Is the game the real problem? or the community...

Chalmo
871 posts Semi-Pro
1 week ago, I played WL in casual mode (if we can do that). Just 20 games to get minimal rewards even tho I don't expect to get anything out of it. It's been a long time since I don't play WL to get rewards but to try and improve my self competitively speaking.

Then, I decided not to play WL again until TOTS season. I will enjoy and play some Managerial Masterpiece to get this Fofana. It will be nice, it will change. It's almost like a RPG where you need to accomplish a Quest to get a "good" reward.
And also, it will be nice to play with and against "low rated" teams.

I was a foul to think that.

I don't remind having a single "true" game where I played football. Either winning or losing, I don't care. I just wanted to play some FIFA games online while grinding for an objective.
All the scenarios were:
- If I lose I quit the game
- If I lose, I stop playing
- I let you score and you let me score

etc etc etc

Maybe I'm expecting something that does not exist. Maybe I'm playing the wrong game mode. Maybe the wrong game.

But I just can't read people complaining about the game it self anymore when they behave like this.

I know some of you will agree, others will not. No problem. Opinions are welcome.

How do I take pleasure in this game now? Playing against AI?

Cheers

Comments

• Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m in exactly the same boat mate. I don’t understand why playing for objectives is such an evil thing to be rushed through. It’s all part of the same game.

If you don’t have time or want to complete the objectives, then don’t. If you aren’t good enough to complete the objectives then guess what, it’s a game!!!! You need to get better. I don’t go into cod games asking people to help me so why is it a thing in fifa?

I will say that if I have a certain amount of wins for the objective and others need to score I will let them as we are all doing the same objectives and there is no need to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • All4fun1991
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Both
  • Bobo23
    4346 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2021
    YouTube is what has turned the community the way it is. Too many people, especially teens following and copying their every move.

The game was better when you had to think for yourself. By using your own formations, the players you wanted etc etc.

It's like golden goal in friendlies, it's like some unwritten law that you must abide by. Otherwise you'll get torrents of abuse. I'm not saying golden goal isn't good, as imo it is and saves so much time. But you should be able to play the game how you want, not how others want you to play!
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    They need to axe objectives and icon swaps immediately. They are a nice idea but as you point out the community cant be trusted and has ruined them.
  • Jamieshore22
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    YouTube is what has turned the community the way it is. Too many people, especially teens following and copying their every move.

The game was better when you had to think for yourself. By using your own formations, the players you wanted etc etc.

This is also very true.
  • Jamieshore22
    Exactly the same with cod
  • Jamieshore22
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    They need to axe objectives and icon swaps immediately. They are a nice idea but as you point out the community cant be trusted and has ruined them.

So what game modes would be left??!
  • Gazmac_868

Rivals, weekend league, friendlies,squad battles,draft. Why do we need these objectives?? They ve just made the game a complete mess. In an ideal world they would just bring the game back to the way it was for fut 13/14. Never was any talk of golden goal back then.
  • BigH82
    933 posts Professional
    I think it’s a combination of three things...

The game, in terms of top tier players availability, after all its ultimate team you obviously want the best players. However there totally unaffordable and impossible to pack. This already feeds toxicity

Then the community, while we call it a community I don’t know why, most are pretty much out to get the objectives done at any cost irrespective of toxicity - personally I’m not but I understand where it comes from - no chance of packing top tier, not enough coins to buy. So why are they going to sit there for hours for an average 87 rated card! There going to do the card the fastest method possible with zero concern for the opponents frustration

The gameplay- well this has been moaned about to death and then some. It changes daily, yesterday I couldn’t tackle or pass for tosh. don’t know why but it was so frustrating

UT It’s gambling at its worst with each other at each other throats to get what they can when they can.

Are EA going to change anything on such a financially viable game ? probably not
  • Stav93
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    EA are no angels, there are plenty of things they do that are shady and that affect the game negatively.

However, the community is, and has been the largest problem with the franchise in the last 3/4 years. It's no coincidence that every year when the game drops, everyone is in awe and is clamouring it as the "greatest Fifa ever", only for a couple of months to pass and the same people proclaim the game is dead.

Now I'm not denying that EA do put out some rubbish patches throughout the year, but the biggest reason why everyone gets sick of it? The "meta" is discovered after a month or so and everyone and their dog tries to implement this and plays the exact same way, and it becomes tedious and boring.

The ultra competitive I must win at all costs mindset is the issue, and too many of the community would rather bore themselves to win, than enjoy themselves and lose, and it doesn't matter what EA pump out year on year, as long as that mindset continues, we'll never enjoy a "great" Fifa again.
  • Jamieshore22
    @Stav93 sadly you are right.
  • mway
    2185 posts Fans' Favourite
    The community is the consequence of the game. If you create a toxic game, a slot machine, an abusive mechanics festival, instead of a football game, don´t expect another thing that a toxic and addicted community of rats.
  • Gazmac_868
    Stav93 wrote: »
    EA are no angels, there are plenty of things they do that are shady and that affect the game negatively.

However, the community is, and has been the largest problem with the franchise in the last 3/4 years. It's no coincidence that every year when the game drops, everyone is in awe and is clamouring it as the "greatest Fifa ever", only for a couple of months to pass and the same people proclaim the game is dead.

Now I'm not denying that EA do put out some rubbish patches throughout the year, but the biggest reason why everyone gets sick of it? The "meta" is discovered after a month or so and everyone and their dog tries to implement this and plays the exact same way, and it becomes tedious and boring.

The ultra competitive I must win at all costs mindset is the issue, and too many of the community would rather bore themselves to win, than enjoy themselves and lose, and it doesn't matter what EA pump out year on year, as long as that mindset continues, we'll never enjoy a "great" Fifa again.

EA think it's great every year though. Record fifa points sales without fail every year.
  • Gazmac_868
    mway wrote: »
    The community is the consequence of the game. If you create a toxic game, a slot machine, an abusive mechanics festival, instead of a football game, don´t expect another thing that a toxic and addicted community of rats.

Correct mate. This is how EA want the game. The more toxic the better they want you pure raging. The more raging you are the more likely you are to load up on fifa points.
  • abhreebhu_45
    12590 posts Has That Special Something

Rivals, weekend league, friendlies,squad battles,draft. Why do we need these objectives?? They ve just made the game a complete mess. In an ideal world they would just bring the game back to the way it was for fut 13/14. Never was any talk of golden goal back then.

I play only for objectives 😆
  • Gazmac_868

I play only for objectives 😆

How many full games have you played? What percentage roughly?
  • Mogga
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    The community has got the game it deserves