will be a wall
  • Diddymow
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Probably because last year everyone complained and wanted attackers to be able to outrun defenders.

    Thank you EA for listening to stupid ideas.

    Seems to be what they do these days now after upping MM to 79 too.
  • Izzy2K17
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    Take me back to fifa 16, where John terry can catch up to Aguero from behind
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    Dont think EA care about the football game

    They have bastardised it and try to make it pretty and a cheer leader sport

    I mean tifios
    Nick names
    Chants
    Dressing up a stadium

    All sorts of crop instead of concentrate on gameplay and worthwhile rewards
  • Laker62
    2401 posts Fans' Favourite
    The problem is strength doesn’t mean ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Neither does positioning. Through ball, goal.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Take me back to fifa 16, where John terry can catch up to Aguero from behind

    Then people complain why is a quick player getting court by terry. Ea can’t win
  • Koning Spijker
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Take me back to fifa 16, where John terry can catch up to Aguero from behind

    Then people complain why is a quick player getting court by terry. Ea can’t win

    Exactly this. I play normal CBs at CB spot. High defensive line and I rarely concede a goal due to pace only.
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa 21 is pretty balanced in rock paper scissors. Only things should improve is long shot and heading.
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa 21 is pretty balanced in rock paper scissors. Only things should improve is long shot and heading.

    And ai blocking not as powerful
  • The_giant616
    1906 posts Fans' Favourite
    The real issue, imo, is that they constantly make players faster throughout the game. Pace should be the only stat that doesn’t increase by much at all because it’s truly unrealistic. Skills, heading, finishing can be improved, but pace can be improved a little irl. If they didn’t keep releasing strikers and midfielders with pace upgrades (especially the ridiculous ones like Kane) the. The game wouldn’t be so much about pace and would be more about passing, skills and other facets of the game.
  • Evilp3te
    283 posts Sunday League Hero
    Everybody complains....oh my mbappe cant outpace his slow centre back. My attacker just gets caught up by his snail of a defender.....

    Oh look...fifa has been fixed....but the community adapts and puts right backs at centre half.

    That's not the games fault. It's only natural that as a game that had a competitive mode that people will look for a way around the actual issue.

    I agree there should be at least a few centre backs with 90 pace plus...but if there was you would just see them in EVERY team in WL.

    The community will always adapt and then blame the game if they dont win.

    The real problem is that real top quality defenders should have attributes that make MORE of a difference than pace.

    Right backs should be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at marking and tackling. Puyol and co should have attributes that outweigh the need for pace.

    I'm sure it will happen one of these years.

  • Arron xox
    4369 posts National Call-Up
    You say everyone hey I don't so not everyone just scrubs who can't defend with CBs use fullbacks
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Fifa 21 is pretty balanced in rock paper scissors. Only things should improve is long shot and heading.

    And ai blocking not as powerful

    It's still pretty bad
Sign In or Register to comment.