EA employees are the ones selling accounts and players on the "black market"

TDOF
8998 posts League Winner
edited March 2021
There's a theory going around that EA employees are actually the people who are loading people's accounts.

The icons are untradeable and being given out for thousands of dollars, loaded onto their accounts.

Post edited by TDOF on

Comments

• TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Stav93 wrote: »
    Yeah when the media gets a hold of this and it goes mainstream, it will be a field day for them, I can't wait.

Hopefully be the straw that breaks the camels back and they start making these cards obtainable for everyone. A truly shocking state of affairs.

It's just being able to actually prove it. The employees are going to get sacked at a minimum.
  • Stav93
    978 posts Semi-Pro
    TDOF wrote: »
    Yeah when the media gets a hold of this and it goes mainstream, it will be a field day for them, I can't wait.

Hopefully be the straw that breaks the camels back and they start making these cards obtainable for everyone. A truly shocking state of affairs.

It's just being able to actually prove it. The employees are going to get sacked at a minimum.

All it takes is one of those sacked to play whistle-blower and the whole things blows up. This is big money too, we're talking 1000s per card, curious what the next step is!
  • RobotMajomInas
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2021
    Nothing is going to happen guys.
    What do you think, what will Ea say: Ohh we are going to investigate who sold these things and we are going to punish them.
    Most likely they will send a message like:
    We are apologize for it bla bla bla and that's it.
    They sell thousands of packs they generate billions even though the game is broken and if it wouldn't be broken the "life span " of the game is only 1 year but the players are buying packs like their life depends on it.
    So as long as the community is a bunch of sheep EA can do whatever they want.
    What is going to happen is:
    EA will release a promo and sell all the promo packs under a minute and earn a couple of millions.
  • Kaptentegel
    1542 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont get it. Is there people who pay real money to someone for a card and then get it transfered to his account?
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up

All it takes is one of those sacked to play whistle-blower and the whole things blows up. This is big money too, we're talking 1000s per card, curious what the next step is!

They can't. They make them sign an NDA and it's still in effect after they leave EA. They could get sued or go to jail for talking. Plus if you think $1000 is expensive. News flash it would well over at least $15000 to play with the best card on the game. Just look how much Castro, Bateson spend and they still can't afford the best team.
    Even if you had 60 mill liquid you can't snipe them because they are extinct
  • Okocha10
    1015 posts Professional
    Ultimate team needs shutting down if this is case, worse scandal what’s happened since ultimate team started. No wonder they made it less accessible to get Icons, just goes to show how much EA staff care about the community & the game entirely when there trying to make side money off the money there actually earning from the company. It’s definitely true with the amount of evidence what’s come out
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    I dont get it. Is there people who pay real money to someone for a card and then get it transfered to his account?

Yes, thousands. There was a PIM Gullit that sold for 3k (real money) few days ago @Kaptentegel
  • Thefranchise92
    6636 posts Big Money Move

Yes honestly it makes more sense than buying FP, but both make no sense at all.
  • Boysie91
    15001 posts World Class
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    People are crazy spending money on fifa players especially at those prices 😂

Lol yeah. I blame the people who are buying them tbh

Seriously , unless your a multi millionaire , why spend your money on a broken game that lasts for about 8 months then resets lol

I both EA and the buyer are as bad as each other
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    It exists shady employees all over the world so wouldn’t be shocked if there was some truth to this or that some is involved in coin selling.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner

Yes, thousands. There was a PIM Gullit that sold for 3k (real money) few days ago @Kaptentegel

How do you know?
  • Oliver Powell
    3130 posts National Call-Up

They can't. They make them sign an NDA and it's still in effect after they leave EA. They could get sued or go to jail for talking. Plus if you think $1000 is expensive. News flash it would well over at least $15000 to play with the best card on the game. Just look how much Castro, Bateson spend and they still can't afford the best team.
    Even if you had 60 mill liquid you can't snipe them because they are extinct

You don’t know what an NDA is.
  • Okocha10
    1015 posts Professional
    Majority of the accounts who have been buying these prime icon moments players from EA are from rich countries like Qatar etc like bloody Sepp Blatter the EA Version 😂
  • Stav93
    978 posts Semi-Pro
    Screenshot-20210310-151742-com-twitter-android.jpg

This is legit btw. Dude what!?
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    LiamSully wrote: »

How do you know?

There was an ebay transaction posted under the "sold section" few days ago, i posted it in another thread. @LiamSully
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    Screenshot-20210310-151742-com-twitter-android.jpg

This is legit btw. Dude what!?

Wtffffff
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Imagine paying them that much to have a player from March until the new game is released mental.

But funniest part was I clicked the tweet and one of the comments saying I nearly got my account banned for having a team name ‘don’t touch Matip’ was hilarious
  • Neil_14
    I smell bans coming to keep this undercover....
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Okocha10 wrote: »

Wonder if there'll be more legal trouble with this now too, if lawyers pick it up

• Neil_14
    edited March 2021

Wow. Good on Nick for sharing it, it's his livelihood, EA will have to "investigate" this. No one likes a cheat. Except a cheat.
  • Kaptentegel
    1542 posts Play-Off Hero
    Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ if this is true.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Not surprised at all. It is so easy to do if you have access to database, and I don't think that someone is really is bothering to make sure that there's no shady things like this happening
  • TDOF wrote: »

Wonder if there'll be more legal trouble with this now too, if lawyers pick it up

Think this just drives the courts to ban loot box’s and packs. Ea dug themselves a hole now have to pay the consequences