Same Icon back to back to back (Response from EA)

Comments

• Bags
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    DasPonyboy wrote: »
    Goodgod10 wrote: »
    Not a chance that it’s random. Getting this player 3 times in a row proves it. Clearly allocated a card to accounts and it’s just given the same pack over and over

Jadon Sancho in the guaranteed Tots last year proved it

No, that just proves his pack weight was high. Everyone was getting him. This is different per account. We know they weigh cards differently in the pack, probably based on average sale price in the last week or something
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    It isn't luck at all getting the same icon 3 times in a row. It's serious be

Rubbish response from them as well
  • Mattheos
    1834 posts Play-Off Hero
    I though my luck was bad, when I got the only 2 mid icons I have back to back as dupes (Zanetti and Veron). But this takes the cake.
  • abhreebhu_45
    9655 posts Has That Special Something
    Last year I pulled winter refresh ake from a party bag,,dumped him in 2nd party bag,n in came ake again

Forgot that
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    Would the odds technically be different though if say someone before the first pack said they wanted Scholes, lampard and limanen and that's exactly what they got?

Each pack has set odds for each based on weight, the trio above wouldn't be too surprising to pull and would only be noticed if someone actually predicted pulling them.

Op obviously didn't want 3 klose but has made a thread because of his extremely bad luck at getting him 3 times.

It's ❤️❤️❤️❤️ luck but for each pack klose would be one of the easier to pull.

My mate recently packed Pele, r9 and gullit all untradeable, I couldn't believe it :D
  • francisco2094
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And yet, people still LOVES to gamble with Icon packs...

This is the reason why we are getting so much gambling, and less Icon SBC's.
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    Denz wrote: »
    Would the odds technically be different though if say someone before the first pack said they wanted Scholes, lampard and limanen and that's exactly what they got?

Each pack has set odds for each based on weight, the trio above wouldn't be too surprising to pull and would only be noticed if someone actually predicted pulling them.

Op obviously didn't want 3 klose but has made a thread because of his extremely bad luck at getting him 3 times.

My mate recently packed Pele, r9 and gullit all untradeable, I couldn't believe it :D

To be fair I'm not complaining about getting Klose in particular....I just found it weird to get the same card 3 times. If it was Gullit or R9 3 times I still would have made the thread. Also the point of the thread was to bring to light the response I got from EA chat. Granted I understand the comments many have made suggesting that chat have no idea what they are talking about, but this type of thing is happening to many others it seems and the response from EA help just raises an eyebrow to the entire "it's just luck" conversation.
  • Moose Factory
    6064 posts Big Money Move
    oldboiler wrote: »
    That’s no coincidence, it’s just another example of a horribly manipulated game

Yeah exactly it isn't a coincidence. It's a mess of a game riddled with bugs and glitchy servers. I did 3 in a row and pulled prime Hugo Sanchez, prime Beckham, and prime Roberto Carlos. They should make an exception for people who pull 3 of the SAME icon! At least compensate you with a mid or prime icon player pick pack ffs.

Also, never trust a Jenifer with only one N in her name.
  • Mooncloud
    58 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2021
    I've had gold Bruno Ferandes 3 times in the last month from a single player +75 pack,only good player I've packed all year,from any packs.
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021
    3 I opened months apart last year I pulled 3 different versions of pirlo lol definitely nothing strange there
    If packs were random the odds on that must be massive
    Imo Definitely nothing random about it I'd never do an icon sbc again unless it's from swaps
    They need to give atleast a quick sell value from duplicate icons its way to expensive to do to get absolutely nothing back if u get dup
  • Loco_kniene
    2669 posts Fans' Favourite
    In no way it's about luck. It's absolutely rigged. I just opened 4 mid/prime packs and packed Prime Del Piero and Prime Pirlo twice. So 2 duplicates in 4 packs. I'm not even gonna rage about it 🤣
  • Ben
    5467 posts Big Money Move
    In no way it's about luck. It's absolutely rigged. I just opened 4 mid/prime packs and packed Prime Del Piero and Prime Pirlo twice. So 2 duplicates in 4 packs. I'm not even gonna rage about it 🤣

The fact they were all Italian wasn’t random either .
  • Loco_kniene
    edited March 2021
    @Ben luckily I cba with it anymore, hence why I did the icon packs, but this is hilarious 🤣🤣

Did another one with that dupe Del Piero, guess what another italian. Zambrotta 🤣🤣🤣🤣 No way packs are random out of 5 mid/prime packs all where italian 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • jimcwx
    60 posts Park Captain
    Trash company with trash hiring policies that leads to trash employees that just make ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up as they go, what else do you expect from them?
  • Ben
    5467 posts Big Money Move
    @Ben luckily I cba with it anymore, hence why I did the icon packs, but this is hilarious 🤣🤣

