From Twitter - An open letter to EA

Pieman25
19070 posts Moderator
Link below for anyone that wants to have a read

Seen some big names are supporting this 1, will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Comments

• TDOF
    7249 posts League Winner
    Communication was actually better before EA direct, when it was just individual accounts instead of the cooperate account which obviously requires some people to approve of whatever it is that they're tweeting.

• grogans_heroes
    2344 posts Fans' Favourite
    1. EA likely feels they owe the community nothing; including explanations, communications, or apologies
    2. They lost me at "the company we once admired". Anyone who has played any EA games has lost admiration for the company at some point soon after they started playing their games. Mine was Madden '98 or '99 when they just did roster updates...
    3. "The Community" will never agree with what is wrong or how to fix it. These "creators" will want (and likely get) something totally different than some player who just wants to pack an ICON or doesn't want to get banned for trading.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    1. EA likely feels they owe the community nothing; including explanations, communications, or apologies
    2. They lost me at "the company we once admired". Anyone who has played any EA games has lost admiration for the company at some point soon after they started playing their games. Mine was Madden '98 or '99 when they just did roster updates...
    3. "The Community" will never agree with what is wrong or how to fix it. These "creators" will want (and likely get) something totally different than some player who just wants to pack an ICON or doesn't want to get banned for trading.

I mean they listed the issues, you just chose not to read them.
  • fussydutchman
    1691 posts Play-Off Hero
    That letter needed a good editor.
  • Team Sam
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    That letter needed a good editor.

I thought the same.

Valid points, but not succinctly put forward.
  • Jdizzle
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I can't bothered to read that, i'm sure as hell EA won't.
  • David12344
    4316 posts National Call-Up
    They will laugh at this. Although I do agree with the letter and everything in it. I just wonder do they actually give two hoots.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    David12344 wrote: »
    They will laugh at this. Although I do agree with the letter and everything in it. I just wonder do they actually give two hoots.

But isn't that the idea behind getting content creators with big followings on it. They've MattHD on there who is a Gamechanger and on their Faceoff stream this Friday for example.

The more interest there is in it the more you'd hope for an official response. A few in here are just mocking it already instead of actually getting behind a community attempt to force change.
  • Mrhey31
    2864 posts National Call-Up
    I read it, and it was good. All fair points, and good al those content creators signed it.
  • IxToMxI
    7612 posts League Winner
    Frustrating and frustrated used in the same sentence as an adjective to two points that’s enough for me to stop
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    Frustrating and frustrated used in the same sentence as an adjective to two points that’s enough for me to stop

No issue on that, if you have Twitter drop him feedback that you feel that way. That's for anyone that thinks it's poor as at least they know the community feeling
  • Noo
    1937 posts Fans' Favourite
    A letter claiming to speak for the community eh?

Not me.

Not a letter as poorly written as this.

1. The market needs dropping or pack weights improving. Remember world Cup mode? Be careful what you wish for...

2. Is this advocating for pay-to-win?

3. Communication could be improved. The letter claims that EA's communications are "far from the truth" without providing evidence, but gives a very poor example of what the writer deems poor communication, the playability of silvers and bronze? . How about mentioning the unexplained refunded packs?

4. You can trade. Some accounts will be banned as they are caught in the net to eliminate coin farming/selling. This can be improved but is an issue that affects very few.

5. Not clear what they are on about here. Buffing pay-to-win again? They want icon SBC's so everyone has endgame players much earlier in the game cycle?

6. Again not saying much, they don't like some aspects of gameplay. Speak to 10 players on the forum and they will give 10nsifferent views on what is too OP and what needs buffed. It's a difficult balance and this year is an improvement on the last two instalments imo.

Poorly written and not speaking for me.
  • Fozberry
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've read his other comments but not the letter.
    End of the day, they are profiting from the game, and it has a massive user base, and despite all this backlash, they still have a massive user base.
    Had this been a energy/telecom/banking firm there would have likely been customers 'talking with there feet'.

