What If Weah vs Prime RVN. Weah wins!

Kennyy
7233 posts Big Money Move
edited March 7
So I got sucked in by all the good icon picks and did it myself. RVN was the best :#, determined to try him out. Putting him against a free 72 rated card will let me know just how much of a let down the pick is!

They will play 29 games each. 10 on teams built around them, 10 together, who will score the most goals?

The Teams
Weah
5-B9287-CD-4-E5-B-4-E58-BAC9-8-A9005278-F4-F.jpg
I may use Yazici instead of Benedetto, just want to try him out.

RVN
1-A855935-E8-C3-4246-A4-AD-208-A29017-CAB.jpg
I planned a full Dutch team but Senesi and Martinez just add a touch of defensive quality that the team may have been at a disadvantage without.

Weah vs RVN
0243-A0-B6-6-CD5-4-DB0-8880-4248-E48-ABB96.jpg
I’ll play 5 games with Weah on the left, 5 with RVN on the left as they both have 3* weak foot and are right footed.

Been messing around with an app called FUT Track which I’ll use to teak my results. Looks so much faster than what I normally do.
Post edited by Kennyy on

Comments

• Neil_14
    2077 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks like a fun one, I'm backing Ruud! For old times sake aha. Not tried him this year, curious to see how you get on. Good luck!
  • Kennyy
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    Looks like a fun one, I'm backing Ruud! For old times sake aha. Not tried him this year, curious to see how you get on. Good luck!

Tried him out in a few games, garbage on the ball but clinical when given the ball in the box.

You’d hope he will win comfortably but I’m not convinced :#

• DannySTFC
    7167 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 4
    I’m using Weah up top with milestone Joshua King this weekend. I also use the same app. These were my stats with King last weekend, unbelievable goal contribution per game really for the level of card he is.

623-FC834-4025-40-D6-9-BFC-E31910018-CFA.png
  • kraid
    7427 posts Big Money Move
    Kennyy wrote: »
    So this is the app - FUT Track.

I’ve only messed about with it so far but it looks great. You just take a picture of the match stats and it adds it all in automatically.

75-CCE9-E4-0-B34-4782-A519-A8416-FDBF361.jpg
    00238-A0-F-D440-4373-89-BE-34-D28-F4-AAA6-B.jpg
    C2-FA457-E-7-D33-47-E3-B56-C-2827-BAC0-F579.jpg

You also have your squads saved so it just takes a few clicks to record who scored/assisted.

App is good but most of the time the photo function only updates half the stats, when I did it at least.
  • DannySTFC
    kraid wrote: »
    So this is the app - FUT Track.

I’ve only messed about with it so far but it looks great. You just take a picture of the match stats and it adds it all in automatically.

75-CCE9-E4-0-B34-4782-A519-A8416-FDBF361.jpg
    00238-A0-F-D440-4373-89-BE-34-D28-F4-AAA6-B.jpg
    C2-FA457-E-7-D33-47-E3-B56-C-2827-BAC0-F579.jpg

You also have your squads saved so it just takes a few clicks to record who scored/assisted.

App is good but most of the time the photo function only updates half the stats, when I did it at least.

Works perfect for me, very occasionally misses one or two stats out. Best way to do it is to the main in game menu then open the match stats out to full screen, then as long as it’s lined up fairly well it works.
  • Tesco
    7858 posts League Winner
    Hope weah does silvers proud
  • Jamieshore22
    1329 posts Professional
    Yes!!! Been meaning to try the app it always about 5 games in by the time I remember it!

I’ve been looking at RVN recently as going to put a Man Utd icons team together. FUTbin comments seem to like him once you weed out the cool meta kids.

That weah does look good back I’m backing ruud here!
  • sneaky77
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    For nostalgia reason I hope rvn is on top lol
  • ImAtrocious
    2690 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hmm, may give the app a shot instead of the futwltracker.com site I've been using. That one is all manual, and still a great option.

You're doing this WL thing the right way by changing it up and having fun. Both teams look plenty competitive to me.
  • Kennyy
    Hmm, may give the app a shot instead of the futwltracker.com site I've been using. That one is all manual, and still a great option.

You're doing this WL thing the right way by changing it up and having fun. Both teams look plenty competitive to me.

That’s the thing, I’ve accepted I’m a gold 3/2 player so I may as well mix things up, have fun and still achieve mediocrity!

• Jamieshore22
    1329 posts Professional
    https://www.ea.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=it0FgJwKnWoF4:FFA21PS4

This is my team at the moment. I’m trying to get mid Maradona but just short this week.

Downloaded the app so will give it a go
  • Jamieshore22
    1329 posts Professional

That’s the thing, I’ve accepted I’m a gold 3/2 player so I may as well mix things up, have fun and still achieve mediocrity!

