I know it’s like this but..

al_10
272 posts Sunday League Hero
I cannot get used to seeing fullbacks in CB positions. I know it’s the meta and blablabla, but it feels so random to play against a full defensive line of full backs.. I know fifa is an arcade/football simulation game and doesn’t fully resemble real football but it just feels so unrealistic to me..

Comments

• True, it makes it less fun to play
  • Rico
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agree, I needed a man city CB to link KDB, I knew the answer was Walker but couldn't bring myself to do it. Ended up paying more for stones whose probably worse
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    There are plenty of examples of full backs playing centre backs though. Walker has played the role for city and England. Maldini played both, Ramos was a right back for years. As Gary Neville once said, nobody grows up wanting to be a full back. In the modern game full backs are quite often converted wingers, like Davies at Bayern or they start at full back to get in a side at young age and move to other positions as the progress and develop, like Steven Gerrard and possibly TAA
  • al_10
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2021
    There are plenty of examples of full backs playing centre backs though. Walker has played the role for city and England. Maldini played both, Ramos was a right back for years. As Gary Neville once said, nobody grows up wanting to be a full back. In the modern game full backs are quite often converted wingers, like Davies at Bayern or they start at full back to get in a side at young age and move to other positions as the progress and develop, like Steven Gerrard and possibly TAA

Agree, but you never see a backline of say ‘four Davies’ in real football. There can be some cases as the ones you mentioned but it’s not like every team has a recurrent case of a fullback playing both positions. Moreover, irl football you want centrebacks to be tall and strong, not just pacey.

I think they should fix pace in general, I would really like to use players like Chiellini, Pique, etc without worrying about being outpaced all the time..

And don’t get me wrong, I could still accept this kind of position changes from time to time or in certain cases where you need a strong like somewhere or if you’re experimenting with something.
  • Unparalleled
    957 posts Professional
    edited February 2021
    I did SBC Boateng and Prime Cannavaro but realised a 7 chem Walker and Kliaber are better cbs than them. ... stupid game
  • YidArmy
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    This argument is getting quite tiresome.

Did any of you play Fifa before Ultimate Team? Or have you ever had a go playing a friend at normal fifa where you play say England vs Portugal? There are no 'position cards' dictating where a player should play, you simply choose any players you want in any position and choose a formation. This is how a game for fifa should be.

Ultimate Team seems to have clouded most FUT managers minds with obsessing about nonsense things such as the position a player plays.

I use full backs at CB simply because every game play I have over 60% possesion and EA have made a game where counter attack, park the bus, no look assisted 50 yard through balls are the go to tactics for 90% of the community. I've used proper centre backs with below 80 pace and their additional defensive awareness does not help stop these through balls. Players with 90 plus pace do help as they can on occasion catch Mbappe to prevent the easy goal.

So in short, take your FUT manager hat off, maybe think back to a time before FUT when we sat on a sofa with our mates and chose 'normal' teams such as Man Utd vs Chelsea (imagine that). It didn't matter where on earth you put a player on the pitch, you just played the game and had fun.

Blame EA for their poor design of a game rather than worrying about other people's line ups.