Van Der Sar

Cosmic99
633 posts An Exciting Prospect
Has anyone used his baby - mid - prime icon?
With the way GKs are this year am I better off just going with the 87?
I need a Dutch GK and the next best option is Cillessen

Comments

• rmoxon
    3467 posts National Call-Up
    Van der Sar is one of the best keepers in game because of his height.

It’s arguable how much other stats matter, although the fact that Glove is the go too chem style this year makes me think you’d want his prime, to get the reflex boost.
  • Krik
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree, in my experience tall goalkeepers play a lot better that the short ones, even if they have low rating. I got prime VDS in the mid/prime icon pick (probably an L, but whatever), haven't tried him yet though.
  • Rainaz
    901 posts Semi-Pro
    I got him in my Icon pp. He's OK nothing special over any other keeper. They are all the same
  • Cosmic99
    Thanks for the feedback 👍
  • Neil_14
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great for me during good connection and like all goalkeepers, let's in silly goals during bad connection. Goalkeepers are the most unreliable position however I got love for VDS, certainly much better than the great Dane and on par with TOTY Neuer in my experience.
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    the mid is bettter than the prime and its cheapper

off the top of my head the Mid has better jumping, reactions, agility, passing etc

• greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Using baby for >300 games. Other GKs used this year: Courtois, IF Casteels, IF Ederson, Alisson, MATS, whole bunch of lower rated ones.

Safe to say that I did not feel any difference at all, just use the GK with the links/traits you need.
  • Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move
    Haven't noticed a difference in any keeper at least 82 rated.
    Under that they do drop off in quality.
    I think the game would grind to a halt if high rated keepers started saving everything.
    I'm using Base Big Pete for chem atm, I won't change him unless I need a green link or something like that, the rest go into sbcs.
  • Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move
    Have to laugh at paying out for expensive keepers or doing a keeper sbc like Joe Hart.
    Fair enough if he's your childhood hero or you need that specific keeper for chem.
  • Cosmic99
    So overall consensus is don't waste coins on VDS and stick with Cillessen
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    So overall consensus is don't waste coins on VDS and stick with Cillessen

Absolutely