FB Hermoso or NIF Varane?

Vanch
1375 posts Play-Off Hero
edited March 26
First off, I know the praise for Varane is real as I've used him for over 700 games now and he's been great. The thing is, with FB Hermoso having just come out I'm wondering if I should swap NIF Varane for him? Hermoso looks decent, but the only issue I can see is his High/Med workrates, which could cause problems as a CB (can it?).

What do you guys honestly think? Putting aside the generic "VARANE IS BEST DEFENDER IN THE GAME!" comments. As I said he's great, I admit that, but with all these new CBs now Varane surely can't still be up there with them all can he?

Comments

• Seeleyjs17
    1046 posts Professional
    I think he would great look at everyone using full backs as cb with those work rates just bc they are faster. He is as fast as aome of those full backs with a hunter
  • colm96
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just got him untradeable. For me there is no point having a cb with H/M, Even H/H is pushing it for me
  • Kingy
    2530 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've used Hermoso for 5 games in Champs and was class, no issues with workrates for me
  • Koning Spijker
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    Seeleyjs17 wrote: »
    I think he would great look at everyone using full backs as cb with those work rates just bc they are faster. He is as fast as aome of those full backs with a hunter

Hunter..... Serious?
  • RabonaFlowers
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    He’s decent but no Varane. Positioning is a little off. Will probably use him mainly as a sub at CDM. Current two CB’s are WIF Smalling and Mid Rio. Honestly not even sure if either of them are better than Varane but got tired of using him. Really disappointing how meta oriented this FIFA is.