most people not playing the 30 games anymore?

what3v3r
958 posts Professional
I have around 20 people as friends on PSN that play WL, all of them good players, we added each other because we had good games. On Fifa 19 and 20 they were all playing the 30 games and most getting elite 3 and a few of them getting Elite 1. Now, whenever I check the WL results, I see they often skip a few WLs and when they enter they play to silver 1 or gold3. Rarely they play more than 17 games. Does anyone else notice the same thing?

Comments

• colm96
    308 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seeing my brother finish up in gold 3/2 while I’m finishing in gold 1/elite 3 at the start of the season killed it for me. He was getting some of the top choices and I was getting the worst.

Normally play till 14-17 now and call it quits with 8 or so games remaining.
  • RangerCraig
    3107 posts National Call-Up
    I stop on 11 to 14 wins. Depending on dc etc lol
  • rmoxon
    3197 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not worth getting any more than 14 wins.

The extra stress is not worth the slightly better chance of rewards.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    maybe the rewards are not worth the grind for them to finish all 30. 10 games means saving 3 hours
  • All4fun1991
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is funny that my friend list no one played this past WL..The reason I stopped myself is because of the competitiveness. if I was playing people around my own skill level would be fine. But there’s no way to enjoy WL, sometimes every match feels like the last one aggressive and pressurised tactics....Weekend league should be grouped into division and the highest rewards goes to the highest ranks. Not having the mismatch where div1 play against div 6 or 7...
  • FifaProDK
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    30 rival games on a thursday to get rank 1 is a game killer.
  • Fifapayne
    4964 posts Big Money Move
    colm96 wrote: »
    Seeing my brother finish up in gold 3/2 while I’m finishing in gold 1/elite 3 at the start of the season killed it for me. He was getting some of the top choices and I was getting the worst.

Normally play till 14-17 now and call it quits with 8 or so games remaining.

It’s random...has nothing to do with ranks
    I haven’t finished a weekend league this year.
    And haven’t packed anything good from G3
  • Vezzo
    1526 posts Play-Off Hero
    I haven't played WL since october/november. It ruined my weekends and just stopped.
  • Jt77
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 8
    I stopped playing WL for about 10 weeks, played the last 2, got to 11 wins first one back with 6 games left and could be bothered to keep going, similar this weekend, but got to 11 with 12 games left, won the next to sit on 12 then my team just no longer wanted to play, tried a couple more games and it was awful gameplay so just gave up.
  • Jamieshore22
    1412 posts Professional
    I stop on 11 to 14 wins. Depending on dc etc lol

Same
  • Mamba24
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited March 8
    Red picks are dead and pack weight is horrific.

You’ll get the same rubbish from Elite 3 that you’ll get from Gold 3, it’ll just come in different packaging as it’s currently all based off luck.

The whole system needs overhauling to give an incentive to finish higher so that you get guaranteed better rewards for finishing higher.

Get rid of just TOTW picks and do something along the lines of Gold 3 = 3x 84+ player picks, Elite 3 = 3x 86+ player picks. That way you can pack promo cards and useful fodder rather than just dead TOTW cards.
  • RadioShaq
    18553 posts Moderator
    There is so many games to play. I remember when everyone was mad they wanted to play the 30 wl games then play the 30 rivals separate. You also have 40 sb and 40 friendlies a week.
  • Buzzbuzz
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 8
    I'm deffo going to stop at 14 wins from now on

The amount of BS and stress in the last 5-10 games is unreal
  • The_giant616
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is funny that my friend list no one played this past WL..The reason I stopped myself is because of the competitiveness. if I was playing people around my own skill level would be fine. But there’s no way to enjoy WL, sometimes every match feels like the last one aggressive and pressurised tactics....Weekend league should be grouped into division and the highest rewards goes to the highest ranks. Not having the mismatch where div1 play against div 6 or 7...

People would smurf and ruin that too. This community will find any loophole to exploit for easy wins.
  • YidArmy
    1836 posts Play-Off Hero
    2 factors;

The gameplay is generally terrible and there's not much fun to be had in the state that it's in. The first couple of months people are excited about the new game and building a new team, then as usual everyone realises the gameplay itself is a mess and the 'new release' effect drops off.

Second reason is that getting a higher rank doesn't get you better rewards. At this stage of the game, most hardcore players only want big multi million pound cards to improve their team. Getting a higher finish doesn't get you anything better, so you may as well just stop at G3. We're all at the mercy of EA giving us some pack luck to improve our teams, rather than our ability with the controller. What a game mode 👏.
  • Mozinho
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Can’t break into Elite so I stop at Gold 3 just for the three red picks tbh, saves me the headache and 5-10 games worth of time
  • The_giant616
    1506 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mamba24 wrote: »
    Red picks are dead and pack weight is horrific.

You’ll get the same rubbish from Elite 3 that you’ll get from Gold 3, it’ll just come in different packaging as it’s currently all based off luck.

The whole system needs overhauling to give an incentive to finish higher so that you get guaranteed better rewards for finishing higher.

Get rid of just TOTW picks and do something along the lines of Gold 3 = 3x 84+ player picks, Elite 3 = 3x 86+ player picks. That way you can pack promo cards and useful fodder rather than just dead TOTW cards.

Or the higher you rank you get a guaranteed 86+ Red pick for example? Elite get a guaranteed 87+ etc...
  • Stav93
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    I've stopped at 14 generally the last couple of Fifas with the exception of TOTS, but this year especially with how Rivals games work stopping at 14 allows me to play some Rivals Monday-Wednesday to get Div 1 Rank 1. Also rewards are pony.
  • Nodge86
    3955 posts National Call-Up
    FifaProDK wrote: »

You can play a handful thurs, a handful fri. G3 sat and sun and a handful through the week. Will be well in to rank 1.
  • Boysie91
    13781 posts World Class
    Stop at 14 wins
    Play div 1 untill rank 1 or 2

I just hit guaranteed rank 1 with 4 game remaining now I need to get couple tokens for fodder packs.
  • FifaProDK
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nodge86 wrote: »
    FifaProDK wrote: »

You can play a handful thurs, a handful fri. G3 sat and sun and a handful through the week. Will be well in to rank 1.

All well and dandy if you got time for all that.
  • Jamieshore22
    1412 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »
    2 factors;

The gameplay is generally terrible and there's not much fun to be had in the state that it's in. The first couple of months people are excited about the new game and building a new team, then as usual everyone realises the gameplay itself is a mess and the 'new release' effect drops off.

Second reason is that getting a higher rank doesn't get you better rewards. At this stage of the game, most hardcore players only want big multi million pound cards to improve their team. Getting a higher finish doesn't get you anything better, so you may as well just stop at G3. We're all at the mercy of EA giving us some pack luck to improve our teams, rather than our ability with the controller. What a game mode 👏.

This is the biggest change we need to see, we should be able to unlock any player by playing the game! Fine if it’s a huge grind for R9 but it shouldn’t be down to luck!
  • Neil_14
    2337 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stop at G3, usually takes about 20 games for me on average.
  • TDOF
    8610 posts League Winner
    Yeah same thing on my friends list, about 10-15 people were playing WL in the first few months, now there's like 3 lol most only play to 11 or 14.