Make FIFA Great Again!

Stav93
966 posts Semi-Pro
edited March 2021
I'd like to preface this thread by saying I largely think Fifa 21 is OK and better than 20 and 19. However it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the game is still in drastic need of change going forward. The current model is outdated, and it seems every year people are losing interest earlier and earlier.

So. I'd like to hear some ideas from you, that could save the franchise going forward. Some ideas that if you had the power, you'd introduce into Ultimate Team. I'll start with a couple of mine, and add any good ones to the post, maybe we'll strike lucky and some big wig will see this... And then ignore everything we say 😂 Don't ask, don't get though!

Anyways, these are things I'd like to see introduced into Ultimate Team.

1. Reduce/Remove custom tactics. Fairly self explanatory. Custom Tactics are too easily manipulated and copied to the point where every game feels the same. I'd like to see different styles of play, but more focus on work rates and defense and offensive positioning.

2. Remove Assisted controls in WL Potentially for Rivals too, but 100% WL should be played with semi controls on everything. It is at the end of the day a competitive game mode and there should be margin for error. Those stupid 70 yard through balls down the line we see everygame? Soon be solved with a lack of assisted controls. It creates a skill gap if nothing else.

3. Revamp Rewards. I honestly think this is the most important thing that needs changed. Having a nice competitive WL with a skill gap is peaches and cream until the same outdated crappy reward system is still in place. We need to have Promo cards in Red Picks year round with a similar system to TOTS ie; Gold 2 = Guaranteed pick etc. No promo? Cool red picks become TOTW, and it gives people a choice to take a weekend off or whatever. Division Rivals rewards could use looked at too. I can't really understand how Div 1 Rank 3 can be worse than Div 4 Rank 1, it's like Scunthorpe winning League 2 and getting more prize money than Burnley for finishing 12th in the Premiership 😂

And finally...
4. Top Tier Icon SBCs from the word go. This will never happen because money, but I see no reason why they can't have Moments R9 and Moments Gullit etc as SBCs from release. Make them really really really expensive, like 92 and 93 rated squads expensive, but have them there to work towards throughout the cycle. Content Creators want to complete them in October, then fine, make them submit CR7, Mbappe and all that jazz, but for the casual it's something to work towards, and for Pros they have the best cards accessible to them if they want to spend a fortune to get them.

Those would be top of my wish list, some a bit out there, some others I think quite reasonable, can't wait to hear some of your thoughts too.

Let's make this damn game enjoyable again!!

Comments

• rclarkson23
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d like to see the new objective requirements be more flexible, so rather than forcing you to play hundreds of games in managerial masterpiece to unlock cards, have the option that you rivals and squad battles also count - that way everyone can play the modes they enjoy the most with the players they want to use!

I liked the friendly modes at the start but it got to the point you can’t actually use any more than 1 card you have unlocked alongside low rated players.

Draft mode weekend league!

I find the current draft really difficult, seems like it’s all div 1 players who play so pretty much get knocked out first round every time.

Having a draft weekend league once a month or something around big promos that included those players and icons and you used them for the weekend league would be fun. (It’s a great way to try players you maybe wouldn’t get the chance to use) and I would also pay some coins for entry for a 30 game WL.

Remove the Rivals and weekend league points, make rivals a midweek league and a separate tournament.

More live cards, that are linked to real life games are fun like the showdowns and what if cards (think selection not been great but idea is good)

Remove the possibility of packing a duplicate player of you already have them untradeable - this had got to be the most frustrating element in the game - packing a dupe ICON after using all your players makes you want to quit the game not play it - surely for the well-being and morale of the player base this is a no brainier!

Have players that can be upgraded based on playing FUT, so say you had an attacking player special card and he could get a +2 OVR after 500 team goals scored. A defender or GK a +2 OVR after 100 clean sheets. Would make the game fun and worthwhile grinding.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    I like your ideas mate. We all want a great game. We all love Fifa or at least the idea of it. And what’s best for the player base.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’d like to see the new objective requirements be more flexible, so rather than forcing you to play hundreds of games in managerial masterpiece to unlock cards, have the option that you rivals and squad battles also count - that way everyone can play the modes they enjoy the most with the players they want to use!

I liked the friendly modes at the start but it got to the point you can’t actually use any more than 1 card you have unlocked alongside low rated players.

I find the current draft really difficult, seems like it’s all div 1 players who play so pretty much get knocked out first round every time.

Having a draft weekend league once a month or something around big promos that included those players and icons and you used them for the weekend league would be fun. (It’s a great way to try players you maybe wouldn’t get the chance to use) and I would also pay some coins for entry for a 30 game WL.

Remove the Rivals and weekend league points, make rivals a midweek league and a separate tournament.

More live cards, that are linked to real life games are fun like the showdowns and what if cards (think selection not been great but idea is good)

Remove the possibility of packing a duplicate player of you already have them untradeable - this had got to be the most frustrating element in the game - packing a dupe ICON after using all your players makes you want to quit the game not play it - surely for the well-being and morale of the player base this is a no brainier!

Have players that can be upgraded based on playing FUT, so say you had an attacking player special card and he could get a +2 OVR after 500 team goals scored. A defender or GK a +2 OVR after 100 clean sheets. Would make the game fun and worthwhile grinding.