Same here!

• DannySTFC

That’s what I’m doing now. My main team is like 89 rated but bored of using it. Used a mixture of IF silvers and EFL milestones last weekend. I usually finish around 17-10, last weekend I stopped at 14-8 so I would have comfortably made 17 even though I was using a much weaker team.

Same results, but much, much more enjoyment. I’m doing the next few weekends around certain themes. This weekend Weah is the centre piece, the following weekend I’m looking at using my Overmars + Leroy Ferr + all 6 of the Eredivise milestone players. Also really hoping Messi gets POTM so I can do something like a full silver team + POTM Messi weekend league.
  • RayS
    34074 posts World Cup Winner
    Love this.

Also, awesome website!

Also also, actual footage of Weah leaving the dressing room

giphy-9.gif
  • Tesco
    7858 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    Love this.

Also, awesome website!

giphy-9.gif

Thought that was you
  • Batman442
    5737 posts Big Money Move
    I'd hold out a week or two and see if he will get upgraded, I done him already and used him in some squad battles. He is ok, another upgrade and he would be pretty good for a silver.
  • Kennyy
    Batman442 wrote: »
    I'd hold out a week or two and see if he will get upgraded, I done him already and used him in some squad battles. He is ok, another upgrade and he would be pretty good for a silver.

They’ve only got 2 games before April, might be a long wait.

I’ll use him again in an American team
  • Kennyy
    DannySTFC wrote: »

That’s what I’m doing now. My main team is like 89 rated but bored of using it. Used a mixture of IF silvers and EFL milestones last weekend. I usually finish around 17-10, last weekend I stopped at 14-8 so I would have comfortably made 17 even though I was using a much weaker team.

Same results, but much, much more enjoyment. I’m doing the next few weekends around certain themes. This weekend Weah is the centre piece, the following weekend I’m looking at using my Overmars + Leroy Ferr + all 6 of the Eredivise milestone players. Also really hoping Messi gets POTM so I can do something like a full silver team + POTM Messi weekend league.

More championship objective soon and it will become a great option
  • nj10
    2853 posts National Call-Up
    RVN is pretty good in the game. Most people you play against top deep so his pace isn’t much of an issue

He can’t hold up the ball and win things in the air

Not to mention his finishing!
  • Gnomenclature
    7689 posts League Winner
    Love this.

Also, awesome website!

giphy-9.gif

Nice man! Just need captain Canada to score 4 goals this weekend lol.
  • RayS
    34074 posts World Cup Winner
    Love this.

Also, awesome website!

giphy-9.gif

Nice man! Just need captain Canada to score 4 goals this weekend lol.

Unfortunately Lille have a cup game which doesn't count toward the tally :/
  • JWNYsg
    6391 posts Big Money Move
    you continue to push barriers and frontiers. Good luck bro
  • BogusTommy
    1580 posts Play-Off Hero
    My heart says Van Nistelrooy will win with a landslide. Just feed him the ball near the opponents goal and he will get the goals.
  • Kennyy
    BogusTommy wrote: »
    My heart says Van Nistelrooy will win with a landslide. Just feed him the ball near the opponents goal and he will get the goals.

I won’t be surprised if neither is top scorer. Mbappe in 10 games might do more damage than each of them in 20
  • Kennyy
    4 goals a piece in game 1.

Going to be a fun WL!
  • Kennyy
    edited March 5
    Round 1 - Hybrid Team
    Game 1 - Won 10-4
    C9-F955-CA-C9-F1-4-CA7-B3-B9-1-B241-ABFE035.jpg
    Game 2 - Lost 4-1
    1-ADD16-E1-A7-EA-4-C28-B930-A82-D22-F62-EAE.jpg
    Game 3 - Won 5-2
    C05-A7619-DD12-4-E2-C-9-E4-C-551-EB2-BD9-BF6.jpg
    Game 4 - Lost 5-1
    B28-A7681-994-F-48-E2-9452-F79-E9-BD1-E09-F.jpg
    Game 5 - Won 4-3
    780-C91-CC-19-FA-4-E58-8-CED-16-A78-BBCBA83.jpg

Round 1 Stats
    61-FDA231-C6-B7-4573-9-EEA-479-DC01-EE427.png

So I opened with both playing in the interest of fairness, with the lever is leading after these 5 playing the next 5, so Weah it is!

All in all a fun 5 games, deserved my wins and deserved my losses. Weah is fantastic but a little poor in the build up, RVN is great if I can find him in the box.

RVN with the most motm and most goal contributions, but Weah with the most goals. Such a fun team!
  • Kennyy
    @MIG40970

You should check that app out, great for info on ELO and time played.
  • Neil_14
    2077 posts Fans' Favourite
    Proud of you Ruud 👏 13 goal contributions in 5 games, what a legend.