Tips for managerial masterpiece?

MassofCox
472 posts An Exciting Prospect
Just wondering if anyone has any useful tips for this mode seem to be getting smashed in every single game I play.
Probably played about 20 games today won 2 genuinely don’t know how to stop losing without relegating myself in rivals

Comments

• grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 21
    Centrebacks must be fast enough, not some 75 nobody with 65 pace. Tomori in PL or Serie A squads.

Bench should be 65*3 and around 75s. In some cases you can afford to have someone 76-78 on the bench. Recommend Braian Romero if you need a super sub.

Don't have a very high rated GK, fullback or CDM. It's mostly about attacking players and decent pace in defense.
  • Solari
    2232 posts Fans' Favourite
    whats your team?
    start 65*3 and sub them off for mbappe once kick off
  • grabberpresident
    edited March 21
    Solari wrote: »
    whats your team?

Sometimes it works, other times not. I would quit unless I already scored a cross assist goal, a longshot goal etc.

Got matched up against the same guy 3 times back to back. Quitted all 3 on 0-0.
  • Rasstro
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Depends o. Your play style I try to build a team that is well rounded as much as possible. So no one superstar player. And three bench players for my spine typically a cb (gold Opara is a beast I. This mode) cdm for whatever requirements are and a cam with pace and passing to help break down teams who place all of their best players at the start and full press so by halftime my three subs come on and start to dominate the game. For example on the Giroud when my three subs were Opara, Lerma’s special card and Maddison’s Europa league card.

This gives me the comfort that I can use my starters I. Those positions to shut down the first half of attacks and bring them in to mop up the second half.
  • FIFA86
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't bother with it would be mine, 2-0 up and opposition goes down to ten men (CB sent off) after 20 minutes. 4-2 down after 50 minutes, players suddenly can't pass, shoot or tackle. Disgusting piece of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game
  • NucksNation
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    whats your team?

Sometimes it works, other times not. I would quit unless I already scored a cross assist goal, a longshot goal etc.

Did the same.. he paused and brought mbappe.. I said adios.. 3rd time I was up 1-0.. ended up beating him 4-0 with mbappe
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    2082 posts Fans' Favourite
    This mode is trash
  • Jonboyparker
    7183 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly. I just go all out attack. Both defences will be poor. Go get some goals is my plan in MM. Get them quick and then try to keep the lead.

Personally don’t use subs. I just make a well rounded team around 2 decent players. Pace at the back and front and away you go. I’ll have some good 75 rated subs only to help in the latar stages.
  • grabberpresident
    😄
  • @grabberpresident is bang on ...CBs need some pace and quality...dont be afraid to use a fullback in their if you have to.....ive used dest, mbabu, tavernier, even atal in their to mop up through balls...

I personally avoid rare silvers and put in x3 65’s on the bench as that gives you far more in your first 11...for subs i have x3 IF 75’s which play way above their stats and make great super subs..

Ive found a lot of people have tried to push golden goal in MM....and its caused a bit of a fracture between those wanting wins and those doing objectives....

(As a result) what you’ll find is a lot of the golden goalers will have a top heavy team with every press tactic maxed up to try and blow people away early....best response is have a balanced team keep the ball well and stay in the match...their team will be ruined by HT and you can pick them off in the second half.

• NucksNation
    Here’s the team I’m using and I’ve gone 9-1.. didn’t realize my other EPL objective is also getting done

I’ve beaten toty messi loaner, mbappe, Rashford, martial etc

Stay back cdms and LB/RB.. winters and st stay up

e6f3fc881eb6d9e4579f90380f6c03f3.jpg
  • grabberpresident
    Like your defense, but would have a lower rated GK like Heaton or Henderson and a lower rated RDM like Sissoko. Try to have 1 or 2 quite good players.
  • NucksNation
    Like your defense, but would have a lower rated GK like Heaton or Henderson and a lower rated RDM like Sissoko. Try to have 1 or 2 quite good players.

Nick pope is as needed as any other player in that team.. so we’ll balanced and mcsauce is the goat there
  • David12344
    16925 posts World Class
    whats your team?

Did the same.. he paused and brought mbappe.. I said adios.. 3rd time I was up 1-0.. ended up beating him 4-0 with mbappe

I do this if he brings on loan Mbappe I’m out. Already know what Type of player I’m facing trying to spank your botty with Mbappe (no thanks) in a mode you should really be trying other players. He will spam the balk to him all game and rinse and repeat. Yawn
  • David12344
    16925 posts World Class
    Daniel James and Fredricks from west ham at cb is a must. Sub in opara 75 rated your defence is solid. Tonali 77 is golden. Daniel podance been good to me today. As is good sissoko and ndombele. Full backs who cares lol.
  • NucksNation
    David12344 wrote: »
    whats your team?

I do this if he brings on loan Mbappe I’m out. Already know what Type of player I’m facing trying to spank your botty with Mbappe (no thanks) in a mode you should really be trying other players. He will spam the balk to him all game and rinse and repeat. Yawn

Just spanked a guy 4-1 with red Rashford then brings on mbappe
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    GK is irrelevant, the shooting stats of the STs will be lower unless they have a super striker. Makes no difference though, when they're in the correct shooting position it's always a goal. Stats better used elsewhere.

Figure out their objectives, eg score 15 goals with Reinier: then always cover the pass to him... It's always going that way.