You want objectives back in rivals? Did you not play the game last year?!!
  • rclarkson23
    299 posts Sunday League Hero
    [/quote]You want objectives back in rivals? Did you not play the game last year?!![/quote]

I want the option to do objectives in multiple modes, I agree having it just in rivals caused its own problems but if I’m playing rivals or squad battles what’s wrong with ticking off a few objectives along the way?

Managerial Masterpiece is just as bad as Rivals last year with worse teams!
  • GTaylor
    1096 posts Professional
    I've always felt that you should be rewarded for using players for long periods of time. Score 200 goals with the same player in rivals gifts a pack, 300 goals give a free red pick, 500 goals gives the player a plus 2 overall and 1000 goals gives a 90+ player pick.

Same with assists or clean sheets. Just makes the game far more grindable and keeps you wanting to play it more.
  • The_giant616
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    If this campaign is going to be anything like making America great again, it’s a firm no from me.
  • Stav93
    966 posts Semi-Pro

Draft mode weekend league would be the coolest thing!! Sadly it'll never happen haha but that's just the sort of whacky shiz that could really refresh this franchise!!

I also agree re duplicates, I just wish they'd bring back the duplicate storage they had in the WC mode in 18 😭
  • Stav93
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    If this campaign is going to be anything like making America great again, it’s a firm no from me.

I promise not to build any walls around neighboring Spanish speaking countries in my quest... 😬
  • mihneabs
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cringest post this week
  • I just want have a great connection
  • Sequence1986
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    First thing to do to make this game remotely enjoyable again is decent gameplay. Does gameplay stink at the moment,boy.

I'm a div1, rank1 player. Every team I play against is purely countering. Due to the isanely bad passing system in fifa 22 that's the only way to play.

40 yard r1/rb passing
    is always spot on.
    4 yard throughballs are not.

This game is SOOOOOO F****** bad. After 24 years of Fifa this will truely be my last installment.

GG EA
  • nufcMarcus1984
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stav93 wrote: »
    I'd like to preface this thread by saying I largely think Fifa 21 is OK and better than 20 and 19. However it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the game is still in drastic need of change going forward. The current model is outdated, and it seems every year people are losing interest earlier and earlier.

So. I'd like to hear some ideas from you, that could save the franchise going forward. Some ideas that if you had the power, you'd introduce into Ultimate Team. I'll start with a couple of mine, and add any good ones to the post, maybe we'll strike lucky and some big wig will see this... And then ignore everything we say 😂 Don't ask, don't get though!

Anyways, these are things I'd like to see introduced into Ultimate Team.

1. Reduce/Remove custom tactics. Fairly self explanatory. Custom Tactics are too easily manipulated and copied to the point where every game feels the same. I'd like to see different styles of play, but more focus on work rates and defense and offensive positioning.

2. Remove Assisted controls in WL Potentially for Rivals too, but 100% WL should be played with semi controls on everything. It is at the end of the day a competitive game mode and there should be margin for error. Those stupid 70 yard through balls down the line we see everygame? Soon be solved with a lack of assisted controls. It creates a skill gap if nothing else.

3. Revamp Rewards. I honestly think this is the most important thing that needs changed. Having a nice competitive WL with a skill gap is peaches and cream until the same outdated crappy reward system is still in place. We need to have Promo cards in Red Picks year round with a similar system to TOTS ie; Gold 2 = Guaranteed pick etc. No promo? Cool red picks become TOTW, and it gives people a choice to take a weekend off or whatever. Division Rivals rewards could use looked at too. I can't really understand how Div 1 Rank 3 can be worse than Div 4 Rank 1, it's like Scunthorpe winning League 2 and getting more prize money than Burnley for finishing 12th in the Premiership 😂

And finally...
    4. Top Tier Icon SBCs from the word go. This will never happen because money, but I see no reason why they can't have Moments R9 and Moments Gullit etc as SBCs from release. Make them really really really expensive, like 92 and 93 rated squads expensive, but have them there to work towards throughout the cycle. Content Creators want to complete them in October, then fine, make them submit CR7, Mbappe and all that jazz, but for the casual it's something to work towards, and for Pros they have the best cards accessible to them if they want to spend a fortune to get them.

Those would be top of my wish list, some a bit out there, some others I think quite reasonable, can't wait to hear some of your thoughts too.

Let's make this damn game enjoyable again!!

our stop letting the people who complain its to hard to change things. Pre patch was good but people cried and then EA changed it all and now its fifa 21 .2
  • Wizbit81
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im quite liking this fifa. Despite 500 defeats im now closing in on div 1 and not broken a single controller in the process. My only gripe is the pack luck that some accounts seem to have. Mine is awful! I pack nothing so my team is kind of stuck as it is. Would love to try some new players out but im done spending money on points now. If I dont get something soon I will be bored by christmas and try something else
  • vesprino
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First thing to do to make this game remotely enjoyable again is decent gameplay. Does gameplay stink at the moment,boy.

I'm a div1, rank1 player. Every team I play against is purely countering. Due to the isanely bad passing system in fifa 22 that's the only way to play.

40 yard r1/rb passing
    is always spot on.
    4 yard throughballs are not.

This game is SOOOOOO F****** bad. After 24 years of Fifa this will truely be my last installment.

GG EA

this and the pay to win this year, the difference between 'good' and 'top' players this year is insane and with how hard it is to make coins you're stuck either doing icon sbcs/picks or spending money