No worries , the sooner this game mode disappears the better.
  • Frauenarzt
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've packed the same icons in sbcs for three years in a row, Socrates, Ronaldinho, Zola, Schmeichel, Rijkaard and Butragueno.
    And in fifa 21 I've packed two mid eto'o and two mid Ronaldinho, all four untradeable.
    It can't be just about luck.
  • PaulDr
    2736 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pack weight varies from day to day, so it’s not a terrible suggestion from the advisor
  • PaulDr
    2736 posts Fans' Favourite
    I packed verratti in three consecutive party packs though, obviously spaced out over several weeks so no guarantees that waiting a few days will help
  • Loco_kniene
    @PaulDr but what are the odds of packing 2x Prime Pirlo and 2x Prime Del Piero out of 4 packs within 5 minutes 😂😂
  • MassofCox
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect

Why is that they are easier to pull? Surely a guaranteed icon pack should be exactly that you should have the same odds of pulling every single icon why should different icons have different pack weights?
  • RabonaFlowers
    66 posts Park Captain
    Got Giggs three times in a month last year. Veron I packed twice, sure there was another duplicate but can’t remember who. Packed Veron again last month and I’ve avoided icon SBC’s since as I don’t think I could handle getting him again.
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    @Loco_kniene lmao oh man EA have you on the Italian trip
  • 4dvz
    1063 posts Professional
    edited March 2021
    wow ive been wondering if i should do the prime icon lottery pack but maybe i will just do nedved, ballack or some other moments icon they release in sbc soon this indeed does seem strange
  • golazo
    2226 posts National Call-Up
    I jus did the prime pack. Have my own tin foil regime to open packs lol. But after the second same player. I would’ve stopped personally. Jus something I tend to do if I get same players repeatedly.
  • Chavez76
    9467 posts League Winner
    didnt get dupes from prime and mid/prime but getting deco (prime) and okocha (mid) was close to the worse outcome as well.

Another reason why I never did these before, and now also questioning my decission to save the swaps for the prime or moments pack ..

• Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021
    MassofCox wrote: »

Why is that they are easier to pull? Surely a guaranteed icon pack should be exactly that you should have the same odds of pulling every single icon why should different icons have different pack weights?

Well rating and market value.

Generally the higher the rating the rarer the card.

EA want the more in demand ones to be rarer. I don't know the inner workings but I've always assumed the weight is partially attached to market price, there's a reason you will pull some 84's or whatever rating, far more than others.

Mendy is fairly lowly rated and despite all the packs I've ripped through league sbc's I've got him once and most other 83's a hundred times.
  • MassofCox
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect

EA want the more in demand ones to be rarer. I don't know the inner workings but I've always assumed the weight is partially attached to market price, there's a reason you will pull some 84's or whatever rating, far more than others.

Mendy is fairly lowly rated and despite all the packs I've ripped through league sbc's I've got him once and most other 83's a hundred times.

I understand that for normal packs but for a guaranteed version of a card pack (icon or promo card) in terms of fairness the whole pack weight thing shouldn’t exist. They should make it so that every icon has the same chance of being packed. It’s not like the normal packs where there’s a less than 1% chance it should be 100% chance of any icon regardless of their market value
  • Chavez76
    9467 posts League Winner

I understand that for normal packs but for a guaranteed version of a card pack (icon or promo card) in terms of fairness the whole pack weight thing shouldn’t exist. They should make it so that every icon has the same chance of being packed. It’s not like the normal packs where there’s a less than 1% chance it should be 100% chance of any icon regardless of their market value

Interesting POV, but it aint coded that way.
  • xCDHx
    1080 posts Professional
    I think it is just bad luck. They crappy icons have a higher chance of getting crafted.
    e.g. it shouldn’t happen but my cousin rolled five 1’s out of 6 dice and we lost on a board game.
  • Chavez76
    9467 posts League Winner
    xCDHx wrote: »
    I think it is just bad luck. They crappy icons have a higher chance of getting crafted.
    e.g. it shouldn’t happen but my cousin rolled five 1’s out of 6 dice and we lost on a board game.

its possible indeed. Plus, people are more likely to vent on a forum after a crappy pull than after getting a great one. Should take that into concideration as well.

But still, I dont believe the chances of getting a Pele from a guaranteed icon pack are the same as getting Lineker, Gatusso or Okocha