Need speedy full back, decently paced CBs and midfielders with decent pace. To sum up MM you need pace over substance. A very pacey CM(obj Jona Dos santos) from the bench will change a match at halftime.
  • starfox1284
    3606 posts National Call-Up
    Best thing to do is level down to 10 if you dont want to to spend countless hours to get cards thay are absolute trash.....Giroud, Pastore, Neves, etc. Are all crap players. Cucurella is about the only one that wqs worth any grind.
  • I SiR MartY I
    10269 posts Has That Special Something
    65 rated GK as tall as possible, make your subs all 75 rated with decent pace/stamina as you'll need these.

fast full backs at CB, FBs need decent pace too - Spain is probably the best nation for these

Attack needs to have the best players, mids need stamina, ok passing and a touch that isn't like a brick wall, Prem has decent ones for this

Put a tactic on that goes all for attack, high line, high press, swarm your opponent, odds are they are gonna be playing golden goal, so dont plan for a 90 minute game, play to end the game in 30m.

If it lasts longer, get those subs on around 6 and tone the pressure down and play more passive and posession based.
  • Blackbag69
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    I played someone yesterday who subbed in Pope at the start.

it didn't help as i still managed to put 8 past him and i'm not even that good a player
  • john_d_efc
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just buy guys with pace and breezed through Neves and Giroud in a few hours. This is how I lined up (4312/4321):

GK: Henderson 80
    RB: Yedlin 76
    RCB: Fredricks 76
    LCB: Tomori: 76
    LB: Tsimikas
    RCM: Sissoko 79
    CM: Gbamin 78
    LCM: Fred 81
    LF: Fraser 78
    ST: Martial 84
    RF: Daniel James 76

As you can see, all about pace
  • NucksNation
    Here’s the team I’m using and I’ve gone 9-1.. didn’t realize my other EPL objective is also getting done

I’ve beaten toty messi loaner, mbappe, Rashford, martial etc

Stay back cdms and LB/RB.. winters and st stay up

e6f3fc881eb6d9e4579f90380f6c03f3.jpg

Just finished giroud with this team.. 16 games and EPL player is done at the same time with just needing one win

Staying in my div (3)
  • MassofCox
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    All great and useful thanks there’s definitely some things to consider that I didn’t think of. I like the idea of having 75 rated in forms on the bench and full backs at CB. The whole thing of people going constant pressure as well at the beginning also makes perfect sense when I think back to the games I was losing.

I’ll give some of the suggestions a try and see how it goes.
  • IraqBruin
    2229 posts Fans' Favourite
    @grabberpresident is bang on ...CBs need some pace and quality...dont be afraid to use a fullback in their if you have to.....ive used dest, mbabu, tavernier, even atal in their to mop up through balls...

I personally avoid rare silvers and put in x3 65’s on the bench as that gives you far more in your first 11...for subs i have x3 IF 75’s which play way above their stats and make great super subs..

Ive found a lot of people have tried to push golden goal in MM....and its caused a bit of a fracture between those wanting wins and those doing objectives....

(As a result) what you’ll find is a lot of the golden goalers will have a top heavy team with every press tactic maxed up to try and blow people away early....best response is have a balanced team keep the ball well and stay in the match...their team will be ruined by HT and you can pick them off in the second half.
    I have experimented with constant pressure over this weekend, I think I will need therapy afterwards. :joy:

So here is the gist of what I did, I dedicated the max attack setup on the D-Pad to constant pressure depth 7 and fast build up flat 4-4-2, I start the game normal testing what my opponent does, if they start constant pressure from kick off, so will I, it becomes a really ugly game of slugs chasing a ball.

If I am leading and my opponent starts it, I only start using that tactic if he manages to score one back and turn it off if I managed to widen the goal margin again.

If I notice my opponent is not using it then I let his plan and players vs. my plan and players but that has rarely happened.

It is ugly, it is not fun, it is frustrating and I am not sure how people started using it since I have not noticed it before, at least not this frequently.
  • OzzyB
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Golden Goal has turned friendly modes into an utter sweatfest. Constant Pressure from kick-off, Mbappe Loan Subs, anything goes to get that first goal!

Then you get the people who just want to get the objectives done, so you share goals/wins and get it done.

Just no guarantee which player you'll run into, the sweaty Golden Goal chasers or the friendly objective sharer.
  • Dutch3723
    1544 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also - when it comes to gold sbc upgrades that have no chem / rating requirements (81+ etc...) try to keep all your 75/76 key players that you’re going to use in MM further down the line
  • Goodgod10
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you’re not great ten wait til near the end of the objectives timeframe maybe? I tend to do that. A balanced team matters too.
  • Mogga
    2903 posts National Call-Up
    OzzyB wrote: »
    Golden Goal has turned friendly modes into an utter sweatfest. Constant Pressure from kick-off, Mbappe Loan Subs, anything goes to get that first goal!

Then you get the people who just want to get the objectives done, so you share goals/wins and get it done.

Just no guarantee which player you'll run into, the sweaty Golden Goal chasers or the friendly objective sharer.

I was doing the dutch league one at the weekend, had the wins so just needed finesse shots to finish it. Lost a 12-14 goal thriller to some guy who must of been needing prem / french scorers. Them guys are golden
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    I love it when I face teams that have "wasted" their high rated players on goalkeepers and full backs. Played someone the other day with 91 Hart and he was awful, I won 5-0 with my trusty 75 rated Sam Johnstone saving everything.
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    Best thing to do is level down to 10 if you dont want to to spend countless hours to get cards thay are absolute trash.....Giroud, Pastore, Neves, etc. Are all crap players. Cucurella is about the only one that wqs worth any grind.

Yeah why not derank yourself and ruin the game for players who obviously aren't on your level in a sad means to get "absolute trash" cards faster.

This is sad as ❤️❤️❤️❤️, and epitomizes the state of this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ community.

I've contemplated deranking... simply to gift wins to the lesser players, and slap around those that have actually deranked.