In my opinion if they want to be taken seriously, the first step I believe would be a content strike together, don't produce anything, stop promoting the game, ideally during a big promo. Hopefully if they have the pull they think they do, it'll hit EA' s pockets and they'll listen....maybe....
  • Gazmac_868
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bateson and castro forget to sign?? Haha awfully written as already mentioned and I doubt EA will pay it much attention but I suppose fair play to them for trying to at least do something.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Bateson and castro forget to sign?? Haha awfully written as already mentioned and I doubt EA will pay it much attention but I suppose fair play to them for trying to at least do something.

Yeah I appreciate them having a go and posted it for info since they did have a few names so far. Have seen a few say on here they don't use Twitter so miss out on things like this.
  • Jamieshore22
    1324 posts Professional
    What’s Twitter?
  • Retro1989
    5405 posts Big Money Move
    The letter reaching EA's HQ
    tenor.gif
  • Alano0031
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think he's going about this the right way, trying to get support of influential community members to stand as one. Could do with the letter being improved but if this is supported we could all benefit.
  • FifaTraderNM
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lol @EA for saying that you would never see the best 11 players on 1 team anyway.

By that logic:

Have only one of each player in the game. I have never seen Messi vs Messi in real life.

Make good defenders stop fast cheap strikers. Its quite rare for them to go through and score in real life.

Remove packs. Never seen a club pack a Maradona...

Stop with flashbacks? When have you seen that in real life.

The list goes on and on. Its a game lmao
  • Air Diddy
    1354 posts Professional
    The problem is the community that care about these issues is a huge minority when it comes to FUT

1.65 million followers = 0.5% of all FIFA 21 copies sold
  • Sterve
    981 posts Semi-Pro
    I think good on them for having a go.

The bit I don’t get is why EA would give this feedback more credibility than the feedback they get from the growth in microtransactions and game engagement.

Objectively speaking I would guess that a huge percentage of people who complain continue to buy the next fifa, continue their spending habits and play the game extensively. For those that don’t new customers replace them at a greater rate than those that disengage.

At the end of the day as a collective we have the product we have demanded.
  • David12344
    Pieman25 wrote: »

But isn't that the idea behind getting content creators with big followings on it. They've MattHD on there who is a Gamechanger and on their Faceoff stream this Friday for example.

The more interest there is in it the more you'd hope for an official response. A few in here are just mocking it already instead of actually getting behind a community attempt to force change.

I’m not mocking it I like the idea and what’s in there. I just don’t think they will take it seriously or care due to the fact they are not a nice anymore and don’t seem to care about their community
  • MikeTheGoat
    94 posts Park Captain
    TDOF wrote: »
    Communication was actually better before EA direct, when it was just individual accounts instead of the cooperate account which obviously requires some people to approve of whatever it is that they're tweeting.

From the moment Zaro and Corey got hacked it’s been radio silence
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    edited March 24

I’m not mocking it I like the idea and what’s in there. I just don’t think they will take it seriously or care due to the fact they are not a nice anymore and don’t seem to care about their community

No issue, understand what you're saying but I do agree with @Sausagegman1 on people feeding back to the guy if they have access to Twitter. I like anyone trying to get things done and anything constructive, positive or negative, could be useful in what they're trying to do.

If they get no response so be it but if you don't give it a go then there's definitely no response.
  • David12344

No issue, understand what you're saying but I do agree with @Sausagegman1 on people feeding back to the guy if they have access to Twitter. I like anyone trying to get things done and anything constructive, positive or negative, could be useful in what they're trying to do.

If they get no response so be it but if you don't give it a go then there's definitely no response.

Ok I hear you. Cheers I will do that every little helps right !
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

Ok I hear you. Cheers I will do that every little helps right !

Definitely, if you think the points are fine but that you don't think he will get a response put that all in. No reason to leave out things like that if it's what you think
  • TDOF
    7249 posts League Winner
    TDOF wrote: »

From the moment Zaro and Corey got hacked it’s been radio silence

Yeah... even though they obviously were silent a lot of the time but when there was something up they usually would at least answer some questions and so on, not just one statement and close the door.