Pace to Pace

Andibre
19 posts Last Pick at the Park
This fifa 21 more than the others is worth PACE a lot and it is sad to see excellent cards like the MOMENTS of Puyol, Moore, Baresi, Vidic being left out

Comments

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Same every Fifa tbh, not entirely sure why people convince themselves pace was less important in the past
  • Mr.Romanista
    492 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    Same every Fifa tbh, not entirely sure why people convince themselves pace was less important in the past

I remember 1 or 2 Fifas when everyone complained about their 99 pace forwards getting caught by 70 pace defenders
  • balErik
    1385 posts Professional
    All defenders should get minimum 78 pace. And all strikers should get minimum 85 pace or something, so more of the players can be useable.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

I remember 1 or 2 Fifas when everyone complained about their 99 pace forwards getting caught by 70 pace defenders

I remember when Emineke was more in demand than Ronaldo. Also have seen the same complaints of 70 pace defenders this year from people because that person lost a game.

Having been part of the forums since before this version was even created I can assure you the year may change but the posts remain the same.
  • Andibre
    balErik wrote: »
    All defenders should get minimum 78 pace. And all strikers should get minimum 85 pace or something, so more of the players can be useable.

I think that there’s no need to change the defender’s PACE but to give him intelligence so that those with better defensive attributes can have more combat, more defensive sense… today people have used a side that with little defensive sense does the same thing as a Baresi for example
  • Neil_14
    3076 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021
    I use Vidic, he could do with +5 pace but I will still use him anyway. Absolute legend.
  • sparky692005
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In the prem league, there are slow defenders, and always will be, same there will always be slow forwards. Looking at the spurs team for example. Kane is a donkey at running, but great awareness to get into the correct position. And alderweireld is slow, but gets into great positions to intercept and make a great tackle. But the problem is Fifa. The defenders are not proactive enough like in a real game which makes these slow defenders awful to play in your team.
    Harry Kane can ping a ball 20-30 yards without thinking, but again in the game the passing is that bad makes him unusable. As the game don’t play to his strength.
  • Breaker1987
    1970 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who remembers the Gervinho - Doumbia - Ibarbo combination? xD
  • alexanderk26
    1894 posts Play-Off Hero

Haha I do. Who remembers Nilmar? FIFA 12 legend.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really believe the game could use a dribbling speed stat in addition to the acceleration and sprinting we have now, I also think that left stick dribbling in this game is quite clunky for a football simulation game, it always seems that players have 2 speeds only and I really hope that can be changed somehow.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021

Pace was always important, but in past FIFA games other things were also important, crosses even used to be a thing at one point, but these days pace is all that matters.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    ea can not win in this one , people complained that pace did not matter, so pace then did matter, now people complain that pace limits who you can use , which it does for a lot of people. I just use players who i like really, Not exactly entering competitions :)
  • Andibre
    rmoxon wrote: »

Pace was always important, but in past FIFA games other things were also important, crosses even used to be a thing at one point, but these days pace is all that matters.

that's right PACE is what makes you competitive
  • The_giant616
    1625 posts Play-Off Hero

Esswein was brilliant back in the day
  • Andibre
    leea12345 wrote: »
    ea can not win in this one , people complained that pace did not matter, so pace then did matter, now people complain that pace limits who you can use , which it does for a lot of people. I just use players who i like really, Not exactly entering competitions :)

if you are going to play for fun ok but if you want to be competitive you have to surrender to PACE
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator

Think this is pretty spot on, the patches are all over the place and gameplay changes so much. Would rather EA just picked a type of gameplay and stuck with it, then patch anything that's broken only rather than preference of individuals
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    Andibre wrote: »

yep which is a shame, but it really depends what you want from the game, do i care if i lose ,not really, but i do care about using players i really like , and building a team that i want regardless of the stats. , Its Not like using so called meta players with top pace is going to make me a great player or something :). My level is my level and i want fun over my win ratio any day .

We all want different things from game , i settle for building a team full of players i like , i am using bobby moore, Is he meta not a chance, but a club legend for me , and i get fun using him :)
  • Andibre
    Andibre wrote: »

yep which is a shame, but it really depends what you want from the game, do i care if i lose ,not really, but i do care about using players i really like , and building a team that i want regardless of the stats. , Its Not like using so called meta players with top pace is going to make me a great player or something :). My level is my level and i want fun over my win ratio any day .

We all want different things from game , i settle for building a team full of players i like , i am using bobby moore, Is he meta not a chance, but a club legend for me , and i get fun using him :)

I am thinking that way now I got tired of doing what others do and I started doing what I enjoy in the game and I started to enjoy this experience more
  • al_10
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m using prime Moore and base Vidic as my defenders. Couldn’t care less about this meta thing, I’m still at 2050 SR and finishing Gold 1. I could probably scratch Elite 3 if I changed those two and Suarez, but as I said I couldn’t care less, I’m having more fun this way.

Will be doing Puyol as soon as I have fodder again to build a past/present Barça squad also.